T V Football-Value For Money Or Not ?

Chat about anything football related here!

TV Sport Packages. VFM or Not ?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:01 am

Yes, they are good value for money.
46%
No, I'd rather spend the 35 sovs elsewhere
54%

Total votes: 13

Whiskyman

T V Football-Value For Money Or Not ?

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:01 am

I'm interested what others think about whether Sky/BT provide vfm. For me they do. Quite simply if I thought otherwise I'd bin it.

I pay about 35 sovs (to Virgin) for the sports package and for that I get access to all the PL stuff, La Liga and assorted other games live if I want them plus highlights from various other leagues. Obviously in summer if I have difficulty sleeping I can also watch cricket. ;) IThere's also golf and assorted other sports like F1. So for me it's definitely value for money but let's see what others reckon.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Newmarket

Re: T V Football-Value For Money Or Not ?

Postby Newmarket » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:17 am

I just recently binned sky as my bill was 70 something quid a month WITHOUT the sport & movie packages .
It’s just too much for me I’m afraid .

Android tv for me . It’s not without its problems but I can watch any game I like anywhere in the world most of the time .
3 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Postby 3232 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:26 am

:twisted:
Newmarket wrote:I just recently binned sky as my bill was 70 something quid a month WITHOUT the sport & movie packages .

Android tv for me . It’s not without its problems but I can watch any game I like anywhere in the world most of the time .

Is android tv a Lodi box?
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:33 am

3232 wrote::twisted:
Newmarket wrote:I just recently binned sky as my bill was 70 something quid a month WITHOUT the sport & movie packages .

Is android tv a Lodi box?

Kodi yes ;)
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

Whiskyman wrote:I'm interested what others think about whether Sky/BT provide vfm. For me they do. Quite simply if I thought otherwise I'd bin it.

I pay about 35 sovs (to Virgin) for the sports package and for that I get access to all the PL stuff, La Liga and assorted other games live if I want them plus highlights from various other leagues. Obviously in summer if I have difficulty sleeping I can also watch cricket. ;) IThere's also golf and assorted other sports like F1. So for me it's definitely value for money but let's see what others reckon.

Is that Sky and BT ?
And can you get that without having to pay for other premiums first?
What's the package called because I have Virgin and pay a lot more than that and don't have a whiff of Sky.
1 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:55 am

Not for me, Murdoch is a bigger cunt than the dwarf. :oops:

I will stick to my online sub of £3.50 a month and Kodi/Internet Search as plan B. Worked well for the last 10 years or more. :D
1 x

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 am

I have Sky but not BT. But my Sky bill kept going up and up so after many years as a customer I decided to end it. But after talking to them at length they not only reduced my bill by £20 a month but gave me back the documentary channels that I previously had but binned to reduce the cost. Unbelievable.

So at the moment it's worth it. But that could change.
0 x

Alfiehammer

Postby Alfiehammer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:18 am

Think I pay £29.99 a month for the sports package on now tv. Sometimes they offer half price for three months in August. That, match of the day and my season ticket does me.
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:59 am

I have BT and Sky Sports,but am not over the moon on the price,but if you want to see the football,they are a must.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:27 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:I'm interested what others think about whether Sky/BT provide vfm. For me they do. Quite simply if I thought otherwise I'd bin it.

Is that Sky and BT ?
And can you get that without having to pay for other premiums first?
What's the package called because I have Virgin and pay a lot more than that and don't have a whiff of Sky.

Package is called Full House (used to be XL). It costs me 99.75 a month and this includes a discount for having all 3 services (Broadband, phone line & TV). I get All Sky Sports Channels and All BT channels. I do NOT get Movies or Disney Channels. My Broadband is 350 KBPS and the TV service includes a 7.00 surcharge for HD.

That said my youngest recently binned Sky (he switches every year or so to get the new or returning customer deals) and he's getting the same service as me, from Virgin, for around 75,00 as an introductory offer.

Hope that helps.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Return to “Football Talk”