World Cup are you bovvered.

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: World Cup are you bovvered.

Postby h69 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:29 pm

mkhammer wrote:Used to be THE most exciting thing for me loved it.....
England Shirt on for 3/4 weeks solid....watching the games in pubs with your mates,
practically crying when we got knocked out.......all gone now...
I'll watch and enjoy the games cos I love footie....but that edge has gone,just don't relate to the
players anymore.

And certainly don't help watching 5 spuds running around at times,I just can't support that
no way.

And sorry but at this moment I don't want England to win it,have a good one but not win it,
want my everlasting memory to be Bobby lifting the cup,and the thought of seeing Kane
replicating that,and seeing it every time the world cup is mentioned.......NO THANKS.......

I dont think you need to be unduly concerned, imagine what Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi or Mbappe is going to do to our back 4/5.

Much as I dont like Kyle Walker, he is wasted in the CB 3.
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:58 pm

h69 wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:Normally when the World Cup comes around I can't wait for it to start. Understandably as a kid I was riveted to the thing, watching players from countries you would never see over here, was great stuff. Even later on after being in Mexico in 86 and again at Italia 90 I was unfazed, the whole thing used to excite me and it still did, right up until the last one in Brazil.
But this time I really can't be arsed with any of it tbh. I'll still watch some matches when I can, but the enthusiasm isn't there this time. I don't know whether it's the politics involved, the brown envelopes going backwards and forwards, or sheer boredom at the thought of the usual suspects winning it again.
The only thing that I know for a fact ( with me anyway!) is that I don't really like any of our squad, in fact I find most of them nauseating. The so called high profile players are all unlikeable cunts and the rest I know fuck all about and couldn't care less.
I suppose I'll just have to blame the dwarf, he's a cunt, and he wears that fucking ruskie hat!
What say you?

Hit the nail on the head when you mention the part in bold above......I remember enjoying the 82 world cup and watching a fabulous Brazil side with Socrates, Zico, Eder and Junior in it where only one of their players (Falcao) was playing in Europe. They played a completely different way to everyone else. I remember them beating the Argies and Eder taking an incredible free kick that came off the bar from about 40 yards out and that game with Italy was superb....little Paolo Rossi and the score going back and forward. Never seen any of them playing before, it was superb.

Nowadays, I can almost name the squads of most of the big sides and half the Brazil side play in England. Its not the same and saturated TV coverage plus the big clubs money means anyone decent is either in the CL where we see them often or will be by the time the final is over. Ruins it for me.......but then again so does having English cup draws in Vietnam and giving bigger teams higher shares in the money.

You mentioning the Brazil 1982.I loved that side more than any other.That side didn`t win the WC,but bloody hell,their football was the best I`ve seen at ANY World Cup and that includes the 1970 side.

I love the Danish side in 1986.Their football was superb,but they ended up getting thrashed in the Quarter Finals 5-1.by Spain..Loved their shirt too..Was up there with Brazil 1970 and England`s 1982 Admiral shirt.

I still love the World Cup and I am passionate for us to do well.It would have been nice to have one of our lads in there,but that`s how it goes.

Whatever happens,West Ham will always be remembered for having the captain,all the goalscorers and the only man to hit an hat trick in a World Cup Final.No other team in the English League has that privilege.
0 x

jameskel

Postby jameskel » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 pm

You miserable cunts

Its the World cup, Its England

Cant wait.
4 x
Taans can fuck right off

cockneyhammer

Postby cockneyhammer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:09 pm

not intrested in it in any shape or form omly intrested in west ham be glad when it is over
1 x

hammerwell75

Postby hammerwell75 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm

I'll try and watch a few games , not too fussed about England either tbh , ( guess it will be like watchiñg the spuds , You sit there expecting , wantinģ & hoping for it to be our year , only for it to go tits up and win nothing , once again )

I guess the best thing out of all this for the English people , is the fact that it's the only thing that the BBC put on that aint been repeated a million times in the past , so for once we may just get a bit of a return on our TV licence money .
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:35 pm

I’ll watch what I can when I can but only as it’s a pretty good betting medium .
England have always had problems breaking “lesser” teams down in tournament football so I await the group games with interest .
1 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Well it's certainly more interesting than following the antics of our Director-meister of Football and the deafening daily bollocks that comes out of the media.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 pm

If Allardyce would have been still in charge,I probably wouldn`t have bothered to watch.

He said on Talksport today,he`d have taken a draw in our first game against Tunisia :o
1 x

dagenhamdave

Postby dagenhamdave » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:10 pm

NO, roll on August. ;)
0 x

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:24 pm

terrya1965 wrote:If Allardyce would have been still in charge,I probably wouldn`t have bothered to watch.

He said on Talksport today,he`d have taken a draw in our first game against Tunisia :o

Thank fuck he's out of the picture Tel, boring cunt.
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Return to “Football Talk”