Weekend's other games thread

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Weekend's other games thread

Post by ToneLoc » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:52 am

Didn't get a chance to see any football yesterday but was there anything of note?
It all seemed a bit run of the mill reading about it.
Hull's defeat of Leicester seemed to be the biggest surprise.

Just watching MOTD on iPlayer. Has Lineker has lippo do you think?
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Castiron

Re: Weekend's other games thread

Post by Castiron » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:13 pm

The Mancs get lucky and go one up against Bournemouth, who have played very well up to now. Fuck off Mourihno your team are shit.
0 x

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:17 pm

Castiron wrote:The Mancs get lucky and go one up against Bournemouth, who have played very well up to now. Fuck off Mourihno your team are shit.
With us playing in away on Thursday, I do worry Bournemouth might be party poopers next weekend. Against Juve we looked like scoring every time they countered (friendly I know but still) and that would suit this lot to a T.

Hopefully that goal will inject some entertainment in the second half. Had money on Afobe FGS so will probably put it on him again soon as he is on. Have to say I was surprised at the starting XIs today.
0 x

Porterman

Post by Porterman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Think Man U already have the look of " Jose's Grinders" about them AND WILL BE VERY HARD TO BEAT this season!!

They look as if the won't concede very much and will always have the firepower to score.

Think they are setting their stall out.
0 x

Porterman

Post by Porterman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:54 pm

Fuck!!!

Had them to win 2-0 on my patent ( actually thought about 0-4)!!

That is a team that has turned a lot of corners and very quickly.

Every new player ( and the returning Luke Shaw) seem to have settled quickly.

Think their odds will tumble after today!!
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:02 pm

This is looking a little too easy now. Zlatan has just made it 0-3 - it was his turn - firing a 25 yard ground skidder beyond Boruc who didn't cover himself in glory.

Five minutes earlier,Martial had hit a wild shot that hit Rooney's bonce and flew into the net. The first goal was a gifted undercooked pass that Mata controlled and then via six lucky ricochets stroked into the empty net.

Bournemouths piss and vinegar fizz has completely evaporated - BLOODY NORAH they have just scored ! and a proper goal as well...come on you cherries
0 x

Castiron

Post by Castiron » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:16 pm

I thought they looked very average and lots of long balls. Very 19th century. If Bournemouth hadn't fucked up with the first goal, I think we could have had a different outcome.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:33 pm

And that was basically that. Man U are top,Bournemouth rock bottom,Zlatan on the score sheet and Mata substituted second half.

Jose has just shown Louis Van Gaal how to play Bournemouth in your opening fixture...as if he cares anymore
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:54 pm

I thought that was a decent game tbf.

I'm looking forward to this next one though and expect Mane to cause havoc against that Arsenal defence
0 x

Porterman

Post by Porterman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:01 pm

Gonzo wrote:I thought that was a decent game tbf.

I'm looking forward to this next one though and expect Mane to cause havoc against that Arsenal defence
Thought they were very good against Barca last week mate and think they will be entertaining and go for it in most games.

Arsenal will probably be " pleasing on the eye" and have 3,257,429 passes on the edge of every opposition's box before conceding silly goals at the back to lack of pace there and an ability to sign defenders who can tackle!!!
0 x

Social Media