Mario Husillos - Our Most Important Signing Of The Summer?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Mario Husillos - Our Most Important Signing Of The Summer?

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:13 am

Hildreth_1101 wrote:Whatever the Malaga fans say about him it can't be worse than Sullivan, least out DoF won't be announcing links on twitter and ruining transfers.
A mate of mine, now living in Calahonda, about 20 minutes from Malaga has been a ST holder at La Rosaleda since moving out to Spain 7 years ago and apparently Husillos didn't get the support of the owner so neither he nor the coach are thought too badly of by the majority of Malagistas. And they still think very fondly of their Champions League run under Pellegrini.
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:36 am

Neville Bartos wrote:From FWH...

What is certain is that it is still Sullivan pulling the transfer strings. Was the appointment of Mario Husillos as the new director of football simply a political one to shield the under-fire co-owner from further fan criticism? It appears that way, with anecdotal reports revealing that it was Sullivan spearheading the deals for Issa Diop, Ryan Fredericks and Lukasz Fabianski – the three signings already in the bag – as well as the on-off transfer of Anderson. Will he cede control to Pellegrini and Husillos over the next six weeks? Don’t bet on it.

Sigh...
To be honest with you mate, fuck "reports."

What do we actually know, that's the question?

We know that Pellegrini is on top dollar at the club, and that throughout his history as a manager he's shown that he's not one for being mugged off. The only time he's admitted to not being in control was at Madrid, and lets face it, no one is ever in control there.

"Reports" told us that there was no way we'd pay the kind of money it would take to get him. We did.

We also know that Pellegrini wanted Husillos. He's worked with him before successfully.

"Reports" told us that Sully wasn't keen and wanted someone neutral and all that jazz. We got the guy Pellegrini wanted.

"Reports" told us that Husillos wouldn't get the DoF title, and would be handed a head scout role or some other bollocks. He got the DoF title.

So, if Pellegrini has come in, been paid what he wanted, handed a decent chunk of change to spend, and given his choice as DoF, and somehow Sully manages to negate all that and still be in sole control of transfers, then sorry, but that's on the manager for allowing himself to get fucked over.

To be honest, I think "reports" are out to make the board look as bad as possible, and to make Pellegrini look like a mug.

There's not even been a fucking ball kicked yet and we've went from Moyes and Joe Hart to Manuel Pellegrini, signing transfer-record breaking French wonderkids and looking as though we're ready to break that record again for a £35 million Brazilian from Italy, and we're still getting negative press.

Honestly, fuck the lot of them. The board, the manager, none of them have put a foot wrong this summer and I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt over "reports" that are mostly bollocks.

These "reports" are coming from a media who have taken the hump because West Ham aren't providing them with their easy copy these days. They're wondering where the easy stories of Twitter leaks and teenage sons of owners announcing who we're after have went.

Whisper it, but we're looking a lot like an actual professional football club. And I like it.
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:50 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:

What is certain is that it is still Sullivan pulling the transfer strings. Was the appointment of Mario Husillos as the new director of football simply a political one to shield the under-fire co-owner from further fan criticism? It appears that way, with anecdotal reports revealing that it was Sullivan spearheading the deals for Issa Diop, Ryan Fredericks and Lukasz Fabianski – the three signings already in the bag – as well as the on-off transfer of Anderson. Will he cede control to Pellegrini and Husillos over the next six weeks? Don’t bet on it.

Sigh...

We know that Pellegrini is on top dollar at the club, and that throughout his history as a manager he's shown that he's not one for being mugged off. The only time he's admitted to not being in control was at Madrid, and lets face it, no one is ever in control there.

"Reports" told us that there was no way we'd pay the kind of money it would take to get him. We did.

We also know that Pellegrini wanted Husillos. He's worked with him before successfully.

"Reports" told us that Sully wasn't keen and wanted someone neutral and all that jazz. We got the guy Pellegrini wanted.

"Reports" told us that Husillos wouldn't get the DoF title, and would be handed a head scout role or some other bollocks. He got the DoF title.

So, if Pellegrini has come in, been paid what he wanted, handed a decent chunk of change to spend, and given his choice as DoF, and somehow Sully manages to negate all that and still be in sole control of transfers, then sorry, but that's on the manager for allowing himself to get fucked over.

To be honest, I think "reports" are out to make the board look as bad as possible, and to make Pellegrini look like a mug.

There's not even been a fucking ball kicked yet and we've went from Moyes and Joe Hart to Manuel Pellegrini, signing transfer-record breaking French wonderkids and looking as though we're ready to break that record again for a £35 million Brazilian from Italy, and we're still getting negative press.

