Antonio

Chat about anything football related here!
aklhammer

Antonio

Postby aklhammer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:37 am

Antonio played some amazing games for us. Why sell him, why give him to another team? Give him another season at least before we give up on him. Plenty of deadweight in the squad we can sell before this fella if we need to generate cash.
3 x

h69

Re: Antonio

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:43 am

There are a lot of reasons I think and most are not football related
0 x

garnett

Postby garnett » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:57 am

I read a report yesterday that our incoming players were direct replacements for Antonio Kouyate and Obiang and they will all be sold, may I remind posters that this is now a squad game, the 3 names should be fighting for their place, replacing them to refill the coffers would leave us light in numbers let alone quality.
2 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:43 am

Got no gripe with selling all three, Antonio hasnt got the attitude to play from the bench and hes hardly got the footballers brain, just a running bulldozer. Kouyate one good season the rest mainly below par, same with Obiang, had potential but never blossomed. If i had to choose to keep only one it would be Obiang.
2 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:46 am

eskimo joe wrote:Got no gripe with selling all three, Antonio hasnt got the attitude to play from the bench and hes hardly got the footballers brain, just a running bulldozer. Kouyate one good season the rest mainly below par, same with Obiang, had potential but never blossomed. If i had to choose to keep only one it would be Obiang.

I think that is the club's opinion Joe. They seem to be more amenable to keeping Obiang.
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:07 am

We probably have to sell someone to balance the upcoming spending.

I'd still like Antonio to stay, we still don't have any natural wingers (though we might soon) and Antonio can also fill in as a striker or a full-back if (or when) the injuries come.

I dunno why it's assumed he's got a bad attitude either, he missed one training session was dropped and apologized afterwards.

Regarding Kouyate and Obiang we can let one go. Snodgrass obviously, Byram and perhaps Reid.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 am

h69 wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:Got no gripe with selling all three, Antonio hasnt got the attitude to play from the bench and hes hardly got the footballers brain, just a running bulldozer. Kouyate one good season the rest mainly below par, same with Obiang, had potential but never blossomed. If i had to choose to keep only one it would be Obiang.

I think that is the club's opinion Joe. They seem to be more amenable to keeping Obiang.

I think this season will be a watershed for Obiang tbh. Some of us on here think he has the potential to become a quality DM player, others think he is a waste of space. With decent players around him, Wilshere particularly should link well with Obiang imo, I am hopeful those of us that see his potential will be proved correct. ;)

As for Antonio. If he starts playing like the bloke who first burst onto the scene I can put up with him being a running bulldozer (a good description imo). He isn't the brightest but he's a big strong beast who could undoubtedly do a job if his head was in the right place. On the other hand if we get the Billy Big Boots he can be shipped out asap.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:41 am

thomasswe wrote:We probably have to sell someone to balance the upcoming spending.

I'd still like Antonio to stay, we still don't have any natural wingers (though we might soon) and Antonio can also fill in as a striker or a full-back if (or when) the injuries come.

I dunno why it's assumed he's got a bad attitude either, he missed one training session was dropped and apologized afterwards.

Regarding Kouyate and Obiang we can let one go. Snodgrass obviously, Byram and perhaps Reid.

Its not just that, he has caused some issues in the dressing room by all accounts.
0 x

mkhammer

Postby mkhammer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:16 am

Always been a big fan of Mickey........reckon he's better than Moses and he's well thought of..
(till he plays for us that is.. :i am genuinely amused: )
He is a defenders nightmare ...when fit and firing....got the added bonus with him of the
aerial threat as well...
Seems to me he got a bit muscle bound....which is no good for a player,could be part of
all the muscle/groin based injuries he has..(had the rib thing which is separate)
Looks like Peller is very much after wide players,and has Holland to take into account as well....
Hope he stays....but looks like he would be a squad player only,not a starter,don't think he
will be happy with that,so will be on his way I reckon..

Personally if he's fit,I wouldn't be looking at replacing him.....very important to us and prob
starts for me...
0 x

aklhammer

Postby aklhammer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:23 am

Antonio makes opposition defense shit bricks, I keep him just for that. Unpredictable and way more exciting than most of the dross in the squad, Please keep.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”