WHUISA

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Re: WHUISA

Postby redhammer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:34 am

mywhufc wrote:
Rumford wrote:Also be good to hear Jons views on WHUISA yet again using a website that wants fans to pay to post transport details for away games...not forgetting retweeting on the official WHUISA site about the other sites issues.

Totally goes against what the association is supposed to stand for, hardly independent...and something the FSF knows no other fan site does.

All other forums out there don't need to charge and still manage to keep going :roll:

Bad darts...and another reason why many of our travelling fans wont have anything to do with WHUISA.

PS..I know people say keep away from this sort of thing...BUT it is totally wrong. There is NO doubt that there is a conflict of interest. As a paid up member of WHUISA...I totally disagree that i have to find anything out on a website i wont visit.

The reason i go on the other site to argue on the WHUISA thread is to highlight they shouldn’t be using that site as its where they do all WHUISAs announcements, then again, its mainly only 1 person doing it on there & he controls the WHUISA twitter feed.
Ive argued behind the scenes to stop the political bollocks, and stop personal beliefs dictating WHUISA policy, & i won’t stop telling them.
All WHUISA should be concerned with is what the members want and how to make those that go to games lives better, taking the widespread views of the fans to the club. Members 1st
The committee should represent WHUISA members views not our own

From the outside looking in, I have to agree. I don't include John in this as I know of him personally but this is what concerned me back in March when the march stuff was going on and you could find the chair in national newspapers speaking about himself and throwing accusations around. As a paid member, never once did I see any communications asking about what actions should have been taken and felt major decisions like that should have been a members decision rather than an individual

We all have our view on Sean stepping down etc but the reality is, it was likely to always happen eventually as it was a situation with too many tangents in my opinion due to whom Sean is. Just like I don't think myself, Gonzo, Nicky & Ryan (WHFTV), Graeme Howlett (KUMB), Iain Dale (WHTID), David Blackmore (Blowing Bubbles), Ex, Dave (SDCC) etc etc, should be going for anything to do with WHUISA other than a paid member and/or promoting WHUISA to our members

The above names and more would have too many conflicts of interest (due to trying to represent their members/followers).
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:30 am

Rumford wrote:
mywhufc wrote:great description actually of the current goings on at WHUISA

Until WHUISA loses its political slants, outs the wanabee Union Leaders and gets people involved that are actually respected by the rank and file....I'm afraid this will be another win for the Board.

Anyone in particular?
I'd like to know if this is the case as I'm a member and am not interested in sponsoring any political agenda.
I thought this was the point of the previous chairperson stepping down?
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:57 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Rumford wrote:Until WHUISA loses its political slants, outs the wanabee Union Leaders and gets people involved that are actually respected by the rank and file....I'm afraid this will be another win for the Board.

Anyone in particular?
I'd like to know if this is the case as I'm a member and am not interested in sponsoring any political agenda.

This is the problem TL....none of the respected rank and file want to get involved because they see it as leftie fans group who want to push their ideals onto others.

I stopped going England games because it got too political the other way.

Why can't people just be fans...never bring up politics or religion down the pub, there is a reason why.
0 x

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:04 pm

mywhufc wrote:The reason i go on the other site to argue on the WHUISA thread is to highlight they shouldn’t be using that site as its where they do all WHUISAs announcements, then again, its mainly only 1 person doing it on there & he controls the WHUISA twitter feed.
Ive argued behind the scenes to stop the political bollocks, and stop personal beliefs dictating WHUISA policy, & i won’t stop telling them.
All WHUISA should be concerned with is what the members want and how to make those that go to games lives better, taking the widespread views of the fans to the club. Members 1st

Well said Nige..

The problem is that many of them making the decisions don't go to the bloody games.

Nobody is going to agree 100% with everyone else, just look at us, BUT this should not mean that the association loses sight of what it has been voted (and paid) to do.

