Antonio

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Hammertime
Posts: 1184
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm

Re: Antonio

Postby Hammertime » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:23 pm

mkhammer wrote:Always been a big fan of Mickey........reckon he's better than Moses and he's well thought of..
(till he plays for us that is.. :i am genuinely amused: )
He is a defenders nightmare ...when fit and firing....got the added bonus with him of the
aerial threat as well...
Seems to me he got a bit muscle bound....which is no good for a player,could be part of
all the muscle/groin based injuries he has..(had the rib thing which is separate)
Looks like Peller is very much after wide players,and has Holland to take into account as well....
Hope he stays....but looks like he would be a squad player only,not a starter,don't think he
will be happy with that,so will be on his way I reckon..

Personally if he's fit,I wouldn't be looking at replacing him.....very important to us and prob
starts for me...


Funny you compare him to Moses, whose career went to another level when he was deployed as a rwb in a 3-5-2, as that's exactly what Antonio is built for. He needs to develop the defensive traits to go with existing maurading attacking ones, while being fit enough to play 90m. My feeling is that he won't adapt to that role as he now considers himself an attacking winger & therefore a waste in a system that already has ; Arnie & Chicha up front & potentially Yarmalenko & Anderson to join.

Therefore we should probably sell him.
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2855
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: Antonio

Postby h69 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:28 am

Hammertime wrote:
mkhammer wrote:Always been a big fan of Mickey........reckon he's better than Moses and he's well thought of..
(till he plays for us that is.. :i am genuinely amused: )
He is a defenders nightmare ...when fit and firing....got the added bonus with him of the
aerial threat as well...
Seems to me he got a bit muscle bound....which is no good for a player,could be part of
all the muscle/groin based injuries he has..(had the rib thing which is separate)
Looks like Peller is very much after wide players,and has Holland to take into account as well....
Hope he stays....but looks like he would be a squad player only,not a starter,don't think he
will be happy with that,so will be on his way I reckon..

Personally if he's fit,I wouldn't be looking at replacing him.....very important to us and prob
starts for me...


Funny you compare him to Moses, whose career went to another level when he was deployed as a rwb in a 3-5-2, as that's exactly what Antonio is built for. He needs to develop the defensive traits to go with existing maurading attacking ones, while being fit enough to play 90m. My feeling is that he won't adapt to that role as he now considers himself an attacking winger & therefore a waste in a system that already has ; Arnie & Chicha up front & potentially Yarmalenko & Anderson to join.

Therefore we should probably sell him.


and got into a huge sulk when deployed there by Bilic.
0 x

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3211
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: Antonio

Postby mkhammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:48 am

h69 wrote:
Hammertime wrote:
Funny you compare him to Moses, whose career went to another level when he was deployed as a rwb in a 3-5-2, as that's exactly what Antonio is built for. He needs to develop the defensive traits to go with existing maurading attacking ones, while being fit enough to play 90m. My feeling is that he won't adapt to that role as he now considers himself an attacking winger & therefore a waste in a system that already has ; Arnie & Chicha up front & potentially Yarmalenko & Anderson to join.

Therefore we should probably sell him.


and got into a huge sulk when deployed there by Bilic.


Yes looking at the type of players we're signing,it's looking hard for him to get in,to good
for bench,so will be off......shame, like I said really like him a lot....
Not to forget he was a left sided attacking player when we got him,got switched cos
Payet preferred that side...(played well in the LWB role when Massa was out)

Never really got the billy big boots tag or the sulks TBH....always seems to give his all
to me where ever he plays......one of the things I like about him..
2 x

User avatar
OZHAMMER
Posts: 1015
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 7:41 am
Location: OBERON

Re: Antonio

Postby OZHAMMER » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:13 pm

How’s the British quota looking? Must be getting a bit thin now?
0 x

User avatar
Hammertime
Posts: 1184
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm

Re: Antonio

Postby Hammertime » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:23 pm

aklhammer wrote:Antonio makes opposition defense shit bricks, I keep him just for that. Unpredictable and way more exciting than most of the dross in the squad, Please keep.



I would also add that a player thats been out injured for 6 months is not going to attract his full sale price. However if he gets fit for the start of the season and shows any form by the next transfer window ( the silly one!) you could easily add 10 mill to that price tag.
0 x

User avatar
andyginbrasil
Posts: 2042
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 am
Location: Brasil

Re: Antonio

Postby andyginbrasil » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:49 pm

OZHAMMER wrote:How’s the British quota looking? Must be getting a bit thin now?

We have a few that can be promoted to the first team squad to make up our quota of 8
Antonio,Byram,Carroll,Cresswell,Makasi,Noble,Cullen,Rice,Oxford,Hugill,Fredericks,Wilshire,Snodgrass,Quina,Samuelsen,Holland
Even if we sell the likes of Antonio,Byram and Hugill we would still have cover, so at the moment I don't think its a major problem.
1 x

User avatar
BCHammer
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:23 pm
Location: Vancouver BC

Re: Antonio

Postby BCHammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:08 pm

I love Antonio and would be absolutely gutted if he left.

I think its a clean slate for everyone. Who knows what went on in that dressing room last season, must have been very unsettling anyway with the drawn out Slav departure, then the sweaty one who everyone knew was just a stopgap and played dreary football. Most of us know what its like to have a crap boss, clueless management and toxic working environment from the top down at some point, which affects your mood, attitude and performance, footballers are no different just because of the wages.

But if 20m+ is going to be thrown around, then it would probably be too good to refuse as long as we have the replacements in.

Also remember he is a south Londoner, so Palace would be a natural fit for him - kinda like Jack "coming home"
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5758
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: Antonio

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:14 am

BCHammer wrote:I love Antonio and would be absolutely gutted if he left.

Also remember he is a south Londoner, so Palace would be a natural fit for him - kinda like Jack "coming home"


Well that explains his performance at Selhurst Park last season mate. ;)
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2855
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex

Re: Antonio

Postby h69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:53 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
OZHAMMER wrote:How’s the British quota looking? Must be getting a bit thin now?

We have a few that can be promoted to the first team squad to make up our quota of 8
Antonio,Byram,Carroll,Cresswell,Makasi,Noble,Cullen,Rice,Oxford,Hugill,Fredericks,Wilshire,Snodgrass,Quina,Samuelsen,Holland
Even if we sell the likes of Antonio,Byram and Hugill we would still have cover, so at the moment I don't think its a major problem.


Sell Antonio, Byram and Hugill, Add Holland, Wilshere and Fredericks to the squad
0 x

User avatar
brookingslovechild
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 10:39 am
Location: Manchester

Re: Antonio

Postby brookingslovechild » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:46 am

BCHammer wrote:I love Antonio and would be absolutely gutted if he left.

I think its a clean slate for everyone. Who knows what went on in that dressing room last season, must have been very unsettling anyway with the drawn out Slav departure, then the sweaty one who everyone knew was just a stopgap and played dreary football. Most of us know what its like to have a crap boss, clueless management and toxic working environment from the top down at some point, which affects your mood, attitude and performance, footballers are no different just because of the wages.

But if 20m+ is going to be thrown around, then it would probably be too good to refuse as long as we have the replacements in.

Also remember he is a south Londoner, so Palace would be a natural fit for him - kinda like Jack "coming home"


tend to agree BC, other than i wouldnt sell for less than 25/30m. We generally, it seems sell our players for less than market value. Overall i would prefer to keep, he is a useful sub to have and can be an unpredictable game changer on his day and we aren't blessed with those in the squad. Also i like him and when he is firing he seems good for the team moral.
1 x


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests