Big Sam being sacked as England manager...

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Big Sam being sacked as England manager...

Postby terrya1965 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:41 pm

There is a god...Thank f*ck for that!
2 x

Neville Bartos

Re: Big Sam being sacked has England manager...

Postby Neville Bartos » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:03 pm

terrya1965 wrote:There is a god...Thank f*ck for that!

He'll probably try and take some credit for England's run.
Apparently he can influence a teams results before he takes charge, so after he's gone must be a given. :D
3 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

dorsetdano

Postby dorsetdano » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:14 pm

Glad Gareth totally ignored the Dudley Dinosaurs non sensical advice to adopt 4-4-2 today and he thinks he is a mdoern forward thinking manager. Totally deluded!!
2 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:56 am

Neville Bartos wrote:
terrya1965 wrote:There is a god...Thank f*ck for that!

Apparently he can influence a teams results before he takes charge, so after he's gone must be a given. :D

Funny you should say that, i was walking the dog in the evening and had a chuckle to myself as the exact same thought went through my mind.

And heaven help us if Southgate had decided to go 4-4-2, Samantha would be lauding his own praises for such an astute foresight.

I wonder if the " don't shoot outside the box " man is still concerned about the lack of goals from open play.

I actually fail to see why the media would even seek the lumps opinions concerning the England side, it's not as if he was manager there long enough to have the smallest impact on our progress. The best thing he did for England was his shadey business dealings which ensured he wasnt around to immerse us in the depths of boredom.
1 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:35 am

To think that The FA only gave the job to Southgate because that Jurassic fuckwit got caught with his hands in the till says it all as to why we've failed so miserably over the years.

We've been screaming out for a younger, proactive, intelligent manager for decades.
I hope those idiots at The FA have now learned a lesson that choosing people from the retirement home isn't the way forward.
5 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:44 am

eskimo joe wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:

Funny you should say that, i was walking the dog in the evening and had a chuckle to myself as the exact same thought went through my mind.

And heaven help us if Southgate had decided to go 4-4-2, Samantha would be lauding his own praises for such an astute foresight.

I wonder if the " don't shoot outside the box " man is still concerned about the lack of goals from open play.

I actually fail to see why the media would even seek the lumps opinions concerning the England side, it's not as if he was manager there long enough to have the smallest impact on our progress. The best thing he did for England was his shadey business dealings which ensured he wasnt around to immerse us in the depths of boredom.

To be fair I think Sam deserves some credit for you deciding to take the dog for a walk.
2 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:56 am

Gonzo wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:

To be fair I think Sam deserves some credit for you deciding to take the dog for a walk.

Well my dog is forever grateful for the amount of walks he got because of him.
2 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

wokinghama

Re: Big Sam being sacked AS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! England manager...

Postby wokinghama » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:05 am

ToneLoc wrote:To think that The FA only gave the job to Southgate because that Jurassic fuckwit got caught with his hands in the till says it all as to why we've failed so miserably over the years.

We've been screaming out for a younger, proactive, intelligent manager for decades.
I hope those idiots at The FA have now learned a lesson that choosing people from the retirement home isn't the way forward.

goodpost:)

This.
1 x
Chim Chimeney

FlatCapDave

Postby FlatCapDave » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:13 am

Southgate wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms and celebrations by the fans either mind you, so let's not pretend now that he was always first choice with the match-going punter.

If England had gotten smacked early on in this world cup big Sam would still be getting pelters, but he'd also be getting the blame for the FA having no option but to quickly appoint a failed Championship manager.

In fact, I remember the laughter when Wenger claimed Southgate was one of a select few Englishmen who were qualified to manage to the national side back in 2007.
0 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:27 am

dorsetdano wrote:Glad Gareth totally ignored the Dudley Dinosaurs non sensical advice to adopt 4-4-2 today and he thinks he is a mdoern forward thinking manager. Totally deluded!!

Thing is he actually believes what he says.COYI
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”