It won’t happen......

Chat about anything football related here!
Romford

Re: It won’t happen......

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:48 am

Few internet problems on this site late last night...sorry i went without giving a heads up.

It was a great chat and i can see both sides of the argument.

At the time i felt like H...I wanted to lynch the fella who they called "Jesus". We all know the rules and the line about jumping on the park is across that, especially as it seemed planned. The when the geezer run on and took the flag I was seething...punch-ups were going off all over the place and i thought "this aint going to end up nice".

Then when i got a text saying the chap was "bubbles", a fella i know and deeply respect it made me think how did a 61 year old fella who runs a theatre travel business end up behaving like that.

Then i came to this current view.

I have voluntary worked with disadvantaged kids for years...and from a distance you think they were just born bad. When you get close and get to tknow them you realise that they never had a chance because of how they were treated.

When our fans have been treated well we have behaved impeccably.
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:54 am

Trouble is we're lumping everyone together......The Guys under the Directors box,there's prob some
arseholes there doing it for the crack,just an excuse for a bit of mayhem,but also in there are
passionate caring irons who love the club,and want to be heard...

Same goes for the pitch "Invaders"we don't know their agendas,well I don't anyway,might be
arseholes,might be true Irons....

I'm totally against any stadium protests,keep it outside till last game...But I understand when
emotions run high....shit just happens sometimes.

I know you shouldn't discriminate,but going back to the passion thing,Bubbles is as West Ham as
you can get.....and if his emotions got the better of him for a few minutes,as much as I'm
against on the Pitch stuff "During Games" not after,I will be supporting him in which ever way
I can...

And for those of you,that don't know him,listen to the guys that do......
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 am

deanox wrote:
h69 wrote:
You obviously never sat in the East Stand Upper at UP.....I would not have got out of the stand there let alone to an exit :i am genuinely amused:

As far as the fine....if the club get fined for people walking on the pitch (an illegal act) then I think its a good idea to let these people pay it since they caused it....see how passionate they are then.
Don’t make me laugh I was a season ticket holder in the proper east stand ....lower the chicken run, back in the standing days and when we went seating
Fucking upper east stand fuck off, didn’t want to get personal but you obviously do, go fuck your self.
Ah....and there you have it. Another fan who cant deal with another opinion..... I stood in the chicken run until it was seating and then sat in the East Upper. Whats the problem with that ?
Last edited by h69 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 am

mkhammer wrote:Trouble is we're lumping everyone together......The Guys under the Directors box,there's prob some
arseholes there doing it for the crack,just an excuse for a bit of mayhem,but also in there are
passionate caring irons who love the club,and want to be heard...

Same goes for the pitch "Invaders"we don't know their agendas,well I don't anyway,might be
arseholes,might be true Irons....

I'm totally against any stadium protests,keep it outside till last game...But I understand when
emotions run high....shit just happens sometimes.

I know you shouldn't discriminate,but going back to the passion thing,Bubbles is as West Ham as
you can get.....and if his emotions got the better of him for a few minutes,as much as I'm
against on the Pitch stuff "During Games" not after,I will be supporting him in which ever way
I can...

And for those of you,that don't know him,listen to the guys that do......
goodpost:)
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:34 am

Thanks for the discussion Romford...I also had issues with the site last night so bailed :lol:

So here is the thing ...its my opinion so you can get personal if that is your thing and it makes you feel better but its the way I see it if I look at it in a non emotional way.

You want the following

1) Heavier investment in the team
2) The debt of over 100M to be lowered or at least any loan to be interest free (I think that is what attracts Romford to Mike Ashley)
3) The ground to be made a football stadium
4) The team to be competing in the top 6 - Maybe less will admit this but I have heard it this week.

So with this march that was planned and these protests you have a few thousand people willing to wave flags and get angry and maybe start a bit if trouble and a few morons backing them....lets assume that works

so the owners now want to sell up. That is the situation at Newcastle since last year and at Sunderland for the last 3 (Sunderland are even now up for sale for £1)

Get it into your heads that the owners will not walk away without an exit strategy of being able to get their money. That means that they will need to find a pretty rich buyer to fulfill this because they are going to need the following to stop people protesting.

