Antonio

Chat about anything football related here!
Vladnar

Re: Antonio

Postby Vladnar » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:36 am

Id certainly prefer him to stay but harmony in the dressing room is a must, as long as pellegringo is pulling the shots im happy for him to do whatever he wants...then at least weve done all we can to help him
0 x

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:01 am

I dont have any problems selling any of our players as long as they are replaced by a better player , which we have done so far this window .

Hart - Fabianski
Byram ? - Fredericks , maybe keep Byram for another season to see how he goes . Zabs isnt getting any younger .
Fonte - Diop
Ginge - Balbuena ?
Out - Reid
Leaves us CB's - Rice , Ogbonna and Oxford . LB's - Cresswell and Masuaku

Snodgrass ? ( nothing saying Snodgrass is out , but hes still shite ) - Yarmolenko ? ( is he a midfielder or wing forward ? )
Kouyate ?- Wilshere
Obiang ? - N'Zonzi or Bruno Fernandes ?
? - Anderson ? ( is he a midfielder or wing forward ? )
Leaves us Lanzini , Noble , Fernandes for sure and maybe a couple from Samuelsen , Haksabanovic , Cullen , Holland , Browne and Quina .
Still think it leaves us a tad lightweight in the midfield playmaking enforcer type role at the moment even if Rice plays there .

Out - Hugill - sooner the better . ?
Antonio ? - I would keep , he looked to heavy needs to lose the bulk .
Leaves us Hernandez - Arnautovic -Carroll
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:17 am

I think I would rather keep Nathan Holland than Antonio now. I hope Holland becomes the next one to break through. Was once called the new Giggs when he was making such an impression at youth level.

I still want to see Declan play at CDM, I heard Ex's Podcast last night and it seems that is where he is playing in training (despite running out at CB on Sat) so I have high hopes.
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:37 am

Clayton wrote:I dont have any problems selling any of our players as long as they are replaced by a better player , which we have done so far this window .

Hart - Fabianski
Byram ? - Fredericks , maybe keep Byram for another season to see how he goes . Zabs isnt getting any younger .
Fonte - Diop
Ginge - Balbuena ?
Out - Reid

Snodgrass ? ( nothing saying Snodgrass is out , but hes still shite ) - Yarmolenko ? ( is he a midfielder or wing forward ? )
Kouyate ?- Wilshere
Leaves us Lanzini , Noble , Fernandes for sure and maybe a couple from Samuelsen , Haksabanovic , Cullen , Holland , Browne and Quina .
Still think it leaves us a tad lightweight in the midfield playmaking enforcer type role at the moment even if Rice plays there .

Nicely summed up!

Think Yarmolenko judging from his clips is an out-n-out winger. Anderson looks like he can operate from the flank or as ACM.

It's not always easy to know where a player plays with all these different formations.

I hsve this feeling Ogbonna might go to make room in the squad and balance the finances if we sign Balbuena, same as with Antonio a player I wouldn't like leaving. But if all these signings happen someone has to go, and I don't think squad players or youngsters will be enough for that both regarding squad size and FFP.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:39 am

Clayton wrote:I dont have any problems selling any of our players as long as they are replaced by a better player , which we have done so far this window .

Can't disagree with the sentiment in your first sentence. But Byram ? I agree Zabaleta isn't getting any younger, but neither is Byram getting any better. And if we do have any likely WB's in the Dev Squad he's simply clogging up a space.

At one time a promising player was a kid barely out of school but Byram will be 25 in September. How much longer do we keep referring to him as one for the future ?

Someone needs to take the bull by the proverbials and send him on his way. For his own career as well as our squad strength.
2 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:24 pm

Whiskyman wrote:

Can't disagree with the sentiment in your first sentence. But Byram ? I agree Zabaleta isn't getting any younger, but neither is Byram getting any better. And if we do have any likely WB's in the Dev Squad he's simply clogging up a space.

At one time a promising player was a kid barely out of school but Byram will be 25 in September. How much longer do we keep referring to him as one for the future ?

Someone needs to take the bull by the proverbials and send him on his way. For his own career as well as our squad strength.

I agree , concerning Byram , just that I havnt seen any mention of him being sold , recently the only ones mentioned who we are willing to listen to offers for are Antonio , Kouyate and Obiang . Would like to see us offload Reid , Byram , Snodgrass , Hugill and Carroll aswell .
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:00 pm

I don't think there's any ingerest in Carroll with his injury record, I think he'll be here til his contract runs out.

Still when fit he's useful, both as an impact dub and the occational start when his body allows him his to, he'll always get a few goals.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm

Clayton wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I agree , concerning Byram , just that I havnt seen any mention of him being sold , recently the only ones mentioned who we are willing to listen to offers for are Antonio , Kouyate and Obiang . Would like to see us offload Reid , Byram , Snodgrass , Hugill and Carroll aswell .

Sounds like Hugill may go to Leeds....loan with a view to a permanent.
0 x

brookingslovechild

Postby brookingslovechild » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Hart - Fabianski
Fonte - Diop
Ginge - Balbuena ?
Out - Reid

Kouyate ?- Wilshere

well played dude, would tend to agree with everything mentioned , and wholeheartedly agree the midfield looks light.....its a bit scary to be doing business this early and seemingly getting some decent players thru the door, not our style at all..but i quite like it.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:12 pm

thomasswe wrote:I don't think there's any ingerest in Carroll with his injury record, I think he'll be here til his contract runs out.

Still when fit he's useful, both as an impact dub and the occational start when his body allows him his to, he'll always get a few goals.

Apparently the dwarf's sprog told him there was interest from Juventus. But the poor little love is dyslexic and it turned out the enquiry was from Fray Bentos, the meat company and not the Italian football club. Shame.
1 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Return to “Football Talk”