I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
h69
Posts: 2633
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
andyginbrasil wrote:I was on holiday in Bali....the game was on about 3am. But I still remember where I was and how low I felt looking at the other supporters seeing the sadness, I said I would never let it get to me like that again. Wrong..6 years later ..Euro 1996....same opposition....another semi final...another penalty shootout ....another loss.....never again I said...and now...2018.....World Cup semi final....I'm getting that feeling of expectation again.......


I was there Andy, trust me mate it was sickening.


I was too. That was the first tournament I ever went to with England so was rather spoiled. Went to Euro 92 and Euro 96 and then just gave up.
0 x

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 4193
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am

Re: I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Postby Brookbonds73 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:42 pm

h69 wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:
I was there Andy, trust me mate it was sickening.


I was too. That was the first tournament I ever went to with England so was rather spoiled. Went to Euro 92 and Euro 96 and then just gave up.


Unfortunately I was there in 86 as well mate. Had murders with the argies over the falklands etc. Had to buy our way out of a Mexican knick, about £200 quid, And then witnessed that fat bug eyed drug addled cunt with his hand of shite.
All good fun. :i am genuinely amused:
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2633
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:54 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:
h69 wrote:
I was too. That was the first tournament I ever went to with England so was rather spoiled. Went to Euro 92 and Euro 96 and then just gave up.


Unfortunately I was there in 86 as well mate. Had murders with the argies over the falklands etc. Had to buy our way out of a Mexican knick, about £200 quid, And then witnessed that fat bug eyed drug addled cunt with his hand of shite.
All good fun. :i am genuinely amused:


Blimey that sound like fun !...I think we may have won that tournament if said cunt had not cheated.
What were you in the knick for ? Fighting with the argies ?

Not as bad but in 92 I remember going out and getting pissed up with a load of Scotland fans in Copenhagen just before England played France in Malmo only to get back to my hotel to find all my gear outside as a load of England fans from Southend had trashed the hotel and they had chucked us all out...muppets. Had to sleep in the station entrance that night because of it with a load of Burnley fans.

As you say, all good fun :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

User avatar
Longshanks
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Postby Longshanks » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:01 pm

h69 wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:
I was there Andy, trust me mate it was sickening.


I was too. That was the first tournament I ever went to with England so was rather spoiled. Went to Euro 92 and Euro 96 and then just gave up.
:i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused: :o
Last edited by Longshanks on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
I can’t stand Thrush. Fact.

User avatar
Longshanks
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:14 pm

Re: I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Postby Longshanks » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:03 pm

Longshanks wrote:
h69 wrote:
I was too. That was the first tournament I ever went to with England so was rather spoiled. Went to Euro 92 and Euro 96 and then just gave up.

I thought you might have been ............:-):-):-)
0 x
I can’t stand Thrush. Fact.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2633
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Longshanks wrote:
Longshanks wrote:

I thought you might have been ............:-):-):-)


21 years old, football fan, just finished degree at University.....got some dough from my parents as a graduation present so used it for that. Too young for 86

92 I did a Inter-rail round Europe and took in Euro 92.
96 I got the tickets through having a West Ham Season Ticket. I remember we could apply as a priority.
Last edited by h69 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
Brookbonds73
Posts: 4193
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 2:34 am

Re: I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Postby Brookbonds73 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:34 pm

h69 wrote:
Brookbonds73 wrote:
Unfortunately I was there in 86 as well mate. Had murders with the argies over the falklands etc. Had to buy our way out of a Mexican knick, about £200 quid, And then witnessed that fat bug eyed drug addled cunt with his hand of shite.
All good fun. :i am genuinely amused:


Blimey that sound like fun !...I think we may have won that tournament if said cunt had not cheated.
What were you in the knick for ? Fighting with the argies ?

Not as bad but in 92 I remember going out and getting pissed up with a load of Scotland fans in Copenhagen just before England played France in Malmo only to get back to my hotel to find all my gear outside as a load of England fans from Southend had trashed the hotel and they had chucked us all out...muppets. Had to sleep in the station entrance that night because of it with a load of Burnley fans.

As you say, all good fun :i am genuinely amused:


My mate still has the newspaper cutting from the front of the Mexican national newspaper. It shows us in the knick, draped in colours, calling us English scum. In truth they took a rather lenient side to the argies, we had to fend for ourselves, mostly they were out looking for trouble and we were heavily outnumbered. But in good old English tradition, when the chips are down, you know the rest. :twisted: :i am genuinely amused:
3 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

User avatar
jameskel
Posts: 1237
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Re: I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Postby jameskel » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:11 pm

What's all this bollix, can't get into it because of spuds????? It's England, who gives a fuck who they play for. If he wins it for us, I will become a closet bagel banger.
2 x
Taans can fuck right off

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2633
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:16 pm

jameskel wrote:What's all this bollix, can't get into it because of spuds????? It's England, who gives a fuck who they play for. If he wins it for us, I will become a closet bagel banger.


James. I totally agree with you. Club stuff goes to one side for me when they have the three lions on the badge
0 x

User avatar
terrya1965
Posts: 2740
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: I remember 4th July 1990 like yesterday.

Postby terrya1965 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 pm

h69 wrote:
jameskel wrote:What's all this bollix, can't get into it because of spuds????? It's England, who gives a fuck who they play for. If he wins it for us, I will become a closet bagel banger.


James. I totally agree with you. Club stuff goes to one side for me when they have the three lions on the badge



I agree,I have 2 teams I support,CLUB,West Ham,NATIONAL,England.It don`t matter what club they come from?England is my blood and where I was born and live.

1990 was a sickener for me losing in the Semi`s v Germany,like 2006 losing to Liverpool in the Cup.
1 x


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 30 guests