Calleri - it's all okay....

Chat about anything football related here!
Ironworksfc

Re: Calleri - it's all okay....

Post by Ironworksfc » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:43 pm

If he does the business for us and scores loads of goals, then great. He will help grow the club.

Will be a shame if we can't keep him, but so be it.
0 x

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:16 am

Don't see it being a big deal.
He's a top player who wants to dip his toe in the water to see if it's too hot or cold.

If he loves it and feels loved he may well want to stay.
That said I'm sceptical and very disliking of the contractual methods that are allowed in South America and part of me thinks we shouldn't aid and abet the system.
But then where is top-level football's place on the World Map of morality?......... somewhere in the Antarctic region I would say.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:00 am

ToneLoc wrote:Don't see it being a big deal.
He's a top player who wants to dip his toe in the water to see if it's too hot or cold.

If he loves it and feels loved he may well want to stay.
That said I'm sceptical and very disliking of the contractual methods that are allowed in South America and part of me thinks we shouldn't aid and abet the system.
But then where is top-level football's place on the World Map of morality?......... somewhere in the Antarctic region I would say.
I totally agree . He may do so well and love it here so much that he wants to stay .

AND our owners MAY decide that he's worth and obscene amount of money to keep him.

Okay if he does as well as I think he might then the Barcas of this world will be sniffing around but we will have first crack at him if he does the biz and we keep him happy.

The ball will be in our court .
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Social Media