It won’t happen......

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
h69
Posts: 2795
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:16 pm

Romford wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/mar/13/david-squires-on-west-hams-chaotic-cauldron-of-infighting

:i am genuinely amused:


Brilliant.....if you add an h to the beginning of the link :lol: ( I added one - Oz)
0 x

User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 4227
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby eskimo joe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:05 pm

h69 wrote:Thanks for the discussion Romford...I also had issues with the site last night so bailed :i am genuinely amused:

So here is the thing ...its my opinion so you can get personal if that is your thing and it makes you feel better but its the way I see it if I look at it in a non emotional way.

You want the following

1) Heavier investment in the team
2) The debt of over 100M to be lowered or at least any loan to be interest free (I think that is what attracts Romford to Mike Ashley)
3) The ground to be made a football stadium
4) The team to be competing in the top 6 - Maybe less will admit this but I have heard it this week.

So with this march that was planned and these protests you have a few thousand people willing to wave flags and get angry and maybe start a bit if trouble and a few morons backing them....lets assume that works

so the owners now want to sell up. That is the situation at Newcastle since last year and at Sunderland for the last 3 (Sunderland are even now up for sale for £1)

Get it into your heads that the owners will not walk away without an exit strategy of being able to get their money. That means that they will need to find a pretty rich buyer to fulfill this because they are going to need the following to stop people protesting.

1) They will need to provide the cost of the club as its valued and INCLUDING the debt that needs to be paid

2) They will need to provide the best part of 300M-500M to build a stadium fit for purpose possibly in the same place but maybe elsewhere. If it is in the same place and they are knocking down the stadium then they willl need to buy it, knock it down and build another....plus pay rent somewhere we can play......where will that be and that means a small fortune

3) All the while they are doing 3 above, they will need to be spending between 50-100M in the transfer market with ever decreasing TV money and with little profit coming in based on the above

4) They will need to make a loan of over 100M to the club interest free (Net Debt is 67M) (losing them any interest on that money in real terms) OR secure bank loans which will certainly come with an interest paymnent....or pay it off to the tune of 100M

All the while the team will need to outspend the top 6 of Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. But lets say we accept top 10 for arguments sake.......the other 9 will be generating revenue by then with maybe the exception of Chelsea who are owned by a billionaire.

So the only way we are going to get rid of the owners is to find a billionaire who is willing to write of huge sums before we even start competing. They will not just walk away from the money they have invested or the profit they are due as owners whether we like it or not.

Newcastle are up for sale and have more assets than us such as a large stadium and a big crowd and they cant get sold because their owner despite wanting to get out wants the full value of the club and then some....ours will do the same.

Sunderland the same but have been up for sale for 3 years.....they are so desperate that thay have put their club up for sale for £1 (with debt of 150M)......no buyer

West Ham is more attractive than both these clubs because they are in London and in the PL but less attractive for an owner that wants to make the team instantly better because they have less assets having sold the stadium and a training ground and the thing that is most attractive to an investor is the deal they have on the stadium whereby they pay little but cant do much to it. It nets more and more profit because of the tiny outlay.....the deal that so many hate (I do believe that someone will have to buy that stadium). The club spent over 16M on fitting out the stadium because they see that as the long term cash cow.....if you change that then the club is instantly less attractive to an investor. The very thing people hate is the most attractive quality and the PL status is the second most attractive thing which we are doing our best to lose.

So unless someone comes in with over a billion in loose change, I dont see a change at the top and certainly a couple of people waving a piece of A4 at the directors box on the pitch and a few thousand screaming at the box will only achieve a meltdown with the players and relegation making the club less valuable, less attractive and less investible. It certainly wont make the owners walk away from a business generating 40-50M a year in profit. Why would anyone want to change a stadium that is heavily contributing to that because of low costs.

The only investors I see are some iffy Far eastern sorts and if you think the club is bad now.....wait until a Vincent Tan character comes in.

I will support the club through thick and thin whatever they do as a club and wherever and whoever they play.....have done all my life and while I couldn't care less about all the circus that goes on around them or accounts or popcorn or badges or retractable seats, the only thing that I care about is being able to support a team on a pitch playing football and if people start getting in the way of that then I get angry.


Ok alot if not all of what you say makes sense, though I couldn't care less if we compete in Europe really, though it would be nice.

To the ignoramus amongst us, and it is just a question not an argument. If we purchase the stadium, as has been the rumored aim of the barrow boys, why the need to knock down the stadium? Isn't it the running track and getting the seating closer the main issue? Take the athletics away is it not possible for a little vision and tweaking to iron out the curves without a complete demolition job?
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2795
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby h69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Fair play....Its been done before but it's very expensive. The issue is the shape of the stadium. By knocking it down replace with refit.. The buyout of the ground and refit would be a seriously tidy sum.

Why would anyone with a business brain do it when they have a stadium generating 50m a year and costing next to nothing. Maybe a multi bilionaire but that is what you are going to need.
0 x

User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 4227
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby eskimo joe » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:10 pm

h69 wrote:Fair play....Its been done before but it's very expensive. The issue is the shape of the stadium. By knocking it down replace with refit.. The buyout of the ground and refit would be a seriously tidy sum.

