West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:52 am

After my hope of getting a point against Arsenal quickly vanished in last 8 minutes of the games, I don't expect West Ham to get anything from this game as Man City looking for records so it is a pointless match to watch. Moyes is very stubborn to change formation so no changes there.

Squad:

Adrian

Rice
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Zabaleta
Masuaku
Noble
Kouyate

Lanzini (must start)
Chico
Arnautovic

This is a 3-4-3 formation for attacking play and revert to 5-3-2 when we do the defensive with Zabaleta and Masuaku closing down attacking winger as both revert to RB/LB and with Lanzini drop to midfield.

Preview & links will appear here
0 x

OZHAMMER

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by OZHAMMER » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:03 am

Our starting eleven should just bend over and get fisted by their starting eleven...

... would be a lot less painful and a lot less embarrassing than what they’ll do to us on the pitch.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:32 am

Ibbyham wrote:After my hope of getting a point against Arsenal quickly vanished in last 8 minutes of the games, I don't expect West Ham to get anything from this game as Man City looking for records so it is a pointless match to watch. Moyes is very stubborn to change formation so no changes there.

Squad:

Adrian

Rice
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Zabaleta
Masuaku
Noble
Kouyate

Lanzini (must start)
Chico
Arnautovic

This is a 3-4-3 formation for attacking play and revert to 5-3-2 when we do the defensive with Zabaleta and Masuaku closing down attacking winger as both revert to RB/LB and with Lanzini drop to midfield.

Zabaleta and Masuaku closing down attacking wingers lol , you really think those 2 will cope with what Man City are going to throw at them , especially the way Moyes is going to play it . Good idea Lanzini dropping back into Midfield as we are going to need someone in that position .lol
Last edited by Clayton on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:42 am

OZHAMMER wrote:Our starting eleven should just bend over and get fisted by their starting eleven...

... would be a lot less painful and a lot less embarrassing than what they’ll do to us on the pitch.
I too believe that we'll have an arse resembling that of a baboon.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Doombar

Post by Doombar » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:57 am

Brookbonds73 wrote:
OZHAMMER wrote:Our starting eleven should just bend over and get fisted by their starting eleven...

I too believe that we'll have an arse resembling that of a baboon.

We are doomed to the Pit of Misery Dilly Dilly. whufc_crest
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:01 am

I at least think we should try and play at least one entertaining game this season , so have picked this one ! Just think we should go out there and have some fun , dont want to see Moyes putting 10 behind the ball with , Zabs/ Masuaku as WB's , just isnt going to work . So why not try and play them at their own game , they wont expect that , not that it will make much difference , but you never know ! How is it we dont actually have any wingers with pace ?
startingeleven.jpg
startingeleven.jpg (40.42 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:11 am

Clayton wrote:I at least think we should try and play at least one entertaining game this season , so have picked this one ! Just think we should go out there and have some fun , dont want to see Moyes putting 10 behind the ball with , Zabs/ Masuaku as WB's , just isnt going to work . So why not try and play them at their own game , they wont expect that , not that it will make much difference , but you never know ! How is it we dont actually have any wingers with pace ?

startingeleven.jpg
I think the game will be entertaining enough for those that enjoy good football. Unfortunately I think the good football will be played, as it has been all season, by City.

I do like your idea of playing Rice in midfield. Imo that is a more natural position for someone with his attributes, particularly in the English game which, outside the top clubs, mainly consistes of defenders giving it the old heave ho. He's better than that imo. Plus he's the only fit midfield player on our books with any chance at all of looking as if he deserves to be on the same pitch as De Bruyne and David Silva.

Not sure about playing Holland. Wouldn't do his confidence any good being on the pitch with no ball to play with. But from the little I've seen of him he's the only one of the Under 23 squad who I think might make an impression if he did get into the first team. The Leicester game might be a good oppo to throw him in.

Unfortunately I predict a bloodbath. 1-5.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:19 am

Adrian

Zabby
Coyote
Oggy
Water Cress

Nobled
Rice
Lanzini
Masuaku

Mario/Carroll

Arnie ( free role)
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:04 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Clayton wrote:I at least think we should try and play at least one entertaining game this season , so have picked this one ! Just think we should go out there and have some fun , dont want to see Moyes putting 10 behind the ball with , Zabs/ Masuaku as WB's , just isnt going to work . So why not try and play them at their own game , they wont expect that , not that it will make much difference , but you never know ! How is it we dont actually have any wingers with pace ?

startingeleven.jpg
I think the game will be entertaining enough for those that enjoy good football. Unfortunately I think the good football will be played, as it has been all season, by City.

I do like your idea of playing Rice in midfield. Imo that is a more natural position for someone with his attributes, particularly in the English game which, outside the top clubs, mainly consistes of defenders giving it the old heave ho. He's better than that imo. Plus he's the only fit midfield player on our books with any chance at all of looking as if he deserves to be on the same pitch as De Bruyne and David Silva.

Not sure about playing Holland. Wouldn't do his confidence any good being on the pitch with no ball to play with. But from the little I've seen of him he's the only one of the Under 23 squad who I think might make an impression if he did get into the first team. The Leicester game might be a good oppo to throw him in.

Unfortunately I predict a bloodbath. 1-5.
Thats my prediction as well 1-5
You never know how Holland will react to the challenge , Rice has done well since hes been in the team consistently , Reid/Collins injury and Fonte being sold helped us out heaps . Now he just needs to get his chance in midfield as the ring master , show us what we have been missing for quite some time a quality midfielder . At least with the likes of Lanzini , Rice , Fernandes , Holland and Arnie we should be able to pass the ball around with some pace and give Man City something to think about , and with Hernandez to finish of anything in the box we will have them worried . :roll:
0 x

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:09 am

Ibbyham wrote:After my hope of getting a point against Arsenal quickly vanished in last 8 minutes of the games, I don't expect West Ham to get anything from this game as Man City looking for records so it is a pointless match to watch. Moyes is very stubborn to change formation so no changes there.

Squad:

Adrian

Rice
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Zabaleta
Masuaku
Noble
Kouyate

Lanzini (must start)
Chico
Arnautovic

That`s the XI he should have played against Stoke,not sure about City though?
0 x

Social Media