Net Spend When Transfer Window Closes

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: £15 Million Net Spend

Postby h69 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:Probably because we all like a good crunching tackle....

Do we ? Where does that fit in to the "West Ham Way" flowing football philosophy ?

I loved Bonzo's approach to the game. I detested Dicks. I'll leave you to work out why.

I liked Julian Dicks. Sure, he had a short fuse (and he was not alone) and did some daft things but so did Paolo di Canio and I liked him also and I also love a crunching tackle myself. Dicks had a rocket of a shot, scored some memorable goals (50 in nearly 250 appearances) and as a West Ham player he was completely committed. As I have said before, I want players prepared to give their all when they play and I will condemn them if they are sent off but when they are on the pitch I want 100% commitment. I can excuse 3 or 4 reds if they play like he did.
1 x

andyginbrasil

Re: £15 Million Net Spend

Postby andyginbrasil » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Do we ? Where does that fit in to the "West Ham Way" flowing football philosophy ?

I loved Bonzo's approach to the game. I detested Dicks. I'll leave you to work out why.

I liked Julian Dicks. Sure, he had a short fuse (and he was not alone) and did some daft things but so did Paolo di Canio and I liked him also and I also love a crunching tackle myself. Dicks had a rocket of a shot, scored some memorable goals (50 in nearly 250 appearances) and as a West Ham player he was completely committed. As I have said before, I want players prepared to give their all when they play and I will condemn them if they are sent off but when they are on the pitch I want 100% commitment. I can excuse 3 or 4 reds if they play like he did.

Well said H....
0 x

Net Spend When Transfer Window Closes

Postby 3232 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:59 am

I say £15 million.

Your guess?
0 x

thomasswe

Re: Net Spend When Transfer Window Closes

Postby thomasswe » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:07 am

does it matter? in the end its about if the quality of the squad has improved enough.

actually next season is a lot about the current squad improving.
1 x

eskimo joe

Re: Net Spend When Transfer Window Closes

Postby eskimo joe » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:20 am

Couldnt care less if the nett spend was only 50p. As above said , if we improve the squad thats the important issue. The issue has never really been nett spend thats just been used to highlight Sullivans faults, of which there are many.

But to humour you i will guess at 28 mil.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Return to “Football Talk”