World Cup are you bovvered.

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: World Cup are you bovvered.

Postby Clayton » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Always watch them if I have the time and theres nothing to watch on the tele , and will try to watch them in the euros or world cups . But When it comes to watching England Rugby , thats totally different I will stay up to watch overseas matches , have always found rugby a much more exciting game to watch , could have something to do with my parents emigrating to NZ when I was 6 and playing rugby at primary/senoir school and only playing football weekends , and me being proud of my English heritage .
0 x

BlackDiamond

Postby BlackDiamond » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Football demands attention and it gets the headlines. Most neutrals are probably not over excited with the opening fixture Russia v Saudi Arabia, so Spain quickly grab the front page by sacking their coach,in a fit of mean tempered bolshiness - because he has agreed to manage Real Madrid from next season.

Which puts Spain into a one nil lead already...but then some bloody annoying sort, points out that Antonio Conte agreed to take charge at Chelsea,two months before leaving the post of Italian manager...which now leaves Spain trailing by a goal...Madrista mia

...so if you find the whole concept of football more than slightly amusing,there is plenty to occupy your every waking minute in the next month...and you will still end up missing stuff
0 x

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:20 pm

Being an expat & having to suffer the inevitable septic ridiculing of the Three Lions (although easier this time around given their capitulation in qualifying!) these games take on a somewhat added importance over here.

We have a local boozer where the expats congregate to share the usual misery, outside of that, I built a bar & patio in me shed outback & seeing as the games start early here, will be a tough month on the liver :o
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Hammertime wrote:Being an expat & having to suffer the inevitable septic ridiculing of the Three Lions (although easier this time around given their capitulation in qualifying!) these games take on a somewhat added importance over here.

We have a local boozer where the expats congregate to share the usual misery, outside of that, I built a bar & patio in me shed outback & seeing as the games start early here, will be a tough month on the liver :o

I know how you feel...I too suffer the inevitable septic ridiculing....the problem here is they all expect Brasil to win, and I have to keep on reminding them about the last WC..against Germany..... :lol: :lol: :lol: ..7-1. I am the only Englishman here surrounded by half a million Brasilians...and when I'm ridiculed I suffer.....they still remind me of Iceland.. :oops: But my flags are flying with pride for now and I will pick and choose the matches, no one works here when Brasil play so I am also looking forward to an enlarged liver come the end of July.
0 x

JayK

Postby JayK » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:04 pm

I ain’t that bovved. I’ll watch whatever game is on when I turn on the tv. Still enjoy watching the other countries and enjoy those games even more since about 2002 ish I think.
England players believe their own hype and think they’re the nuts coz they play in arguably the best league in the world. What they fail to realise is they’re not world class, they’re just the best we can churn out coz hardly any English get to play in our top league now.
0 x
COYI!!!

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Watched a bit of the opening game, only because it is the opening game. Saudi Arabia are a bit crap. Their coach needs to sheikh things up at half-time.
0 x

OZHAMMER

Postby OZHAMMER » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Ron Manager wrote:Watched a bit of the opening game, only because it is the opening game. Saudi Arabia are a bit crap. Their coach needs to sheikh things up at half-time.

They won’t throw in the towel.
0 x

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:59 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:
Ron Manager wrote:Watched a bit of the opening game, only because it is the opening game. Saudi Arabia are a bit crap. Their coach needs to sheikh things up at half-time.

That would be a shiite thing to do.
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:09 pm

First game of the World cup and the stadiums like a morgue. Fuckin' Ultras indeed.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:10 pm

Ron Manager wrote:
OZHAMMER wrote:

That would be a shiite thing to do.

They might get mullahed here.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Return to “Football Talk”