T V Football-Value For Money Or Not ?

Chat about anything football related here!

TV Sport Packages. VFM or Not ?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:01 am

Yes, they are good value for money.
46%
No, I'd rather spend the 35 sovs elsewhere
54%

Total votes: 13

ToneLoc

Re: T V Football-Value For Money Or Not ?

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:30 am

Whiskyman wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Is that Sky and BT ?
And can you get that without having to pay for other premiums first?
What's the package called because I have Virgin and pay a lot more than that and don't have a whiff of Sky.

Package is called Full House (used to be XL). It costs me 99.75 a month and this includes a discount for having all 3 services (Broadband, phone line & TV). I get All Sky Sports Channels and All BT channels. I do NOT get Movies or Disney Channels. My Broadband is 350 KBPS and the TV service includes a 7.00 surcharge for HD.

That said my youngest recently binned Sky (he switches every year or so to get the new or returning customer deals) and he's getting the same service as me, from Virgin, for around 75,00 as an introductory offer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks mate.
I'll get on the phone to them because I'm paying almost that per month myself and don't have SkySports channels.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:32 am

Newmarket wrote:I just recently binned sky as my bill was 70 something quid a month WITHOUT the sport & movie packages .
It’s just too much for me I’m afraid .

Android tv for me . It’s not without its problems but I can watch any game I like anywhere in the world most of the time .

Can I ask what VPN provider you use ? I watch our games with a Russian commentary (Kodi-Sports Devil) but the English speaking streams seem to be blocked by my ISP. I put up with the Russian because I've heard, rightly or wrongly, the decent VPN's are ongoing subscription orders and I never use those bloody things.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:34 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Package is called Full House (used to be XL). It costs me 99.75 a month and this includes a discount for having all 3 services (Broadband, phone line & TV). I get All Sky Sports Channels and All BT channels. I do NOT get Movies or Disney Channels. My Broadband is 350 KBPS and the TV service includes a 7.00 surcharge for HD.

That said my youngest recently binned Sky (he switches every year or so to get the new or returning customer deals) and he's getting the same service as me, from Virgin, for around 75,00 as an introductory offer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks mate.
I'll get on the phone to them because I'm paying almost that per month myself and don't have SkySports channels.

I'm sure I'm teaching you to suck eggs Tone but tell them you are going to leave because you can get a far better price from Sky. Which I think is true for new customers as it happens.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:38 am

terrya1965 wrote:I have BT and Sky Sports,but am not over the moon on the price,but if you want to see the football,they are a must.

Mrs W will disagree with me Terry but in my experience the live football is about the only programme on TV that isn't a fucking repeat.
2 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:54 am

Whiskyman wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Thanks mate.

I'm sure I'm teaching you to suck eggs Tone but tell them you are going to leave because you can get a far better price from Sky. Which I think is true for new customers as it happens.

You're not Whisk.
I'm as naive as fuck when it comes to negotiating a good deal.
As such I will take up your advice and do just that.
Knowing my luck they'll tell me to fuck off and cut my connection :lol:
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:58 am

ToneLoc wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

You're not Whisk.
Knowing my luck they'll tell me to fuck off and cut my connection :i am genuinely amused:

Tone, I can promise you they won't. Let us know how it goes mate.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:You're not Whisk.
Knowing my luck they'll tell me to fuck off and cut my connection :i am genuinely amused:

Tone, I can promise you they won't. Let us know how it goes mate.

Will do mate.
Ta !
1 x

hammerwell75

Postby hammerwell75 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I just recently binned sky as my bill was 70 something quid a month WITHOUT the sport & movie packages .
It’s just too much for me I’m afraid .

Android tv for me . It’s not without its problems but I can watch any game I like anywhere in the world most of the time .

Can I ask what VPN provider you use ? I watch our games with a Russian commentary (Kodi-Sports Devil) but the English speaking streams seem to be blocked by my ISP. I put up with the Russian because I've heard, rightly or wrongly, the decent VPN's are ongoing subscription orders and I never use those bloody things.

I used a Android MS8+ box for last 3-4 years , one off payment from Ebay £38 . I've put kodi on it and also a few iptv sites where I got all the sky sports channels , BT sports , the pay per view , as well as bein sports , fox , sports net , etc ànd managed to watch every game of ours as well as others for free aslo had every game with english com. . ( you can get live tv & Movies too ) I use an app called Turbo VPN which is free from the google play store ( worked well and allowed me to pick which country server I use ) and I booked marked a U tuber called Dr squiffy for any newer apps that come out . Ended up adding swift streams and red box tv to which both worked well over the season .

Like you , I have a package with virgin so I got BT sports free anyway and just use it for the normal tv & documentaries.
0 x

only1salty

Postby only1salty » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Amazon have just won the rights to a Premier League package aswell.

So that will be split between

Sky, BT & Amazon to get all the games
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:11 pm

Whiskyman wrote:I'm interested what others think about whether Sky/BT provide vfm. For me they do. Quite simply if I thought otherwise I'd bin it.

I pay about 35 sovs (to Virgin) for the sports package and for that I get access to all the PL stuff, La Liga and assorted other games live if I want them plus highlights from various other leagues. Obviously in summer if I have difficulty sleeping I can also watch cricket. ;) There's also golf and assorted other sports like F1. So for me it's definitely value for money but let's see what others reckon.

Its expensive given my broadband and phone are with Sky and I have all the Sport and Movies and when it escalated in price I called telling them I was going to leave and they cut the price by a 3rd.

To be honest, I use it more for the Movies and especially the box sets.......Sports wise I rarely watch football on TV but I use Sky Sports News a fair bit and have it on in my office when working, I don't like F1 anymore but do enjoy the Ryder Cup on Sky so I would miss it all bigtime.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”