Payet

Chat about anything football related here!

Would you take Dimitri Payet back ??

Poll ended at Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 am

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 67

FatPigIron

Re: Payet

Postby FatPigIron » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:40 am

I DON'T want to see the Judas back. He's fucked us once. A leopard doesn't change his spots. I'd boo every time he got the ball. The 'Sulk' could then go stuffing his face with KFC and not play again (whilst still getting paid of course). Probably his game plan! I hate the bloke, because I hate betrayal merchants!
0 x

Vladnar

Postby Vladnar » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:48 am

Having him back, what a stupid idea

V
2 x

1985whu

Postby 1985whu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 am

Maybe the whole thing is just a smokescreen to hide the fact that we're not getting Pellegrini's no 1 target Anderson. I doubt this Payet thing will go anywhere.
2 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:16 am

Dagger wrote:if he came back it would be embarrassing as I for one could not sing the just don't think you understand song

Here's a suggestion then. Just watch him produce some of the magic we all saw last time round but keep quiet if people around you start singing.

You could always hum or whistle. ;)
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:16 am

If you were all forced to choose to have Bilic or Payet back, who would it be? I know my answer and its based on the belief that Bilic wasnt as humble a man as he would have us believe and i strongly feel he was the root of all the problems. Payets mistake was in the way he handled the business, but maybe, and you can't say for sure otherwise, it was the last resort.

The evidence against Bilic is there, many have seen it and many have scoffed at it.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

hammerwell75

Postby hammerwell75 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Yeah I'd take him back tomorrow , one of the best West Ham players I've seen live .

He is still undoubtedly a top player and we would get a good couple of seasons out of him yet .... I know the manner that he left wasn't good at the time and upset most of us but I would ask them saying no , would you still be happy to sign Anderson if he went on strike to force a move ?

He's never confessed to being a die hard Hammers fan ( who used to sit on the north bank as a kid) he was bought here under the false promise that we would be adding equal world class players to play along side , as well as his own reasons why he done what he did.

whufc_crest
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:45 pm

He wouldn't be the first player to leave to try and better himself but then come back. I'm sure I've forgotten a few but I can remember Pop Robson, McAvennie, Dicks, Cottee all leaving and coming back, with varying degrees of success. Or otherwise.

One club players like Trevor Brooking and Alvin Martin just don't exist any more.
2 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

hammerwell75

Postby hammerwell75 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:59 pm

Whiskyman wrote:He wouldn't be the first player to leave to try and better himself but then come back. I'm sure I've forgotten a few but I can remember Pop Robson, McAvennie, Dicks, Cottee all leaving and coming back, with varying degrees of success. Or otherwise.

One club players like Trevor Brooking and Alvin Martin just don't exist any more.

Agree with you there Whisky , also Bilic left and come back as Manager :o
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:05 am

Whiskyman wrote:He wouldn't be the first player to leave to try and better himself but then come back. I'm sure I've forgotten a few but I can remember Pop Robson, McAvennie, Dicks, Cottee all leaving and coming back, with varying degrees of success. Or otherwise.

Noble?
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:51 am

eskimo joe wrote:If you were all forced to choose to have Bilic or Payet back, who would it be? I know my answer and its based on the belief that Bilic wasnt as humble a man as he would have us believe and i strongly feel he was the root of all the problems. Payets mistake was in the way he handled the business, but maybe, and you can't say for sure otherwise, it was the last resort.

The evidence against Bilic is there, many have seen it and many have scoffed at it.

Does seem that way. Someone else alluded to this on here. Maybe that's why he always fails at clubs in year 2
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”