Anderson deal close to done

Chat about anything football related here!
Alfiehammer

Re: Anderson deal close to done

Postby Alfiehammer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:17 am

Signing of the season and we haven't even signed the fupper.
0 x

h69

Re: Signing of the season

Postby h69 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
Ngugi Rick wrote:Filipe Anderson could be the best signing we have this season and a key player in building up our atack. However the stand taken by Lazio's President concerning the transfer fee is a bit worrying for hammers all over. Now do we push on or do we start looking elsewhere
COYI! whufc_crest

Give them a deadline, take it or leave it.
That said, with our cunts in charge, I very much doubt whether or not a bid was actually made in the first place. I don't believe a word that comes from the dwarf, heard it all before, I'm afraid.
Anything over 30 mil and the dwarfs pants I'll start to fill up!

I think that is what we have done and have now started looking at alternatives like Rafinha and Depay
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:58 pm

h69 wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Give them a deadline, take it or leave it.
That said, with our cunts in charge, I very much doubt whether or not a bid was actually made in the first place. I don't believe a word that comes from the dwarf, heard it all before, I'm afraid.
Anything over 30 mil and the dwarfs pants I'll start to fill up!

I think that is what we have done and have now started looking at alternatives like Rafinha and Depay

Rafinha isn't like for like. He's a CM not an AM.
And you forgot to mention Bolasie -- a much more realistic option than either Rafinha or Depay. :D
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:38 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:
h69 wrote:

And you forgot to mention Bolasie -- a much more realistic option than either Rafinha or Depay. :D

I'm not saying he is like for like but given we are looking for two midfielders, the money would be better off spent there if Anderson is not on. I have heard nothing regarding Bolasie but Depay wants to come to England again.
0 x

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:42 am

h69 wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

I'm not saying he is like for like but given we are looking for two midfielders, the money would be better off spent there if Anderson is not on. I have heard nothing regarding Bolasie but Depay wants to come to England again.

Oddly enough the Pellegrini regime seem far more interested in attacking players and CBs than box to box or defensive midfielders.

Clearly, and probably rightly, he feels we need at least one (potentially) creative attacking player. And that that's a much higher priority than central midfield.
All that fits with Pellegrini's style of play. If we signed Rafinha and Wilshere they'd both be playing in the deeper midfield roles. We could maybe push Wilshere into the central AM role, but as he averages an assist every 10 games and isn't a real goal threat, it's debatable whether that would be in anyway effective.

The problem we have is that a very good, or potentially very good AM, or wing forward (inside right/left in old money) is going to cost upwards of £35m.
It's no coincidence that we've been linked with Bernard (free, but probably a £30m+ player under contract) and Fernandes (sans dispute probably a £35m+ player).

That we cannot get these big deals done -- and by big I don't mean the incremental record signings, like Diop, Arnautovic and Ayew -- hasn't changed, nor have the excuses, and nor have the calls for us to 'move on', 'give up', or target some alternate, equally expensive signing.
Wouldn't it be nice if one of these months long pursuits resulted in something other than blaming the other club, or the player for treating us poorly?
0 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:01 am

I am reading now that the Anderson deal is all but dead in the water. Why o why does this happen to us season after season?
0 x
Flairon

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:26 am

Flairon wrote:I am reading now that the Anderson deal is all but dead in the water. Why o why does this happen to us season after season?

Looks like we are waiting for Anderson to hand in a transfer request and refuse to play for them. Every time we get very close to the asking price they up it. Who knows what we actually offered. I am guessing 35 Million for both him and Lukaku or 30 Million for Anderson plus 5 in addons
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Flairon

Postby Flairon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:06 pm

IronsForever wrote:
Flairon wrote:I am reading now that the Anderson deal is all but dead in the water. Why o why does this happen to us season after season?

Looks like we are waiting for Anderson to hand in a transfer request and refuse to play for them. Every time we get very close to the asking price they up it. Who knows what we actually offered. I am guessing 35 Million for both him and Lukaku or 30 Million for Anderson plus 5 in addons

I have to be honest, this has taken the wind out of my sails somewhat. Why it should is beyond me, because I should of course be used to it by now. :evil:
0 x
Flairon

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:48 pm

plastics getting interested, time to walk away or we'll have another batshuayi situation
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:17 pm

thomasswe wrote:plastics getting interested, time to walk away or we'll have another batshuayi situation

To be fair, they were interested in him and Seri as well way before we were but it seems they refuse to make any signings until they know who the fuck the manager is going to be. Quite what is going on there is beyond me since every week the reports are that Conte is leaving and Sarri is taking over and then at the end of the week he is still there.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”