Pure Greed

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Pure Greed

Postby BlackDiamond » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm

dorsetdano wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about the Dudley Dinosaur! :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

He is interviewed on BBC thursday in a hastily appropriate documentary about lives of great England managers...god help us
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:41 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:£175k a week. That's what Raheem Stirling earns at City. Now he wants more - he wants to be one of City's top earners, which would put him in the £250-280k a week bracket. Now, he's a decent enough footballer but if he thinks for a second he's worth that kind of money, then he needs his fucking head read. Greedy little fuck. City could easily fuck him off and replace him with someone equally as talented for a lot, lot less but they won't, they will buckle and pay the greedy little shit. Shows exactly whats wrong with the game when good footballers can force clubs to pay them world class footballer wages.

He hasnt forced them yet and he wants to be careful or they will do to him what they did to Yaya and just leave him to rot in the reserves,.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:43 pm

The fat Jurassic prick's England starting lineup.
Thank fuck he got the bullet.
https://talksport.com/football/381875/s ... -cup-team/
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:£175k a week. That's what Raheem Stirling earns at City. Now he wants more - he wants to be one of City's top earners, which would put him in the £250-280k a week bracket. Now, he's a decent enough footballer but if he thinks for a second he's worth that kind of money, then he needs his fucking head read. Greedy little fuck. City could easily fuck him off and replace him with someone equally as talented for a lot, lot less but they won't, they will buckle and pay the greedy little shit. Shows exactly whats wrong with the game when good footballers can force clubs to pay them world class footballer wages.

Don't agree. He's not forcing City to pay anything they don't want to. As you said yourself City could easily fuck him off and replace him with someone better. Which they may well decide to do. They aren't short of a few bon after all. ;)
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:A good example of why we shouldn't pay anyone £190k a week as was wanted by Pastore,he's good but not De Bruyne,Aguero,Silva class he's an ungrateful young shit that needs bringing back down to earth.COYI

You don't believe that propaganda, do you? As the days went by Pastore's 'demands' went from £175k to £180k and finished up at a £190k.
Since PSG at no point accepted any offer we might have considered making, how would we have negotiated any kind of wage with the player?
And since our club is happy to offer half a player's transfer value, wouldn't it be safe to assume any initial wage demands would be well above what might be deemed acceptable?

Pastore = spin. No actual interest. Estimated wage demands cited as the reason for not continuing. Classic Sullivan.
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Whiskyman wrote:

Don't agree. He's not forcing City to pay anything they don't want to. As you said yourself City could easily fuck him off and replace him with someone better. Which they may well decide to do. They aren't short of a few bon after all. ;)

But my point about greed stands no?
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 pm

ToneLoc wrote:The fat Jurassic prick's England starting lineup.
Thank fuck he got the bullet.
https://talksport.com/football/381875/s ... -cup-team/

He wouldn`t have played a back 3..That was Southgate`s idea to do that,not his.

Has I said in another thread,he said he`d settle for a draw in the our first game if he was in charge.Thank f*ck his not in charge then.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:21 am

BillyDWhizz wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

But my point about greed stands no?

Yes. But aren't we all basically greedy? If you thought you could persuade your rmployer to double your salary because he feared you would go and work for someone else wouldn't you do it ?
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Taansend

Postby Taansend » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:52 am

It's the daily Sterling Whinge thread :lol:
1 x

Jacko1966

Postby Jacko1966 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 am

Hammershark wrote:It’s easy from our world to get annoyed with greedy players... and they are fuckin greedy basturds .... but if you or me had an agent and he said he could get double your current wages from you current employer for doing the same job...... well I know what I would say...go get it son !

True enough. I'm a big-headed cunt who happens to believe he's better than any of his 16 colleagues at doing the job we do. I reckon I should be paid more than them but we all get the same and if someone said to me that they could get me more I'd bite their hand off. £200k a week would do.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”