Payet

Chat about anything football related here!

Would you take Dimitri Payet back ??

Poll ended at Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 am

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 67

H4L

Re: Payet

Postby H4L » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:04 am

I voted yes but if it it was up to me there would be a lot of conditions.

The price needs to reflect his age. He’s 31 now.
His wages cannot break the bank with performance related top up.
There would need to be something in their about him doing the same toysbout of pram stuff again.
Senior players need to be consulted as to wether he would be disruptive.

I don’t think it will happen though. I think both Marseille and Dimitri will price themselves out.
1 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:01 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:He wouldn't be the first player to leave to try and better himself but then come back. I'm sure I've forgotten a few but I can remember Pop Robson, McAvennie, Dicks, Cottee all leaving and coming back, with varying degrees of success. Or otherwise.

One club players like Trevor Brooking and Alvin Martin just don't exist any more.

Noble?

At the risk of appearing cynical have we ever received serious interest for Noble from other clubs ? And would you put him in the same league as the two I mentioned. And you could throw Devonshire in as well if you like.

If that 1985/86 team was around today, or if football then had been the same as today, do you think we would have enjoyed that season like we did back then ? Or would the bigger fish have moved in long before and stripped us to the bones ?

And that isn't a did at Noble btw, just an opinion that as far as I'm concerned he has never been a player good enough for a top club. So for him West Ham is probably as high up the ladder he could go.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Alfiehammer

Postby Alfiehammer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:34 pm

h69 wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:If you were all forced to choose to have Bilic or Payet back, who would it be? I know my answer and its based on the belief that Bilic wasnt as humble a man as he would have us believe and i strongly feel he was the root of all the problems. Payets mistake was in the way he handled the business, but maybe, and you can't say for sure otherwise, it was the last resort.

The evidence against Bilic is there, many have seen it and many have scoffed at it.

Does seem that way. Someone else alluded to this on here. Maybe that's why he always fails at clubs in year 2

Barely a single manager in a single club in any leagues makes it past the second year these days. Even winning the championship with Leicester isn't enough these days...
0 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:Noble?

At the risk of appearing cynical have we ever received serious interest for Noble from other clubs ? And would you put him in the same league as the two I mentioned. And you could throw Devonshire in as well if you like.

If that 1985/86 team was around today, or if football then had been the same as today, do you think we would have enjoyed that season like we did back then ? Or would the bigger fish have moved in long before and stripped us to the bones ?

And that isn't a did at Noble btw, just an opinion that as far as I'm concerned he has never been a player good enough for a top club. So for him West Ham is probably as high up the ladder he could go.

I wish you wouldn't try to set me off :) :)
1 x

h69

Postby h69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:38 am

Good discussion regarding Payet here starting 49mins in including comparing his departure to Lampard, Ince and Defoe

The guy that makes the points on 57 mins probably echoes my own views now but its a good debate.

https://www.phoenixfm.com/2018/07/10/we ... -phillips/
1 x

Since 66

Postby Since 66 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:40 pm

Played in the 1-1 draw with Villarreal. So obviously not coming to West Ham :P kickimmuts
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:39 am

Since 66 wrote:Played in the 1-1 draw with Villarreal. So obviously not coming to West Ham :P kickimmuts

And Arnautovic just played in the 2-2 draw with Preston .

So he must be staying here yes ?
0 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:44 am

Newmarket wrote:
Since 66 wrote:Played in the 1-1 draw with Villarreal. So obviously not coming to West Ham :P kickimmuts

And Arnautovic just played in the 2-2 draw with Preston .

So he must be staying here yes ?

Well spotted... ;) ;) ;)
0 x

Vladnar

Postby Vladnar » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:47 am

without arnie id suggest our season won't be much cop at all so yeah we'd better be...he needs a big long contract too if he hits the ground running again between now and say october.

WE GETTING ANOTHER STRIKER?......or do we realy think nondo/crock carrol and Hugill are enough for that position?

V
0 x

Since 66

Postby Since 66 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:10 am

Was trying to have a laff shakeass
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”