Big Sam being sacked as England manager...

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Big Sam being sacked as England manager...

Postby eskimo joe » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:15 am

terrya1965 wrote:He apparently said on Talksport that Southgate's team has to create more chances.

Now has an Hammer,I know what shit he has served up,so how can he critisize an England that has only reached it`s third World Cup Semi Final in history.

I think by more chances he meant balls played from the half way line 50 foot in the air into the box.. He would call them chances.
1 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

FlatCapDave

Re: Big Sam being sacked has England manager...

Postby FlatCapDave » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:43 am

ToneLoc wrote:
FlatCapDave wrote:Southgate wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms and celebrations by the fans either mind you, so let's not pretend now that he was always first choice with the match-going punter.

If England had gotten smacked early on in this world cup big Sam would still be getting pelters, but he'd also be getting the blame for the FA having no option but to quickly appoint a failed Championship manager.

In fact, I remember the laughter when Wenger claimed Southgate was one of a select few Englishmen who were qualified to manage to the national side back in 2007.

Well.... he was for me.
Elderly statesman with "bags of experience"?
I'd had it with them.

Well, you're more of a visionary than most I suspect. Southgate's lone position in management had seen him get relegated with Middlesbrough before eventually being sacked.

I can understand the call for something a bit different, and someone who was younger and who had fresh ideas, but honestly, Gareth Southgate?

I'd reckon there was probably a whole host of more successful names fitting the bill that fans would have preferred.
0 x

BlackDiamond

Re: Big Sam being sacked has England manager...

Postby BlackDiamond » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:03 pm

FlatCapDave wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Well.... he was for me.
Elderly statesman with "bags of experience"?
I'd had it with them.

Well, you're more of a visionary than most I suspect. Southgate's lone position in management had seen him get relegated with Middlesbrough before eventually being sacked.

I can understand the call for something a bit different, and someone who was younger and who had fresh ideas, but honestly, Gareth Southgate?

I'd reckon there was probably a whole host of more successful names fitting the bill that fans would have preferred.

You are right. What that doesn't measure is the Chemistry generated between a certain collection of players and a certain type of personality managing them.Get this right,add luck,fortitude and some individual cameos and any side can go on a little run.

Play seven,lose one and win the other six is not as outrageous as people believe. I'm a West Ham fan and even I can see it's not impossible...
0 x

Postby 3232 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:11 pm

terrya1965 wrote:
3232 wrote:He bought a pride and steeliness back to the England team, similar to his time at West Ham.
:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

You remember back to Allardyce as manager? Yes. Then you'll that the players, liek them or not, played like the shirt meant something. He bought in players that may not have been top draw but always put in the effort. Don't let your personal prejudice against the man cloud the facts.

He then took over England after Hodgson. Under Hodgson there was an air of 'don't care' from the players. In his time in charge he bought the pride he felt managing England to the players. Southgate has continued this theme.

Man up and admit the facts. We understand you do not like his personality or football but do not deny his strengths.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:22 pm

3232 wrote:
terrya1965 wrote: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

You remember back to Allardyce as manager? Yes. Then you'll that the players, liek them or not, played like the shirt meant something. He bought in players that may not have been top draw but always put in the effort. Don't let your personal prejudice against the man cloud the facts.

He then took over England after Hodgson. Under Hodgson there was an air of 'don't care' from the players. In his time in charge he bought the pride he felt managing England to the players. Southgate has continued this theme.

Man up and admit the facts. We understand you do not like his personality or football but do not deny his strengths.

Who cares ? Past history. We have a manager that knows what he is doing and has over-performed which happens rarely with England.

Sometimes right person right place.....same happens with players which is why when people quote stats it is not necessarily an indicator.
1 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:12 pm

3232 wrote:
terrya1965 wrote: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

When Allardyce came in,he did a good job in his first and second season.He brought some decent defenders has well.I would never knock what he did then.It wasn't spectacular but it was decent.I for one was fully behind him,but the last 2 seasons had to be questioned on our style especially.

I know in his last season,he stumbled across the Valencia/Sakho(were not his signings apparently) partnership has Carroll and Nolan got crooked,but still put Vaz Te in before them.
I have NEVER said his a bad manager,he just played crap football and has the ego the size of planet earth.He really thinks he is better than he is..

Please don`t talk bollocks about him bringing the pride back to England.That has to be one of most stupidest statements I have ever read on this forum.Southgate did that,but no doubt he will claim a bit of that if England won the trophy..
Last edited by terrya1965 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:03 pm

Sometimes you have to laugh at the crap that comes out of numbers mouth/keyboard. Pride... :lol: :lol: I think the word would be embarrassed, embarrassed the FA, embarrassed the UK, embarrassed the team. He managed them for 1 game against Slovakia....granted he has 100% record.....managed 1 goal....before he was exposed for what he was and shot down in flames....
Pride.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:39 am

Richard Keys tweet. No mention of his fat mate obviously. :roll:

Good luck lads. This chance may never come again. So pleased that Gareth Southgate is flying the flag for British coaching. Just think of all the money wasted on Mssrs Eriksson and Capello.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”