T V Football-Value For Money Or Not ?

Chat about anything football related here!

TV Sport Packages. VFM or Not ?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:01 am

Yes, they are good value for money.
46%
No, I'd rather spend the 35 sovs elsewhere
54%

Total votes: 13

hammerwell75

Re: T V Football-Value For Money Or Not ?

Postby hammerwell75 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:33 am

Newmarket wrote:
hammerwell75 wrote:

Have a look on the comments , seems a few others having problems with this too . It's probably gone offline or you may have to uninstall it then reinstall it with a newer version . There's a guide on installing it in the link , as for the other add ons , I'd try the same or I'd google /Utube the latest working build and install that . A lot of streamers are shutting down or changing their servers regularly to avoid being shut down and a court case against them .

I always found " no limits builds" to be good and kept up to date , plenty of vids on utube about their builds . UK Turks is normally a good add on for bits of everything , sports , live tv, movies etc .

https://www.wirelesshack.org/top-sports ... -kodi.html

Thanks for that info mate I appreciate it . I did install a newer version a few weeks ago (having forgotten to uninstall the previous version , I guess that doesn’t help) but I read on the link that the version from the Supremacy repository works best at the moment so when I get time I’ll give that one a try .

Argh yeah if you haven't uninstalled the first build then you will defo have problems . Do a complete new fresh install and delete the previous ones as they will conflict with each other and cause problems . I know a lot of the big streamers have taken themselves away from it for a while , so you might not be getting the latest updates with them . I give up using kodi and found something called swift stream and another one called red box tv , both run on my android box , pad & phone . Obviously the newer the software on the android stuff the better each runs .

On my Samsung pad I could only run Kodi Jarvis 16 , but on my newer Samsung phone I could have the latest version of Kodi krypton 17.3 which works a treat but only if you dont mind watching on small screen . I did at one time have all 3 running at same time in case 1 buffers :D

every few months I'd do a google search for the latest best working build for that month , a pisser having to keep installing but it gets rid of all your dead add ons and saves time and effort in long run . Hope you get it sorted before the start of our exciting new season anyway mate ;)
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:25 pm

hammerwell75 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:Thanks for that info mate I appreciate it . I did install a newer version a few weeks ago (having forgotten to uninstall the previous version , I guess that doesn’t help) but I read on the link that the version from the Supremacy repository works best at the moment so when I get time I’ll give that one a try .

Argh yeah if you haven't uninstalled the first build then you will defo have problems . Do a complete new fresh install and delete the previous ones as they will conflict with each other and cause problems . I know a lot of the big streamers have taken themselves away from it for a while , so you might not be getting the latest updates with them . I give up using kodi and found something called swift stream and another one called red box tv , both run on my android box , pad & phone . Obviously the newer the software on the android stuff the better each runs .

On my Samsung pad I could only run Kodi Jarvis 16 , but on my newer Samsung phone I could have the latest version of Kodi krypton 17.3 which works a treat but only if you dont mind watching on small screen . I did at one time have all 3 running at same time in case 1 buffers :D

every few months I'd do a google search for the latest best working build for that month , a pisser having to keep installing but it gets rid of all your dead add ons and saves time and effort in long run . Hope you get it sorted before the start of our exciting new season anyway mate ;)

When you say “build” are you just talking about SportsDevil or the whole fuckng shebang ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

hammerwell75

Postby hammerwell75 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:22 pm

Newmarket wrote:
hammerwell75 wrote:

Argh yeah if you haven't uninstalled the first build then you will defo have problems . Do a complete new fresh install and delete the previous ones as they will conflict with each other and cause problems . know a lot of the big streamers have taken themselves away from it for a while , so you might not be getting the latest updates with them . I give up using kodi and found something called swift stream and another one called red box tv , both run on my android box , pad & phone . Obviously the newer the software on the android stuff the better each runs .

When you say “build” are you just talking about SportsDevil or the whole fuckng shebang ?

I'd personally do the whole build every few months , as I say a lot of streamers are just adding / changing say one letter to the link address or constantly changing severs to avoid being shut down , hence the reason you get so many dead links yet other people might still be able to use it . As I said " it's a ball ache " most of the time changing the builds but it will save you time and stress when you need it the most .... Just join a kodi forum and keep an eye on the builds that they put up when you first start having problems , if one build gets high reviews then you can always get it if you want it .

Although many builds will just say " ùpdate build " it will only update the add ons that work on the build anyway , so if say for instance sports devil did go offline or change server address then updating your build wouldn't pick up on it and would only update your old version on that server , leaving you in same position and many links not working .