1) They will need to provide the cost of the club as its valued and INCLUDING the debt that needs to be paid

2) They will need to provide the best part of 300M-500M to build a stadium fit for purpose possibly in the same place but maybe elsewhere. If it is in the same place and they are knocking down the stadium then they willl need to buy it, knock it down and build another....plus pay rent somewhere we can play......where will that be and that means a small fortune

3) All the while they are doing 3 above, they will need to be spending between 50-100M in the transfer market with ever decreasing TV money and with little profit coming in based on the above

4) They will need to make a loan of over 100M to the club interest free (Net Debt is 67M) (losing them any interest on that money in real terms) OR secure bank loans which will certainly come with an interest paymnent....or pay it off to the tune of 100M

All the while the team will need to outspend the top 6 of Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. But lets say we accept top 10 for arguments sake.......the other 9 will be generating revenue by then with maybe the exception of Chelsea who are owned by a billionaire.

So the only way we are going to get rid of the owners is to find a billionaire who is willing to write of huge sums before we even start competing. They will not just walk away from the money they have invested or the profit they are due as owners whether we like it or not.

Newcastle are up for sale and have more assets than us such as a large stadium and a big crowd and they cant get sold because their owner despite wanting to get out wants the full value of the club and then some....ours will do the same.

Sunderland the same but have been up for sale for 3 years.....they are so desperate that thay have put their club up for sale for £1 (with debt of 150M)......no buyer

West Ham is more attractive than both these clubs because they are in London and in the PL but less attractive for an owner that wants to make the team instantly better because they have less assets having sold the stadium and a training ground and the thing that is most attractive to an investor is the deal they have on the stadium whereby they pay little but cant do much to it. It nets more and more profit because of the tiny outlay.....the deal that so many hate (I do believe that someone will have to buy that stadium). The club spent over 16M on fitting out the stadium because they see that as the long term cash cow.....if you change that then the club is instantly less attractive to an investor. The very thing people hate is the most attractive quality and the PL status is the second most attractive thing which we are doing our best to lose.

So unless someone comes in with over a billion in loose change, I dont see a change at the top and certainly a couple of people waving a piece of A4 at the directors box on the pitch and a few thousand screaming at the box will only achieve a meltdown with the players and relegation making the club less valuable, less attractive and less investible. It certainly wont make the owners walk away from a business generating 40-50M a year in profit. Why would anyone want to change a stadium that is heavily contributing to that because of low costs.

The only investors I see are some iffy Far eastern sorts and if you think the club is bad now.....wait until a Vincent Tan character comes in.

I will support the club through thick and thin whatever they do as a club and wherever and whoever they play.....have done all my life and while I couldn't care less about all the circus that goes on around them or accounts or popcorn or badges or retractable seats, the only thing that I care about is being able to support a team on a pitch playing football and if people start getting in the way of that then I get angry.
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:00 pm

h69 wrote:Thanks for the discussion Romford...I also had issues with the site last night so bailed :i am genuinely amused:

So here is the thing ...its my opinion so you can get personal if that is your thing and it makes you feel better but its the way I see it if I look at it in a non emotional way.
I didn't think i got personal mate...it really wasn't my intention.

Opinions are like shitters mate...everyone has one.

Im far too long in the tooth to be offended by such things.
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:03 pm

h69 wrote:Thanks for the discussion Romford...I also had issues with the site last night so bailed :i am genuinely amused:

You want the following

1) Heavier investment in the team
2) The debt of over 100M to be lowered or at least any loan to be interest free (I think that is what attracts Romford to Mike Ashley)
3) The ground to be made a football stadium
4) The team to be competing in the top 6 - Maybe less will admit this but I have heard it this week.

