2 More planned

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: 2 More planned

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:40 am

mkhammer wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:What the fuck is a static protest,anyone?. COYI

Means you can gather together in a public place,not a road or a street but a park or a common,
for a peaceful protest....without having to clear it with police/local authorities.
If your gonna walk together/march on a public highway you have to notify the old bill,and they
have to give you permission...
Health and safety and loads of other shit...

So the static protest can start on, say, Hackney Marshes, but if those assembled then want to make their way to the stadium, not unreasonable if they are fans, for the game they would have to get permission ? Assuming, again not unreasonably, they would all be going at the same time once the meeting finished.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Means you can gather together in a public place,not a road or a street but a park or a common,
for a peaceful protest....without having to clear it with police/local authorities.
If your gonna walk together/march on a public highway you have to notify the old bill,and they

So the static protest can start on, say, Hackney Marshes, but if those assembled then want to make their way to the stadium, not unreasonable if they are fans, for the game they would have to get permission ? Assuming, again not unreasonably, they would all be going at the same time once the meeting finished.

That's the grey area whiskey,if the the "Fans" walk away from the "meeting place" talking quietly
amongst themselves, breaking up taking different routes etc, fine...
But if they walk en masse singing/chanting.....Board out and stuff,could be seen as an
illegal march/demonstration.....Very much at the old bills call...

That's why these Rambles and Static protest's concern me...the old bill know anyway whats
going on ....they read all the forums, twit feeds, F/B stuff as much as us....

There was an "illegal" march last Saturday,the old bill handled it brilliantly IMO,(not in the march
but I watched the start),but that was just 150 or so max.watched by about 30 old bill or so,more on
standby.Anymore makes it harder to police..

Don't wanna go on to much cos you'll think I'm anti protest Which I definitely am not,in this
case...just don't wanna see anyone get in the shit,being blamed for organising an illegal march...
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:16 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

That's the grey area whiskey,if the the "Fans" walk away from the "meeting place" talking quietly
But if they walk en masse singing/chanting.....Board out and stuff,could be seen as an

Mate, if anyone started marching, walking, or even hopping, singing that "Sack The Board" crap I wouldn't call the Old Bill I'd want the men in white fucking coats to come and cart them away.

mkhammer wrote:Don't wanna go on to much cos you'll think I'm anti protest Which I definitely am not,in this
case...just don't wanna see anyone get in the shit,being blamed for organising an illegal march...

Couldn't really care whether you're pro or anti protest mate, it's a completely personal thing imo. Me ? I'm in the "if you're going to protest do it properly" camp and not in the way the march or not to march fiasco was handled.
2 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Mate, if anyone started marching, walking, or even hopping, singing that "Sack The Board" crap I wouldn't call the Old Bill I'd want the men in white fucking coats to come and cart them away.

mkhammer wrote:Don't wanna go on to much cos you'll think I'm anti protest Which I definitely am not,in this

Couldn't really care whether you're pro or anti protest mate, it's a completely personal thing imo. Me ? I'm in the "if you're going to protest do it properly" camp and not in the way the march or not to march fiasco was handled.

That's what I'm kinda getting at mate.....
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:28 am

Whiskyman wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Cheers lads that makes sense,but would permission be given to go to the game, after playing the law game with the Met,it could turn fan v OB. COYI
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:09 am

Baddowhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Cheers lads that makes sense,but would permission be given to go to the game, after playing the law game with the Met,it could turn fan v OB. COYI

Yeah it's all the "What Ifs" that concern me BH.....

Can't stop you Walking to the game,but Marching/chanting together,could be seen as an illegal
procession......it's defining that....it's that fine line that worries me...

In saying that,like I said the OB were great Saturday,really understanding,but it only takes a push or
a shove either way,to turn a really peaceful Walk/Ramble... :i am genuinely amused:

But I'm sure I'm worrying to much,long as we stick together and no infighting,the OB
will do their bit....

Plenty of time to get anything Organised and sorted anyway..... :D
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:48 am

mkhammer wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:Cheers lads that makes sense,but would permission be given to go to the game, after playing the law game with the Met,it could turn fan v OB. COYI

Yeah it's all the "What Ifs" that concern me BH.....

Can't stop you Walking to the game,but Marching/chanting together,could be seen as an illegal
procession......it's defining that....it's that fine line that worries me...

In saying that,like I said the OB were great Saturday,really understanding,but it only takes a push or
a shove either way,to turn a really peaceful Walk/Ramble... :i am genuinely amused:

But I'm sure I'm worrying to much,long as we stick together and no infighting,the OB
will do their bit....

Plenty of time to get anything Organised and sorted anyway..... :D

Yen no guarantees either way as you say one spark and it could get nasty,let's hope there's no in fighting that makes me cringe mate I hate seeing that. COYI
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”