Payet

Chat about anything football related here!

Would you take Dimitri Payet back ??

Poll ended at Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 am

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 67

punkrockhammer

Re: Payet

Postby punkrockhammer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Dagger wrote:if he came back it would be embarrassing as I for one could not sing the just don't think you understand song

would I want him back not sure think there is better and younger without the baggage to be honest

many said on here he was a fucking French cunt and nothing has made me feel any different, let him jog on to orient

So who are these better and younger Payets West Ham could afford?
0 x

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Whiskyman wrote:Hypothetical of course but yes I would. The most (only?) creative player we've seen in our colours for many a year, certainly since diCanio. But at the end of the day it's down to the new manager. No doubt there would be some numpties who would boo him if he did return but we should be in the business of signing good footballers, and he has proved he falls into that category.

And if Noble fell out with him before and it came to the crunch, ask yourself honestly. Noble or Payet ? No brainer is it not ? But, as said, purely hypothetical and, in any case, given the source of the information I suspect this one is probably best filed under the fiction heading. ;)

Noble is limited but he’s West Ham

That’s enough for some people

He may aswell play until his 60
1 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:35 pm

thomasswe wrote:
1985whu wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. That's not what I was reading at the time. But I suppose we all read different things from different sources. He's still a mardy cnut though. He's like a bloke who shags around, gets caught, finds out the grass isn't greener on the other side then comes snivelling back to his wife. He can fcuk right off!

quite literally shagging around was the start of him leaving in the first place

Was it, or could it have been just something occuring at the same time. Can speculate, jump to conclusions, but until you hear it from the horses mouth you wont ever be 100% sure.
1 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:35 pm

BlackDiamond wrote:
Towie wrote:I agree with those who say fuck him, however are we really in a position to tell quality players like him we don’t need his services?

Imagine Hernandez, Payet, Arnie and Wilshere playing in the same team.

So yes from me.

plus Mr Shelvey - oh yes...he is joining also. You can see why we are being touted top 6. The smart money is already moving on 5th. It's too strong for me,but I like the optimism.

Have you seen the odds on England winning the World Cup?

They don’t mean shit. Just a reflection of where people are betting with their hearts instead of their heads

There are at least eight sides that will finish above us next season. One of those will be a promoted side
0 x

punkrockhammer

Postby punkrockhammer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 pm

LawnmowerMan wrote:
1985whu wrote:Don't need that poison returning and upsetting the team spirit in the dressing room.

He didn't upset the dressing room, Bilic did.

The players loved him, Noble is still in contact with him on practically a daily basis.

How do you know this?

You might be Mark Noble, but I doubt it

Anyway, this is just Tevez under a different name
0 x

Hildreth_1101

Postby Hildreth_1101 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:52 pm

Payet was a World class player for us, dragged us nearly into the Champions League, it's hard to forget that but also forget the way he left.

I think he was scapegoated a little by the board and manager as a way of deflecting pressure off them due to the poor season we were having, with that said there were obviously personal issues going on with him as well.

Would I take him back personally? Yes, if he's committed to coming back then I am completely down, give him a second chance but it's all down to the manager, board and playing staff really. Either way I can understand their perspective on it after all they were inside the mess at the time and we were only onlookers. Well Pellegrini wasn't but it's going to be up to him with the final say.
0 x

1985whu

Postby 1985whu » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:07 pm

punkrockhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:Hypothetical of course but yes I would. The most (only?) creative player we've seen in our colours for many a year, certainly since diCanio. But at the end of the day it's down to the new manager. No doubt there would be some numpties who would boo him if he did return but we should be in the business of signing good footballers, and he has proved he falls into that category.

And if Noble fell out with him before and it came to the crunch, ask yourself honestly. Noble or Payet ? No brainer is it not ? But, as said, purely hypothetical and, in any case, given the source of the information I suspect this one is probably best filed under the fiction heading. ;)

Noble is limited but he’s West Ham

That’s enough for some people

He may aswell play until his 60

Whiskyman yes, a creative player. But with Arnie and Jack we'll have creativity with Lanzi returning too. Payet can fcuk right off as far as I'm concerned. Great player for us, but too much water under the bridge, don't need him now and it never works when players return.

...Unless he was prepared to take £30k per week with no gauranteed starts
0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:21 pm

IF it's true that Pellegrini's spoken to the players about Payet returning and they've all got no problem with him, that speaks volumes louder to me than any rumours and speculation that's been blathered around the social mediasphere about him in the past.

I can't see it happening - especially at £25M but the blokes got balls if he's prepared to swallow his pride to try and make up for past mistakes - whoever/whatever was to blame.
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

Olas1

Postby Olas1 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:54 pm

I voted yes on the basis that Payet refuses to play for Marseille and forces a move to West Ham stating personal reasons and the fact he will only join West Ham. We then only offer £14m and Snodgrass....
1 x

aklhammer

Postby aklhammer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:01 pm

In a heartbeat.

To err is human; to forgive, is Champions League :D
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”