So with this march that was planned and these protests you have a few thousand people willing to wave flags and get angry and maybe start a bit if trouble and a few morons backing them....lets assume that works

so the owners now want to sell up. That is the situation at Newcastle since last year and at Sunderland for the last 3 (Sunderland are even now up for sale for £1)

Get it into your heads that the owners will not walk away without an exit strategy of being able to get their money. That means that they will need to find a pretty rich buyer to fulfill this because they are going to need the following to stop people protesting.

1) They will need to provide the cost of the club as its valued and INCLUDING the debt that needs to be paid

2) They will need to provide the best part of 300M-500M to build a stadium fit for purpose possibly in the same place but maybe elsewhere. If it is in the same place and they are knocking down the stadium then they willl need to buy it, knock it down and build another....plus pay rent somewhere we can play......where will that be and that means a small fortune

3) All the while they are doing 3 above, they will need to be spending between 50-100M in the transfer market with ever decreasing TV money and with little profit coming in based on the above

4) They will need to make a loan of over 100M to the club interest free (Net Debt is 67M) (losing them any interest on that money in real terms) OR secure bank loans which will certainly come with an interest paymnent....or pay it off to the tune of 100M

All the while the team will need to outspend the top 6 of Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. But lets say we accept top 10 for arguments sake.......the other 9 will be generating revenue by then with maybe the exception of Chelsea who are owned by a billionaire.

So the only way we are going to get rid of the owners is to find a billionaire who is willing to write of huge sums before we even start competing. They will not just walk away from the money they have invested or the profit they are due as owners whether we like it or not.

Newcastle are up for sale and have more assets than us such as a large stadium and a big crowd and they cant get sold because their owner despite wanting to get out wants the full value of the club and then some....ours will do the same.

Sunderland the same but have been up for sale for 3 years.....they are so desperate that thay have put their club up for sale for £1 (with debt of 150M)......no buyer

West Ham is more attractive than both these clubs because they are in London and in the PL but less attractive for an owner that wants to make the team instantly better because they have less assets having sold the stadium and a training ground and the thing that is most attractive to an investor is the deal they have on the stadium whereby they pay little but cant do much to it. It nets more and more profit because of the tiny outlay.....the deal that so many hate (I do believe that someone will have to buy that stadium). The club spent over 16M on fitting out the stadium because they see that as the long term cash cow.....if you change that then the club is instantly less attractive to an investor. The very thing people hate is the most attractive quality and the PL status is the second most attractive thing which we are doing our best to lose.

So unless someone comes in with over a billion in loose change, I dont see a change at the top and certainly a couple of people waving a piece of A4 at the directors box on the pitch and a few thousand screaming at the box will only achieve a meltdown with the players and relegation making the club less valuable, less attractive and less investible. It certainly wont make the owners walk away from a business generating 40-50M a year in profit. Why would anyone want to change a stadium that is heavily contributing to that because of low costs.

The only investors I see are some iffy Far eastern sorts and if you think the club is bad now.....wait until a Vincent Tan character comes in.

I will support the club through thick and thin whatever they do as a club and wherever and whoever they play.....have done all my life and while I couldn't care less about all the circus that goes on around them or accounts or popcorn or badges or retractable seats, the only thing that I care about is being able to support a team on a pitch playing football and if people start getting in the way of that then I get angry.
I honestly think that a good owner can not only make lots of money...but lots of kudos and massage their huge ego by taking this club on and making it successful. We have something that none of the other London clubs...and if someone can get that going in the right direction then i think we could have something.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Romford wrote:

I didn't think i got personal mate...it really wasn't my intention.

Opinions are like shitters mate...everyone has one.

Im far too long in the tooth to be offended by such things.
No....you didn't at all mate. Your responses were very measured. The personal part was aimed at some of the others.
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:07 pm

h69 wrote:
No....you didn't at all mate. Your responses were very measured.
Thank you for your honesty
0 x

Romford

Post by Romford » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:10 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng ... infighting" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
0 x

Social Media