Mario Husillos - Our Most Important Signing Of The Summer?

Chat about anything football related here!
FlatCapDave

Mario Husillos - Our Most Important Signing Of The Summer?

Postby FlatCapDave » Tue May 29, 2018 10:02 am

Well, despite early reports that Sullivan was pushing for Eduardo Macia as a candidate for the DoF role, it looks as though Pellegrini will be getting his man after all, and rightfully so.

Appointing a DoF that Pellegrini doesn't want would have been the worst way possible to start his time at the club, and would have set the tone from here on out in my opinion.

So, who is this Mario Husillos fella?

The first thing I'd say is to discount his most recent time at Malaga, which ran from November of last year until now, as the club have essentially been a basket case for the past few years under the ownership of Sheik Abdullah Al Thani.

This geezer is the classic example of why having an oil-rich berk take charge doesn't always result in good times.

He took over the club with big plans, one of which included being given permission to build hotels and all sorts of tourist attractions on the Costa Del Sol.

When the Spanish Government told him that no, he wouldn't be allowed to circumvent various tax rules simply because he had cash and was a Billy Big Bollocks in his home country of Qatar he took the huff, withdrew his plans and also withdrew his spending from the football club in response.

Since that time Malaga have been on a steady decline, losing their best players to clubs like Watford.

So, when Husillos returned to the club in November it was already a lost cause. They were as good as relegated, and the eight players that Husillos brought in were a disaster, but not really of his doing.

There was at least two players that he identified as being worth buying, and after negotiating terms with them the owner simply never returned Husillos calls and the deals never happened.

Best to look at what he did with Malaga during Pellegrini's time there, which saw him responsible for helping identify and sign the likes of Isco, Nacho Monreal, Juanmi, Joaquin, Jesus Gamez and Jeremy Toulalan.

Many of those players ended up moving on for big profits.

Another thing Husillos favours is the progression of academy players, and he did that at Malaga as well.

Basically, we're probably going to hear a lot about how Husillos was to blame for Malaga's failure to stay up this season, but don't buy into the bollocks.

The Sheik and his people are blaming Husillos because it's the easy option. He publicly asked the Sheik to refrain from commenting on football matters, which the oil man agreed to do, before continuing to undermine Husillos by commenting on Twitter from Qatar, where he has been for the past few years.

This undermining, along with Husillos first-choice for manager being publicly described as "not good enough" by Al-Thani, again via Twitter, was enough for Husillos to inform the club lawyer that he was leaving due to impossible working conditions.

It says something about the fella though that despite all the shite he had to put up with, he stayed on until the club could accommodate him leaving and didn't want to leave them high & dry.

So, let's hope that Sully and his pals stay well clear of Twitter this season!
5 x

palerider

Re: Mario Husillos - Our Most Important Signing Of The Summer?

Postby palerider » Tue May 29, 2018 10:10 am

I've never heard of him, but then again I don't follow European football.

But an excellent summing-up.

I suspect though that asking El Enano to keep his gob shut will be like asking Diane Abbot to stop making a cunt of herself.
1 x
It's not the principle. It's the money.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue May 29, 2018 10:12 am

Pellegrini obviously rates him. And imo fuck all else matters.

As a long time critic of the dwarf I will give the short arsed little sod the credit for appointing Pellegrini, the highest profile manager West Ham have ever employed. And having employed a top manager he has to be allowed to manage. And that means making his own appointments.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Mikeveep

Postby Mikeveep » Tue May 29, 2018 10:14 am

Great info.Dave... I hope our owners have your insight.
1 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Tue May 29, 2018 11:09 am

I reckon this a must that the manager and DOF know each other and read from the same hymn sheet,this is why the board had to give in.Good start to the thread by flat cap,Husillos will come under attack from the journos before he starts.COYI
1 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue May 29, 2018 11:21 am

Cheers Dave....very informative... :D

Should give the Manager what he wants......end of....should have all been agreed,before he signed
for us anyway....

