World Cup are you bovvered.

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: World Cup are you bovvered.

Postby Dwayne Pipes » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Will watch it but we really are a pile of shit.
0 x

Vladnar

Postby Vladnar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 am

Becoming more interested now were only a day away, its the first time ive watched these competitions without using a wall chart dating back to 82 but i think it has all the makings of being an extremely good world cup. Leave the hype and let it prove to us its worth the effort and i think it will, though the amount of teams who'll be going there to all out defend will be a bit depressing but lets see what happens eh.

Vlad

ps, Play good football and get through the group is the least we can expect and bar playing abysmally to a rubbish nation we can all go out happy lol
0 x

Noni

Postby Noni » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:11 am

To be honest once every 4 years is not bad. I think we will be OK in these games, enough at least to get out of the first group matches anyway ;)

Yes I will be rooting for England wearing my red rose and 3 lions underwear... ;) :D :lol:
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:07 am

Ron Manager wrote:I want England to do well because I'm English, although the lack of any West Ham player in the squad dilutes the interest. Like yourself I'll watch some games, all the England ones, but I'll only get bovvered if we make it to the last 8, which is unlikely.

That will do for me.

I haven't checked the schedule but I'll watch if it's on but certainly won't be taking any time off work to watch a game.

I just think that football saturation on TV throughout the whole year has killed the excitement
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:09 am

Under Woy, my apathy for the national team reached it's peak, especially the last Euros where I found myself laughing at them more than cheering for them.
The "Spinal Tap" of international football.
Arrive with a media entourage and depart in a haze of humiliation and comical tragedy.

Under Southgate there's something a little more credible and, for me at least.... likeable (I couldn't stand Woy).
We have a younger manager who seems unfazed by all of the bullshit and picks players on merit rather than reputation.
Having said all of this, we'll probably still crash out in the same embarrassing style but, this England squad is one I feel I can support properly without feeling the need to laugh at and constantly ridicule.......... although we're still shit of course :lol:

Edit: Yes there ARE too many Spuds but beggars can't be choosers.
3 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:54 am

Gonzo wrote:
Ron Manager wrote:I want England to do well because I'm English, although the lack of any West Ham player in the squad dilutes the interest. Like yourself I'll watch some games, all the England ones, but I'll only get bovvered if we make it to the last 8, which is unlikely.

That will do for me.

I haven't checked the schedule but I'll watch if it's on but certainly won't be taking any time off work to watch a game.

I just think that football saturation on TV throughout the whole year has killed the excitement

I do remember the days of,the FA Cup Final,European Cup Final,England v Scotland,European Nations Cup and the World Cup being the only live Football on the box.
1 x

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:58 am

I used to look forward to England games, went to a few, but it's not the same any more. If the good Lord said you had a choice, England will win the World Cup but West Ham would get relegated I don't think many on here would take it.
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Postby 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 am

im bothered because i want england to win it
i know its unlikey but i still watch all the england games and watch the others when i can
when its quarter finals then its really the time to get interested even if england aint in it but then i change to another country hoping to win it
0 x

Romford

Postby Romford » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:18 pm

Was going out there but my Mum is ill so have had to stay at home....so got some tickets if anyone fancies it ?

I love WCs...and will watch every minute

Good luck to the many Hammers taking the trip over...and good luck to Norwich Nick in outing my tickets :D
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Ron Manager wrote:I used to look forward to England games, went to a few, but it's not the same any more. If the good Lord said you had a choice, England will win the World Cup but West Ham would get relegated I don't think many on here would take it.

If after years as a non believer the good Lord did speaketh to me and the subject was a multiple choice football question I think I'd be too amazed to even choose.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”