Why would anyone with a business brain do it when they have a stadium generating 50m a year and costing next to nothing. Maybe a multi bilionaire but that is what you are going to need.


Well it looks like we are gonna be stuck with them for the duration plus. Cant see them buying the stadium and knocking it down to start again, and i doubt they would do something about the seating.

Theyll prob buy it and hope to off load it as is.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:38 pm

h69 wrote:
The only investors I see are some iffy Far eastern sorts and if you think the club is bad now.....wait until a Vincent Tan character comes in.



Vincent Tan ? Has his ownership of Cardiff not been beneficial for that club ? They spent a seaason in the Premier League a year or so back and look as if they may be back there next season. And this is not a club that has a history of playing in the top flight is it ?

There are many clubs in the Championship with a far higher profile than Cardiff. I would argue Tan has taken them to a higher level than they were at before he arrived. Which is progress. And I suspect, as a consequence, his own return on investment has increased exponentially.

Win/Win.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2795
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby h69 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:10 am

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:
The only investors I see are some iffy Far eastern sorts and if you think the club is bad now.....wait until a Vincent Tan character comes in.



Vincent Tan ? Has his ownership of Cardiff not been beneficial for that club ? They spent a seaason in the Premier League a year or so back and look as if they may be back there next season. And this is not a club that has a history of playing in the top flight is it ?

There are many clubs in the Championship with a far higher profile than Cardiff. I would argue Tan has taken them to a higher level than they were at before he arrived. Which is progress. And I suspect, as a consequence, his own return on investment has increased exponentially.

Win/Win.


I believe he is currently facing a corruption charge abroad, changed their club colours that made a load of them whine that their 'history had been sold out' or words to that affect, there was also a demonstration when he appointed Trollope, moaned about lack of investment when in the PL : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25413233 .....sounds like the whining bitches we have, its almost a parallel.....imagine if the colour of our home kit changed to green or something.....given the whining about London being on the badge, half our support would implode :lol:
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:21 am

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Vincent Tan ? Has his ownership of Cardiff not been beneficial for that club ? They spent a seaason in the Premier League a year or so back and look as if they may be back there next season. And this is not a club that has a history of playing in the top flight is it ?

There are many clubs in the Championship with a far higher profile than Cardiff. I would argue Tan has taken them to a higher level than they were at before he arrived. Which is progress. And I suspect, as a consequence, his own return on investment has increased exponentially.

Win/Win.


I believe he is currently facing a corruption charge abroad, changed their club colours that made a load of them whine that their 'history had been sold out' or words to that affect, there was also a demonstration when he appointed Trollope, moaned about lack of investment when in the PL : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25413233 .....sounds like the whining bitches we have, its almost a parallel.....imagine if the colour of our home kit changed to green or something.....given the whining about London being on the badge, half our support would implode :i am genuinely amused:


As I said on another thread tradition does no one any good. By all means respect the history but don't be governed by it.

I would imaging there are many Cardiff fans who would be happy to see their team play in pink tutus if it meant bringing a bit of success to the club.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2795
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby h69 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:26 am

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:
I believe he is currently facing a corruption charge abroad, changed their club colours that made a load of them whine that their 'history had been sold out' or words to that affect, there was also a demonstration when he appointed Trollope, moaned about lack of investment when in the PL : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25413233 .....sounds like the whining bitches we have, its almost a parallel.....imagine if the colour of our home kit changed to green or something.....given the whining about London being on the badge, half our support would implode :i am genuinely amused:


As I said on another thread tradition does no one any good. By all means respect the history but don't be governed by it.

I would imaging there are many Cardiff fans who would be happy to see their team play in pink tutus if it meant bringing a bit of success to the club.


Personally I agree with that but my point is that we are in a minority if going by the uproar regarding the badge is anything to go by.

However, Cardiff fans hate Tan regardless of the fact they went up given what happened with Mackay and the shirt
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 am

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
As I said on another thread tradition does no one any good. By all means respect the history but don't be governed by it.

I would imaging there are many Cardiff fans who would be happy to see their team play in pink tutus if it meant bringing a bit of success to the club.


Personally I agree with that but my point is that we are in a minority if going by the uproar regarding the badge is anything to go by.

However, Cardiff fans hate Tan regardless of the fact they went up given what happened with Mackay and the shirt


I actually remember when Allardyce was in charge there were a fair few on here whomsaw Mackay as a good replacement. Which I thought was very odd as Cardiff were one of the teams we comprehensively outplayed on our way to winning the play offs.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2795
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: It won’t happen......

Postby h69 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:40 am

Whiskyman wrote:
h69 wrote:
Personally I agree with that but my point is that we are in a minority if going by the uproar regarding the badge is anything to go by.

However, Cardiff fans hate Tan regardless of the fact they went up given what happened with Mackay and the shirt


I actually remember when Allardyce was in charge there were a fair few on here whomsaw Mackay as a good replacement. Which I thought was very odd as Cardiff were one of the teams we comprehensively outplayed on our way to winning the play offs.


Agree.....but he was the right fit for Cardiff and got them promoted. The row was because he wanted to buy two or three players but Tan would not fund it.
0 x


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlackDiamond, Dicksies Diner, jhammers, Oziron, Taansend, ZP Hammer and 31 guests