Why oh Why are we always Fuckin around with stuff......Never straight forward is it..... :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Tue May 29, 2018 12:04 pm

I get this nagging feeling that if Sully wanted Macia because he believed he'd be "neutral", he's already looking at the transfer situation as a "him vs Pellegrini" situation, which isn't ideal.

Surely he'd want whoever his manager feels most comfortable working with, rather than worrying if the guy won't "take his side" in any disagreements?

Sounds quite adversarial to me.

I want to stay positive, but I reckon if things don't hit the ground running we'll see some well-placed articles in the media portraying Husillos as a bad choice, and that we should have went for Sully's man in Macia.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Tue May 29, 2018 1:42 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:Well, despite early reports that Sullivan was pushing for Eduardo Macia as a candidate for the DoF role, it looks as though Pellegrini will be getting his man after all, and rightfully so.

Appointing a DoF that Pellegrini doesn't want would have been the worst way possible to start his time at the club, and would have set the tone from here on out in my opinion.

The first thing I'd say is to discount his most recent time at Malaga, which ran from November of last year until now, as the club have essentially been a basket case for the past few years under the ownership of Sheik Abdullah Al Thani.

This geezer is the classic example of why having an oil-rich berk take charge doesn't always result in good times.

He took over the club with big plans, one of which included being given permission to build hotels and all sorts of tourist attractions on the Costa Del Sol.

When the Spanish Government told him that no, he wouldn't be allowed to circumvent various tax rules simply because he had cash and was a Billy Big Bollocks in his home country of Qatar he took the huff, withdrew his plans and also withdrew his spending from the football club in response.

Since that time Malaga have been on a steady decline, losing their best players to clubs like Watford.

So, when Husillos returned to the club in November it was already a lost cause. They were as good as relegated, and the eight players that Husillos brought in were a disaster, but not really of his doing.

There was at least two players that he identified as being worth buying, and after negotiating terms with them the owner simply never returned Husillos calls and the deals never happened.

Best to look at what he did with Malaga during Pellegrini's time there, which saw him responsible for helping identify and sign the likes of Isco, Nacho Monreal, Juanmi, Joaquin, Jesus Gamez and Jeremy Toulalan.

Another thing Husillos favours is the progression of academy players, and he did that at Malaga as well.

Basically, we're probably going to hear a lot about how Husillos was to blame for Malaga's failure to stay up this season, but don't buy into the bollocks.

The Sheik and his people are blaming Husillos because it's the easy option. He publicly asked the Sheik to refrain from commenting on football matters, which the oil man agreed to do, before continuing to undermine Husillos by commenting on Twitter from Qatar, where he has been for the past few years.

This undermining, along with Husillos first-choice for manager being publicly described as "not good enough" by Al-Thani, again via Twitter, was enough for Husillos to inform the club lawyer that he was leaving due to impossible working conditions.

It says something about the fella though that despite all the shite he had to put up with, he stayed on until the club could accommodate him leaving and didn't want to leave them high & dry.

We'll I didn't know any of that.

Appreciate the info mate a nicely put too.
1 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Tue May 29, 2018 1:44 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:I get this nagging feeling that if Sully wanted Macia because he believed he'd be "neutral", he's already looking at the transfer situation as a "him vs Pellegrini" situation, which isn't ideal.

Surely he'd want whoever his manager feels most comfortable working with, rather than worrying if the guy won't "take his side" in any disagreements?

Sounds quite adversarial to me.

I want to stay positive, but I reckon if things don't hit the ground running we'll see some well-placed articles in the media portraying Husillos as a bad choice, and that we should have went for Sully's man in Macia.

Surely not! What ever could you be suggesting? :i am genuinely amused:
1 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Tue May 29, 2018 2:08 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:Well, despite early reports that Sullivan was pushing for Eduardo Macia as a candidate for the DoF role, it looks as though Pellegrini will be getting his man after all, and rightfully so.

Very nice summary Dave goodpost:)
Flat cap doffed !
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Return to “Football Talk”