Thanks for your stand fella whufc_crest
0 x

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:12 pm

redhammer wrote:
From the outside looking in, I have to agree. I don't include John in this as I know of him personally but this is what concerned me back in March when the march stuff was going on and you could find the chair in national newspapers speaking about himself and throwing accusations around. As a paid member, never once did I see any communications asking about what actions should have been taken and felt major decisions like that should have been a members decision rather than an individual

We all have our view on Sean stepping down etc but the reality is, it was likely to always happen eventually as it was a situation with too many tangents in my opinion due to whom Sean is. Just like I don't think myself, Gonzo, Nicky & Ryan (WHFTV), Graeme Howlett (KUMB), Iain Dale (WHTID), David Blackmore (Blowing Bubbles), Ex, Dave (SDCC) etc etc, should be going for anything to do with WHUISA other than a paid member and/or promoting WHUISA to our members

The above names and more would have too many conflicts of interest (due to trying to represent their members/followers).

I too don't have an issue with Jon...apart from him drinking in the noisy away pubs with beer flying 8-)

I also back the WHFTV guys...see them about and their love of the club.

I don't think i know you personally Red....but I defo know Howlett, Whetstone and Dale. None have been seen at an away game that i can remember in the last 5 years or so. (one hasn't been seen at many homes...and is never seen these days)

What gives them the front to think they can talk to the board on our behalf...and please nobody say their members/followers.

WHUISA was supposed to be giving the real fans a voice...not earn someone a shedload of advertising money for his website.
0 x

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Rumford wrote:Until WHUISA loses its political slants, outs the wanabee Union Leaders and gets people involved that are actually respected by the rank and file....I'm afraid this will be another win for the Board.

Anyone in particular?

Mark the previous Chairman was a lovely guy...and loved the club.

He wasn't the guy for the situation though...i think he might even agree with that.

He also very much agreed with the disgrace of WHUISA's fav website charging fan run coaches to give out times and prices...apparently because of the high cost of running that site although all the others seem to get by

Im pretty sure the vast majority of WHUISA members would see that the whole reason for a forum was to help such situations...not make money out of them (and hence then put the prices up for away fans even more).

But lets not kid ourselves....that website helps advertise joining WHUISA and it's a bit of a "you scratch my back" situation.

:roll:
0 x

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 pm

The real bottom line of all this is....this is probably the last chance for WHUISA to make a name for themselves.

Anybody see it happening ?

I can see it ending up in my "wasted chance" folder.
0 x

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:30 am

mywhufc wrote:The reason i go on the other site to argue on the WHUISA thread is to highlight they shouldn’t be using that site as its where they do all WHUISAs announcements, then again, its mainly only 1 person doing it on there & he controls the WHUISA twitter feed.

Just to add to the bit about the twitter feed...

There is a link on WHUISA to Robert Banks book being no1 on West Ham related literature.

You ask ANY travelling West Ham fan who read the first "Irrational" and they will say as one "Robert WHO" ??

The bloke is a total fraud...makes out he was a diehard fan but was never nothing of the sort. The book bought quite a lot of anger amongst us doing the legwork, just ask Cockney Hammer on here.

That WHUISA is giving the geezer a pedestal shows just out of touch they are....

A supposed Independent Supporters Assocation cannot just link their mates businesses to give them a hand up.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Postby redhammer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:33 pm

Rumford wrote:
redhammer wrote:

I too don't have an issue with Jon...apart from him drinking in the noisy away pubs with beer flying 8-)

I also back the WHFTV guys...see them about and their love of the club.

I don't think i know you personally Red....but I defo know Howlett, Whetstone and Dale. None have been seen at an away game that i can remember in the last 5 years or so. (one hasn't been seen at many homes...and is never seen these days)

What gives them the front to think they can talk to the board on our behalf...and please nobody say their members/followers.

WHUISA was supposed to be giving the real fans a voice...not earn someone a shedload of advertising money for his website.

No we have never met Chas but I don't attend many away games, a home game is a big enough trek for me (1100 miles round trip).

WHUISA are struggling to remain relevant in my opinion, if fans have an issue, is WHUISA their first port of call, like it should be the aim? I don't think it is.

How do they change that? Fuck knows. But it won't be easy.
0 x

Rumford

Postby Rumford » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:47 pm

I wished i lived that far away mate :D

Especially today
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”