Imo it's going to get a lot worse in next few months as the wonderful EU want to clamp down on link sharing sites on the internet and thats not just the streaming sites , its any sites that links you to other things / others work . Going to hit the likes of u tube and news sites, etc . I guess its all about a controlled internet ....... :cry:
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:41 pm

hammerwell75 wrote:
Newmarket wrote:

I'd personally do the whole build every few months , as I say a lot of streamers are just adding / changing say one letter to the link address or constantly changing severs to avoid being shut down , hence the reason you get so many dead links yet other people might still be able to use it . As I said " it's a ball ache " most of the time changing the builds but it will save you time and stress when you need it the most .... Just join a kodi forum and keep an eye on the builds that they put up when you first start having problems , if one build gets high reviews then you can always get it if you want it .

Although many builds will just say " ùpdate build " it will only update the add ons that work on the build anyway , so if say for instance sports devil did go offline or change server address then updating your build wouldn't pick up on it and would only update your old version on that server , leaving you in same position and many links not working .

Imo it's going to get a lot worse in next few months as the wonderful EU want to clamp down on link sharing sites on the internet and thats not just the streaming sites , its any sites that links you to other things / others work . Going to hit the likes of u tube and news sites, etc . I guess its all about a controlled internet ....... :cry:

Fuck me that lots gone straight over my head lol

I ain’t got a clue about that stuff , I had to pay someone to do my last one for me ...in April :lol:

Everything is working fine except SportsDevil though I do miss uk Turks which was on my old build ...
0 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:12 pm

I think you are a little confused, The EU is clamping down on hate speech sites and it is this country at the behest of the PL who are trying to control streaming sites.
0 x

hammerwell75

Postby hammerwell75 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Newmarket , here is a link and a guide on how to install an up to date Sports Devil add on and also step by step instructions how to do it. Don't forget to delete your old one first if you decide to do it . Also it's very easy to do yourself .

Shortshanks .

Maybe I have got it wrong as I only had a quick look but the way I read it , it wasn't just about hate speach , it's clamping down on a free internet as we all know it and as I said it's going to effect a lot of different stuff on the web and one of them is sharing links , which is how kodi works . As I said I've not looked into it properly yet but I will do when I have more time too .

I hope your right though and it is just news and hate speach etc , as I'd hate not being able to watch stuff and go about my normal business online .
0 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:34 pm

I think it's all about the PL and Murdoch trying to protect their rip off golden nest egg. They will never be able to control the internet however because as soon as they try to shut a link down it just pops up under another name. Too many whizkids about now thankfully. You might be better switching from Sky and BT broadband however and go to one that hasn't got a vested interest in what you watch.
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:01 pm

hammerwell75 wrote:Newmarket , here is a link and a guide on how to install an up to date Sports Devil add on and also step by step instructions how to do it. Don't forget to delete your old one first if you decide to do it . Also it's very easy to do yourself .

Shortshanks .

Maybe I have got it wrong as I only had a quick look but the way I read it , it wasn't just about hate speach , it's clamping down on a free internet as we all know it and as I said it's going to effect a lot of different stuff on the web and one of them is sharing links , which is how kodi works . As I said I've not looked into it properly yet but I will do when I have more time too .

I hope your right though and it is just news and hate speach etc , as I'd hate not being able to watch stuff and go about my normal business online .

85AE68F3-0472-4B77-83EE-15C1D5DF4262.jpeg
85AE68F3-0472-4B77-83EE-15C1D5DF4262.jpeg (116.64 KiB) Viewed 876 times
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:06 am

In the last four years I've honestly only missed 7 games home and away,I'm a Claret member and go to 5-6 home games a year,the rest I've watched on my laptop linked to my tv,why pay a fortune for other teams and a few West Ham games,when if you know the sites every Hammers game is their live,given some are foreign commentators but for free..?COYI
1 x

Whiskyman

Re: Newmarket (Modbro Related)

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:28 am

Newmarket wrote:
For our games I find Modbro better . Most of our Saturday games are on either NBC (us) or TSN (Canada).

Can I pick your brains again ? I've now installed Modbro and it appears to be a bloody useful App with great access to a load of channels. However the difference between it and Sports Devil seems to be that whereas Sports Devil lists all football matches by available source and you then select the one you want, this facility seems not to be available with Modbro. So my question is do you have to surf through various channels to find the game you want (if it's not on either of the two you mention) or have I been a thick cunt and missed something.? The latter is of course highly probable. Thanks in advance.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Return to “Football Talk”