Honestly, fuck the lot of them. The board, the manager, none of them have put a foot wrong this summer and I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt over "reports" that are mostly bollocks.

These "reports" are coming from a media who have taken the hump because West Ham aren't providing them with their easy copy these days. They're wondering where the easy stories of Twitter leaks and teenage sons of owners announcing who we're after have went.

Whisper it, but we're looking a lot like an actual professional football club. And I like it.
goodpost:)

I dont think "reports" is an ITK that's for sure :lol:
0 x
Watchout for Spongebob

Baddowhammer

Post by Baddowhammer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:01 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:

Sigh...

goodpost:) Absolutely spot on FCD. COYI
0 x

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:59 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:

Sigh...

Come on mate, if we didn't have 'reports', insiders, itks, and gossip, we'd have fuck all to argue about on here.

As for your other comments, I'd say each to their own in passing judgement.
Sullivan has a well documented history of lying and running football clubs badly. So whether you want to slate him or not, there's a valid enough argument to be made either way.
Time will tell.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:18 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
FlatCapDave wrote:

Come on mate, if we didn't have 'reports', insiders, itks, and gossip, we'd have fuck all to argue about on here.

As for your other comments, I'd say each to their own in passing judgement.
Sullivan has a well documented history of lying and running football clubs badly. So whether you want to slate him or not, there's a valid enough argument to be made either way.
Time will tell.
I am inclined to agree with Neville. To give the dwarf any credit simply because we look like a professional football club
which, let's face it, we bloody well should because that's what we are, is a bit like saying That Donald Nielsen's alright really he hasn't killed anyone for such a long time.

And professional organisations tend to respond to correspondence, not ignore it. The bloke is, was and always will be a cunt. I will not be happy until he has fucked off or died.

That's the dwarf btw, not you Neville. ;)
0 x
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:38 am

Whiskyman wrote: I am inclined to agree with Neville. To give the dwarf any credit simply because we look like a professional football club
which, let's face it, we bloody well should because that's what we are, is a bit like saying That Donald Nielsen's alright really he hasn't killed anyone for such a long time.

And professional organisations tend to respond to correspondence, not ignore it. The bloke is, was and always will be a cunt. I will not be happy until he has fucked off or died.

Well, I guess that's where we'll have to disagree. My animosity towards the board and Sullivan in particular is purely based on his running of our club, nothing more.

When he fucks up I'll slate him, but by the same token when he gets it right I'm a big enough man to give him credit.

Thus far he's brought in a top notch manager on top dollar when most assumed we'd end up with Moyes or some other shite, and he's backed said manager with some coin and his choice of Director of Football. All promises made on that front have been kept thus far.

We've signed an exciting player on a free, and a 21 year old Frenchman who looks the fucking business for a club-record fee.

Chuck in a goalkeeper who's spent time in Russia with his national squad and I'd say we've done pretty well to this point.

I don't give a fuck about "in the know" cunts who post shite looking for Twitter followers or clicks on their websites, I care about what's actually happening.

Come the first day of the season I'll look at who's signed, and who's left, and I'll pass judgement then. After that my expectations and judgement passes from the board to the men in the dugout and on the park, who'll be judged on the football they serve up.

If Sullivan and the board continue as they have so far this summer they'll get credit from me on a job well done.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:30 am

FlatCapDave wrote:
Whiskyman wrote: I am inclined to agree with Neville. To give the dwarf any credit simply because we look like a professional football club

Well, I guess that's where we'll have to disagree. My animosity towards the board and Sullivan in particular is purely based on his running of our club, nothing more.

When he fucks up I'll slate him, but by the same token when he gets it right I'm a big enough man to give him credit.

Thus far he's brought in a top notch manager on top dollar when most assumed we'd end up with Moyes or some other shite, and he's backed said manager with some coin and his choice of Director of Football. All promises made on that front have been kept thus far.

We've signed an exciting player on a free, and a 21 year old Frenchman who looks the fucking business for a club-record fee.

Chuck in a goalkeeper who's spent time in Russia with his national squad and I'd say we've done pretty well to this point.

I don't give a fuck about "in the know" cunts who post shite looking for Twitter followers or clicks on their websites, I care about what's actually happening.

Come the first day of the season I'll look at who's signed, and who's left, and I'll pass judgement then. After that my expectations and judgement passes from the board to the men in the dugout and on the park, who'll be judged on the football they serve up.

If Sullivan and the board continue as they have so far this summer they'll get credit from me on a job well done.
We can at least agree on the ITK cunts. ;)
0 x

FlatCapDave

Post by FlatCapDave » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:58 am

Whiskyman wrote: We can at least agree on the ITK cunts. ;)
And I'm being positive about Sully for the moment. It likely won't last :lol:
0 x

Social Media