The Propaganda Machine

Chat about anything football related here!
jhammers

The Propaganda Machine

Postby jhammers » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:50 am

So since the events that unfolded vs Burnley the following players have been used by the club to try and 'calm the situation down...'

Noble
Zabaleta
Arnautovic
Lanzini
Noble again

And now... Sir Trevor Brooking.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 01821.html

Something doesn't quite sit right with me the likes of Noble and Brooking 'siding' with the board.

Noble says in his most recent 'message to the fans' :

"negativity can undoubtedly affect players’ concentration and confidence, as I believe it did in the second half against Burnley"

What about the other 30 games when the fans have been up and down the country supporting you?

Noble:
"I can understand the frustrations some of you are feeling. This season has not gone how we’d all hoped it would"

Oh yes Mark its all about the football being poor isn't it, not like we're used to watching shite every year. If he honestly believes that's what its all about then he is seriously out of touch with the fans.

I give Noble a bit of leeway here as he is employed by the owners so he can't just come out and say 'yeah board out, the fucking crooks' but all these little messages leave a sour taste.

Now onto Mr West Ham sir Trevor Brooking.

"I find it difficult to see how anyone could feel that the type of violent demonstration we saw is going to help the club we all love. I always believe fans should be entitled to air their views. If they want to protest, yes, that is their right. But it should not be done when it can adversely affect the performances of Mark Noble and his team-mates."

Well.. we tried to do that Trevor but it was cancelled by the club and something they desperately tried to avoid. Hence why emotions spilled over. It's not the fans fault that the owners have failed to deliver on their promises.

Sir Trevor: "I also know that a lot of hard work is going on behind the scenes to make the stadium feel more like home"

We have been in this stadium nearly 2 seasons now, we had years to prepare the stadium to 'feel like home' for when we were due to move in.
----

Anyone else getting a bit fed up of this propaganda machine? As we've known from this club in recent years 'talk is cheap' - just do it on the pitch.
Blaming the fans and telling them to 'support the team' isn't doing much good, the fans have been supporting you all season so don't make it seem like the 'toxic atmosphere from fans' has got us in this relegation trouble. Inept management, poor tactics, shit stadium, lying, thieving owners - shall i go on?
6 x

Dwayne Pipes

Re: The Propaganda Machine

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:39 pm

It’s the the blame culture in today’s society it’s everyone’s but their own fault.
Listen Noble you and the rest of your team have been fucking dogshit all season so fuck off with your pathetic excuses .
Fucking man up and Lead the team like your fucking paid to,sick of you cunts blaming the fans that have had to put up with the spineless fucking shit we have seen.
3 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:59 pm

jhammers wrote:Now onto Mr West Ham sir Trevor Brooking.

"I find it difficult to see how anyone could feel that the type of violent demonstration we saw is going to help the club we all love. I always believe fans should be entitled to air their views. If they want to protest, yes, that is their right. But it should not be done when it can adversely affect the performances of Mark Noble and his team-mates."

Well.. we tried to do that Trevor but it was cancelled by the club and something they desperately tried to avoid. Hence why emotions spilled over. It's not the fans fault that the owners have failed to deliver on their promises.

That's not quite true though is it ?

From what I remember, the fans cancelled the march. The club have no way to cancel a demonstration if the fans want to have one. In fact, I am not sure that any march was ever really arranged.
0 x

jhammers

Postby jhammers » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:12 pm

h69 wrote:

From what I remember, the fans cancelled the march. The club have no way to cancel a demonstration if the fans want to have one. In fact, I am not sure that any march was ever really arranged.

I suppose it depends who you believe.

There is no denying the march/protest had the club shitting themselves.
1 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:15 pm

h69 wrote:

From what I remember, the fans cancelled the march.

"Four" fans cancelled the march, and I'm probably being generous on democracy levels even then :)
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:20 pm

jhammers wrote:
h69 wrote:

If that is the case, and I agree it probably is, why on earth were a few so called fans allowed to cancel it ? This board is rank bad, no denying that, but they can't be blamed for cancelling the march. A handful of ex ICF heavies did that after apparently cosying up to the dwarf and being given certain assurances.
2 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Was only a matter of time before they wheeled old Trev out .

Still 2 days to go ... who’s next ?

My guess ... MK , Whiskey , 69 & Broga ... centre page spread in the programme :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:11 pm

jhammers wrote:
h69 wrote:

Or could work out that it is impossible for the club to cancel the march on your own
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:11 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
h69 wrote:From what I remember, the fans cancelled the march.

"Four" fans cancelled the march, and I'm probably being generous on democracy levels even then :)

Shows how much our fans are sheep.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:12 pm

Newmarket wrote:Was only a matter of time before they wheeled old Trev out .

Still 2 days to go ... who’s next ?

My guess ... MK , Whiskey , 69 & Broga ... centre page spread in the programme :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :twisted:

I'll support the team on Saturday, its in my blood and I am not a part time supporter more interested in popcorn and seating.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”