Big Sam being sacked as England manager...

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Big Sam being sacked has England manager...

Postby eskimo joe » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:02 am

FlatCapDave wrote:Southgate wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms and celebrations by the fans either mind you, so let's not pretend now that he was always first choice with the match-going punter.

If England had gotten smacked early on in this world cup big Sam would still be getting pelters, but he'd also be getting the blame for the FA having no option but to quickly appoint a failed Championship manager.

In fact, I remember the laughter when Wenger claimed Southgate was one of a select few Englishmen who were qualified to manage to the national side back in 2007.

Were you one of them? Probably not, i couldnt have given two shits back then, also back then its possible it was the wrong call, who really knows. The options might not have suited him, today he has a young squad not so tarred with the club only mentality,

TBH i couldnt care less if the manager was 100 years old as long as his thinking is capable of adapting. Its the players at the end of the day that have to carry out the task, it is they that need the right mentality and the ability to let it sink in, get them early then the job is easier. What ever happens from now can be learnt from and built upon. They need to act and think like a team in all aspects.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:07 am

ToneLoc wrote:To think that The FA only gave the job to Southgate because that Jurassic fuckwit got caught with his hands in the till says it all as to why we've failed so miserably over the years.

And apparently declined their offer to become caretaker manager. I read somewhere he said either give me the job full time or look elsewhere if you don't think I'm up to it.

I like that attitude.
2 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:19 am

FlatCapDave wrote:Southgate wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms and celebrations by the fans either mind you, so let's not pretend now that he was always first choice with the match-going punter.

If England had gotten smacked early on in this world cup big Sam would still be getting pelters, but he'd also be getting the blame for the FA having no option but to quickly appoint a failed Championship manager.

In fact, I remember the laughter when Wenger claimed Southgate was one of a select few Englishmen who were qualified to manage to the national side back in 2007.

Well.... he was for me.
Elderly statesman with "bags of experience"?
I'd had it with them.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

dorsetdano

Re: Big Sam being sacked as England manager...

Postby dorsetdano » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:37 am

No doubt he will be on Alan Brazil's show tomorrow or Tuesday spouting his usual rubbish! Ans of course Brazil will be sucking it up, as if it was the gospel truth.
0 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:13 pm

dorsetdano wrote:No doubt he will be on Alan Brazil's show tomorrow or Tuesday spouting his usual rubbish! Ans of course Brazil will be sucking it up, as if it was the gospel truth.

Tyrannosaurus Cunt
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:14 pm

BFS would have chose a 4 5 1 formation.

There would have been no Trippier,Maguire and he`d had Rooney and Hart playing in the first XI, sneaking through the group stages just scoring one goal.We'd have closed up shop against Panama after taking a 3rd minute lead after a 0-0 draw v Tunisia. Columbia would have knocked us out playing the piss poor football like of England past and how he plays the game.

He would have come back and said,we are making good progress and the FA would have awarded him a new contract with Allardyce announcing "You ain`t seen nothing yet"
1 x

Postby 3232 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:23 pm

He bought a pride and steeliness back to the England team, similar to his time at West Ham.
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:30 pm

3232 wrote:He bought a pride and steeliness back to the England team, similar to his time at West Ham.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Jacko1966

Postby Jacko1966 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:49 am

3232 wrote:He bought a pride and steeliness back to the England team, similar to his time at West Ham.

Fuckwit. Him and you.
0 x

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:25 am

He apparently said on Talksport that Southgate's team has to create more chances.

Now has an Hammer,I know what shit he has served up,so how can he critisize an England that has only reached it`s third World Cup Semi Final in history.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”