Anderson deal close to done

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Anderson deal close to done

Postby h69 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:29 am

Baddowhammer wrote:
Clayton wrote:
No denying Fredericks looks good value , and Diop looks a good hard tackler and even looked to have a very good pass on him . But we all know we needed to upgrade the midfield with some pace , creativity and defensive desire , which as of yet hasnt been done .

Clay's right here whilst our signings are good,it's the midfield we need to concentrate on in creativity and an enforcer.COYI

Sounds like the Anderson deal may well be back on. There is a strong rumour that the deal has finally been agreed because the club were talking top Lazio this weekend again.

Chances are they will sign all of the players recently mentioned. If we sign Anderson/Fernandes, Yarmolenko, Wilshere and Balbuena this week then I can see Antonio going in Jan....I dont know this, just speculating because I keep hearing that he is likely to exit when fit.
2 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:35 am

h69 wrote:
Baddowhammer wrote:Clay's right here whilst our signings are good,it's the midfield we need to concentrate on in creativity and an enforcer.COYI

Sounds like the Anderson deal may well be back on. There is a strong rumour that the deal has finally been agreed because the club were talking top Lazio this weekend again.

Chances are they will sign all of the players recently mentioned. If we sign Anderson/Fernandes, Yarmolenko, Wilshere and Balbuena this week then I can see Antonio going in Jan....I dont know this, just speculating because I keep hearing that he is likely to exit when fit.

That would be one hell of a window , hopefully Fernandes we need someone of his quality in the middle .
2 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:46 am

0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:49 am

Clayton wrote:
h69 wrote:

That would be one hell of a window , hopefully Fernandes we need someone of his quality in the middle .

I would think unlikely we sign Fernandes and Anderson (but then who knows at the moment). I guess it will be one or the other and they can move Anderson into the middle while Lanzini is injured and if Yarmolenko is signed we can play him on the wing. Then when Lanzini is back we may have competition for places.
1 x

Brookbonds73

Postby Brookbonds73 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:54 am

Personally I think he should stick to cricket.
1 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:09 am

h69 wrote:
Clayton wrote:

I would think unlikely we sign Fernandes and Anderson (but then who knows at the moment). I guess it will be one or the other and they can move Anderson into the middle while Lanzini is injured and if Yarmolenko is signed we can play him on the wing. Then when Lanzini is back we may have competition for places.

Still think Anderson is not the priority in our midfield though he would be a terrific transfer , but we need a creative enforcer and Fernandes can do both those jobs much better then any thing we have at the moment .
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:11 am

Clayton wrote:
h69 wrote:

Still think Anderson is not the priority in our midfield though he would be a terrific transfer , but we need a creative enforcer and Fernandes can do both those jobs much better then any thing we have at the moment .

Personally I would play Declan Rice there. He can only get better, has years left in him, has pace, tackles well and can pick out a pass. Hopefully Pellegrini will see him that way.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:37 am

Clayton wrote:
h69 wrote:

I agree whilst Anderson is the bosses choice for a bit of creativity,we still need a steely but skilful Midfielder,this has been the case for a long while now and everybody after last season agreed it was NO1 priority,a Pogba or a Kante or more realistically N'didi or Seri,Seri's in London but then so are gooners and rent boys.COYI
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:59 am

h69 wrote:
Clayton wrote:

Personally I would play Declan Rice there. He can only get better, has years left in him, has pace, tackles well and can pick out a pass. Hopefully Pellegrini will see him that way.

The age he is makes it a distinct possibility he reads the game so well,he doesn't do nerves so no problems there,the more CBs we sign and lack of interest in a CDM he's got the bottle let's hope Pelle turns him into a De Bruyne.COYI
0 x

Hammershark

Postby Hammershark » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Sky saying now in advanced talks
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”