£15 Million Net Spend

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: £15 Million Net Spend

Postby h69 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:Probably because we all like a good crunching tackle....

Do we ? Where does that fit in to the "West Ham Way" flowing football philosophy ?

I loved Bonzo's approach to the game. I detested Dicks. I'll leave you to work out why.

I liked Julian Dicks. Sure, he had a short fuse (and he was not alone) and did some daft things but so did Paolo di Canio and I liked him also and I also love a crunching tackle myself. Dicks had a rocket of a shot, scored some memorable goals (50 in nearly 250 appearances) and as a West Ham player he was completely committed. As I have said before, I want players prepared to give their all when they play and I will condemn them if they are sent off but when they are on the pitch I want 100% commitment. I can excuse 3 or 4 reds if they play like he did.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Re: £15 Million Net Spend

Postby andyginbrasil » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:52 pm

h69 wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Do we ? Where does that fit in to the "West Ham Way" flowing football philosophy ?

I loved Bonzo's approach to the game. I detested Dicks. I'll leave you to work out why.

I liked Julian Dicks. Sure, he had a short fuse (and he was not alone) and did some daft things but so did Paolo di Canio and I liked him also and I also love a crunching tackle myself. Dicks had a rocket of a shot, scored some memorable goals (50 in nearly 250 appearances) and as a West Ham player he was completely committed. As I have said before, I want players prepared to give their all when they play and I will condemn them if they are sent off but when they are on the pitch I want 100% commitment. I can excuse 3 or 4 reds if they play like he did.

Well said H....
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”