Welcome Jack

Chat about anything football related here!
whu

Re: Welcome Jack

Postby whu » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:23 pm

welcome

quality player

played over 30 games last season

and he's english
3 x
Tell the truth or get out of our club - NO SURRENDER

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Postby Oziron » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:56 am

If numbers is doubting him then you know he's gonna be a good signing....!!
1 x

downunda

Postby downunda » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:28 am

Oziron wrote:If numbers is doubting him then you know he's gonna be a good signing....!!

You can always tell when numbers is jealous, he starts writing on our board :i am genuinely amused:
0 x

Whiskyman

Re: Jack Wilshere? Aaah,.....

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:27 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
hd1 wrote:
Don't forget the massive overspend on the ground and the fact it won't be finished when they're saying ;)

Every time I see the ground I remember the West Ham scarf someone buried in the foundations.... :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:

Not so much the overspend that Levy's concerned about. He is much more worried about the possibiity of Wembley being sold to Shahid Khan, the Fulham owner, and losing the NFL games once the initial 20 game (I think) contract to play them at WHL has finished.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:41 am

Gonzo wrote:
Clayton wrote:
No denying his skill Kris but , at the moment with no other transfer rumour concerning a creative deep lying enforcer type player I think Jack will be hung out to dry by the club . I personally think a Fernandes type player would benefit the midfield and Jack .

Mate, there is a ton off stuff in the offing. The club have leaked today that they are going to bring in an additional 3 significant transfers this week one of which will break the record. Also there is likely to be a free or loan signing to compliment them.

Yarmolenko
Anderson
Balbuena

Wilshere
Diop
Fredericks
Fabianski

If that turns out to be our window and we sign up Rice and play him in DM then I will be very happy with this window as for once we seem to be investing in the playing squad as we were so short of numbers (players that is, not ginger troll :i am genuinely amused: )
0 x

garnett

Postby garnett » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:43 am

Gonzo wrote:
Clayton wrote:
No denying his skill Kris but , at the moment with no other transfer rumour concerning a creative deep lying enforcer type player I think Jack will be hung out to dry by the club . I personally think a Fernandes type player would benefit the midfield and Jack .

Mate, there is a ton off stuff in the offing. The club have leaked today that they are going to bring in an additional 3 significant transfers this week one of which will break the record. Also there is likely to be a free or loan signing to compliment them.

Morning, without starting a new thread I would like to be the first to thank the supporters who`s resolve was finally broken and entered the field of play v Burnley fully knowing that that they would be banned for life.
I firmly believe that their unselfish action of taking that bullet finally made our board realise that enough was enough, we would never have signed these players without their sacrifice.

Gentlemen, I salute you.
5 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:46 am

Wow he needs to put this stat right though asap!
After a decade in top-flight football, Wilshere has played just 166 times in the Premier League, scoring eight times.
0 x

coburn

Postby coburn » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:46 am

Neville Bartos wrote:Is he better than Noble, Kouyate and Obiang?

I would be very surprised, if he isn´t.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 am

coburn wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:Is he better than Noble, Kouyate and Obiang?

I would be very surprised, if he isn´t.

Looks like may spend 40M on Anderson but no one ever knows if a foreign player is going to cut it in the English Premier League.....many big names have failed, Falcao, Veron, Pique etc etc its a gamble of course.

With Wilshere, there is less of a gamble as he will certainly know the division and be able start immediately having an impact. He dictates the tempo of play and though he has not scored that many goals, you watch the ones he has been involved in and the speed of play is incredible. West Ham play better at a higher tempo, last season we had no pace.

For me it is a no brainer of a deal.
2 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:25 am

Well pleased with this one.
The "if" may be a considerable one..... but if he does stay fit, he'll be a huge asset to how MP wants to play.
Yes there's a risk..... but worth it imo.
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Return to “Football Talk”