T V Football-Value For Money Or Not ?

Chat about anything football related here!

TV Sport Packages. VFM or Not ?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:01 am

Yes, they are good value for money.
46%
No, I'd rather spend the 35 sovs elsewhere
54%

Total votes: 13

Newmarket

Re: T V Football-Value For Money Or Not ?

Postby Newmarket » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:03 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Newmarket wrote:I just recently binned sky as my bill was 70 something quid a month WITHOUT the sport & movie packages .
It’s just too much for me I’m afraid .

Android tv for me . It’s not without its problems but I can watch any game I like anywhere in the world most of the time .

Can I ask what VPN provider you use ? I watch our games with a Russian commentary (Kodi-Sports Devil) but the English speaking streams seem to be blocked by my ISP. I put up with the Russian because I've heard, rightly or wrongly, the decent VPN's are ongoing subscription orders and I never use those bloody things.

By all means ... I use a company called Privateinternetaccess (all one word) and yes it’s subscription .
I can pay either monthly ($ equivalent of about a fiver a month or about £50 for 13 months .

It’s a pain having to pay but I found the free vpn’s total cack and the quality of my streams have improved 1000% since using one .
I am having problems with Sports Devil though , can never seem to get updates and only a few of the add ons ever seem to work .
So if you , or anybody , can help with THAT I’d appreciate it.

For our games I find Modbro better . Most of our Saturday games are on either NBC (us) or TSN (Canada).
0 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:04 pm

terrya1965 wrote:I have BT and Sky Sports,but am not over the moon on the price,but if you want to see the football,they are a must.

Not any longer as others have shown on here.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:06 pm

Newmarket wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Can I ask what VPN provider you use ? I watch our games with a Russian commentary (Kodi-Sports Devil) but the English speaking streams seem to be blocked by my ISP. I put up with the Russian because I've heard, rightly or wrongly, the decent VPN's are ongoing subscription orders and I never use those bloody things.

By all means ... I use a company called Privateinternetaccess (all one word) and yes it’s subscription .
I can pay either monthly ($ equivalent of about a fiver a month or about £50 for 13 months .

It’s a pain having to pay but I found the free vpn’s total cack and the quality of my streams have improved 1000% since using one .
I am having problems with Sports Devil though , can never seem to get updates and only a few of the add ons ever seem to work .

For our games I find Modbro better . Most of our Saturday games are on either NBC (us) or TSN (Canada).

Thanks for that info. I'm no tech whiz so I don't think I'll be much use with your Sports Devil problems. Might be an idea deleting and re installing it, I was advised to do that with another app a while back and it worked fine. Last time I used Sports Devil was to watch the France v Ireland game and didn't have any problems then.

The price you're paying for your VPN seems par for the course. I've been recommended to use IP Vanish. They charge $10 a month or $78 if you pay for the year. Next season I'll give that a go for a month and if it works I'll pay for a year's service.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:10 pm

TvTap is probably better than Mobdro
0 x

Towie

Postby Towie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:33 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Tone, I can promise you they won't. Let us know how it goes mate.

Will do mate.
Ta !

I can vouch for what Whisley is saying mate.
I ring up and renegotiate every couple years.
Say you can’t afford it anymore and they come up with all sorts of ways to reduce monthly payments.

We have everything sports, movies, kids, and paying roughly £70pm.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Towie wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Will do mate.
Ta !

I can vouch for what Whisley is saying mate.
I ring up and renegotiate every couple years.
Say you can’t afford it anymore and they come up with all sorts of ways to reduce monthly payments.

We have everything sports, movies, kids, and paying roughly £70pm.

Cheers mate.
Will give it a go.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:21 pm

I don`t think its fair now that we have 3 different companies having the rights.

It means we have to fork out 3 times for ONE product.That is wrong IMO.They are not going to drop their prices because some one else has joined in the rights,are they?

Yet again,it`s us Football fans being mugged off again. :(
0 x

hammerwell75

Postby hammerwell75 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:57 am

Newmarket wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Have a look on the comments , seems a few others having problems with this too . It's probably gone offline or you may have to uninstall it then reinstall it with a newer version . There's a guide on installing it in the link , as for the other add ons , I'd try the same or I'd google /Utube the latest working build and install that . A lot of streamers are shutting down or changing their servers regularly to avoid being shut down and a court case against them .

I always found " no limits builds" to be good and kept up to date , plenty of vids on utube about their builds . UK Turks is normally a good add on for bits of everything , sports , live tv, movies etc .

https://www.wirelesshack.org/top-sports ... -kodi.html
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:44 am

terrya1965 wrote:I don`t think its fair now that we have 3 different companies having the rights.

It means we have to fork out 3 times for ONE product.That is wrong IMO.They are not going to drop their prices because some one else has joined in the rights,are they?

Yet again,it`s us Football fans being mugged off again. :(

The thing about the Amazon package is that EVERY game on 2 particular days is going to be available. So if you have the package you can pick which game to watch.

I think that's the way the whole thing will go eventually. They'll show every game, which they do at the moment, just not in this country, and you'll select the one you want to watch.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:24 am

hammerwell75 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:By all means ... I use a company called Privateinternetaccess (all one word) and yes it’s subscription .

Have a look on the comments , seems a few others having problems with this too . It's probably gone offline or you may have to uninstall it then reinstall it with a newer version . There's a guide on installing it in the link , as for the other add ons , I'd try the same or I'd google /Utube the latest working build and install that . A lot of streamers are shutting down or changing their servers regularly to avoid being shut down and a court case against them .

I always found " no limits builds" to be good and kept up to date , plenty of vids on utube about their builds . UK Turks is normally a good add on for bits of everything , sports , live tv, movies etc .

https://www.wirelesshack.org/top-sports ... -kodi.html

Thanks for that info mate I appreciate it . I did install a newer version a few weeks ago (having forgotten to uninstall the previous version , I guess that doesn’t help) but I read on the link that the version from the Supremacy repository works best at the moment so when I get time I’ll give that one a try .
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”