£15 Million Net Spend

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: £15 Million Net Spend

Postby ToneLoc » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:34 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:Only by the the anti doping team........... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

Thing is, I know plenty of druggies who love their coke. None of them can do what he did on a football field.

I know it's hard for some to accept, but he was a fucking class player in his prime.

The best I've seen in my lifetime.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:10 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:Only by the the anti doping team........... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

Thing is, I know plenty of druggies who love their coke. None of them can do what he did on a football field.

I know it's hard for some to accept, but he was a fucking class player in his prime.

The best i have seen and i rate Messi just behind.Never seen anyone run at the speed he did with the ball and go past players with the ball still stuck to his foot. Knowing him though he might have put a lump of bostik glue on his laces. Joking aside the prick was amazing.
Messi is the best goal scorer out the 2 by a mile. But Donna Kebab had feet like a ballet dancer.
Shame he had to cheat in that game because that was the talking point after and still today. We should still be talking about how he danced around 7 players and passed the ball into the net.
1 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:04 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
h69 wrote:Amazing what coke can do

And a shitload of talent. He was a questionable character, but on the park in his prime he was something else.

Even more amazing when you consider that he did what he did during an era when defenders were allowed to kick fuck out of the opposition with little repercussions. Imagine him today playing with the protection that the likes of Messi enjoys? Fuck me, he'd be unstoppable.

IMO,The greatest ever footballer the world has ever seen.

He helped take an unfasionable Napoli to 2 titles in a row(when Italy at the time was the best League in world Football) and won Argentina the World Cup virtually on his own.Has you say,they were the days,when you could just boot a player in the air and get away with a yellow at worst.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:11 am

I never saw Maradona play and I've not seen Messi.

Probably Ronaldo or Ruud Gullit for me but Le Tissier's skill level was above anything I've seen and watching him warm-up was something special.

My favourite TV player was Ronaldinho by some considerable distance.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:38 am

Pele
1 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:02 am

Ruud Gullit.........Could have got in any side in any position,left back to Centre Forward..
Perfect total footballer.....
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:56 am

FlatCapDave wrote:

I never doubted he had bags of talent but cant give the bloke the time of day given he repeatedly cheated.
In fact, the fact he had all that talent and cheated makes it a lot worse IMO
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:58 am

Newmarket wrote:Pele

Yes....for me Pele as well.

Best player I ever saw playing live was probably Marco van Basten even though I have seen Messi, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo a few times each.
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 am

Pele a great player, for me the beacon for all who came after. He might not in todays terms be seen as a great player but he was then and a standard for many who followed to reach and exceed. An inspiration so to speak.
1 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:38 am

Gonzo wrote:I never saw Maradona play and I've not seen Messi.

Probably Ronaldo or Ruud Gullit for me but Le Tissier's skill level was above anything I've seen and watching him warm-up was something special.

My favourite TV player was Ronaldinho by some considerable distance.

Le Tissier what a player.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”