WHUISA

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: WHUISA

Postby ToneLoc » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:06 pm

BM Jon wrote:WHUISA have just issued our statement regarding the new WHUSB. We're giving it a swerve. I've been waiting to quote Einstein for ages.... :lol:

https://whuisa.org/news/

See you fine folks tomorrow.

Oct 19th - John states that WHUISA won't be joining the WHUSB.
Oct 21st - Sean Whetstone steps down from WHUISA committee.

Pure coincidence surely? ;)

0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:00 am

Rumford wrote:Seems like a lot of politics going on again...from mostly people who could walk past me that i would never know.

Could somebody please tell why people who love the sound of their own voice when it comes to this club never want to travel north of Watford Gap to watch the team they apparently live for ??

All of these people would be nothing without poxy Social media.

And they are nothing with it mate. In my experience committees are always populated by the same type of people.

First rule, as you'ver identified, is loving the sound of your own voice. Second rule is refer to rule one.

You do know a camel was a horse designed by a committee, don't you ? People who can do, do. People who don't try to get elected to a committee so they can wear a little tin badge to show off how important they are. Not.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:35 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Rumford wrote:Seems like a lot of politics going on again...from mostly people who could walk past me that i would never know.

Could somebody please tell why people who love the sound of their own voice when it comes to this club never want to travel north of Watford Gap to watch the team they apparently live for ??

All of these people would be nothing without poxy Social media.

And they are nothing with it mate. In my experience committees are always populated by the same type of people.

First rule, as you'ver identified, is loving the sound of your own voice. Second rule is refer to rule one.

You do know a camel was a horse designed by a committee, don't you ? People who can do, do. People who don't try to get elected to a committee so they can wear a little tin badge to show off how important they are. Not.

Bit like the old Social/working mens clubs...

All chairs need to be in line..no kids on the dancefloor after 9. :lol:

They'd love to have the problem of having punters to tell off these days !
0 x

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:50 am

Be nice to hear My WHUFC's point of view regarding current on-goings...Seem's to me like some people are getting far too big for their boots (and they aint football ones) from the outside looking in.

Sadly, yet again, WHUISA and some of it's comittee are living out their lives on a website which is not their own...and this of course not only brings the whole association into repute but makes the whole lot look like a laughing stock and a bunch of clowns.

Some hard decisions need to be made...right now a certain cliche seems to be running the show.
1 x

mywhufc

Postby mywhufc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Rumford wrote:Be nice to hear My WHUFC's point of view regarding current on-goings...Seem's to me like some people are getting far too big for their boots (and they aint football ones) from the outside looking in.

Sadly, yet again, WHUISA and some of it's comittee are living out their lives on a website which is not their own...and this of course not only brings the whole association into repute but makes the whole lot look like a laughing stock and a bunch of clowns.

Some hard decisions need to be made...right now a certain cliche seems to be running the show.

great description actually of the current goings on at WHUISA
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:20 pm

Rumford wrote:Be nice to hear My WHUFC's point of view regarding current on-goings...Seem's to me like some people are getting far too big for their boots (and they aint football ones) from the outside looking in.

The "cliche" that I know travels down from Chester to every home game.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Postby 21212 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:21 pm

'Every cloud has a silver lining'?
0 x

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:22 am

Also be good to hear Jons views on WHUISA yet again using a website that wants fans to pay to post transport details for away games...not forgetting retweeting on the official WHUISA site about the other sites issues.

Totally goes against what the association is supposed to stand for, hardly independent...and something the FSF knows no other fan site does.

All other forums out there don't need to charge and still manage to keep going :roll:

Bad darts...and another reason why many of our travelling fans wont have anything to do with WHUISA.

PS..I know people say keep away from this sort of thing...BUT it is totally wrong. There is NO doubt that there is a conflict of interest. As a paid up member of WHUISA...I totally disagree that i have to find anything out on a website i wont visit.
0 x

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:32 am

mywhufc wrote:

great description actually of the current goings on at WHUISA

We might not agree on many things fella....

Makes the clubs hand much stronger when it comes to them doing this SAB cobblers again.

The same old social media old pals act who spend more time acting important than going to games :roll:

Until WHUISA loses its political slants, outs the wanabee Union Leaders and gets people involved that are actually respected by the rank and file....I'm afraid this will be another win for the Board.
0 x

mywhufc

Postby mywhufc » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:30 pm

Rumford wrote:Also be good to hear Jons views on WHUISA yet again using a website that wants fans to pay to post transport details for away games...not forgetting retweeting on the official WHUISA site about the other sites issues.

Totally goes against what the association is supposed to stand for, hardly independent...and something the FSF knows no other fan site does.

All other forums out there don't need to charge and still manage to keep going :roll:

Bad darts...and another reason why many of our travelling fans wont have anything to do with WHUISA.

PS..I know people say keep away from this sort of thing...BUT it is totally wrong. There is NO doubt that there is a conflict of interest. As a paid up member of WHUISA...I totally disagree that i have to find anything out on a website i wont visit.

The reason i go on the other site to argue on the WHUISA thread is to highlight they shouldn’t be using that site as its where they do all WHUISAs announcements, then again, its mainly only 1 person doing it on there & he controls the WHUISA twitter feed.
Ive argued behind the scenes to stop the political bollocks, and stop personal beliefs dictating WHUISA policy, & i won’t stop telling them.
All WHUISA should be concerned with is what the members want and how to make those that go to games lives better, taking the widespread views of the fans to the club. Members 1st
The committee should represent WHUISA members views not our own
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”