Another Leicester Story?

Chat about anything football related here!
Ngugi Rick

Another Leicester Story?

Postby Ngugi Rick » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:05 am

Is it just me or is everyone having a go at thinking that may be, just may be, we may leave the world with it's jaws dropped. Of course after the first friendly 2 days ago, I'm sure I am the only one thinking that we may be title contenders.

However just as LCFC, we have a coach with great experience(no disrespect to Ranieri but I believe that Pelle might as well be miles ahead). Pellegrini's CV speaks for itself and I believe that's why the two Daves went for him to show the intent the club has in conquring Europe and not just England.

Key to LCFC's success was the great midfield presence they had. A midfield with a creative maestro and a war horse in the form of a defensive midfielder. This was key in linking their attack and their defence leading to them being a cohesive unit in both defense and attack. With the signing of Filipe Anderson looming(considering that Manu isn't fit to play atleast for half of the season) and the upcoming partnership of Jack and Mr. Westham, I believe we are not far off from being similar to the team that won the title three seasons ago. We also have a beefed up defence and a strike force that may be woken with the arrival of the new manager.

The owners acts of generosity and not the shrewdness that saw them face harsh criticism last season, is also a key factor for this great ambition.

For now I'll keep waiting and hoping for the best. I also hope to get atleast someone to share similar optimism.

COYI!!!
whufc_crest :)
Last edited by Ngugi Rick on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

OZHAMMER

Re: Another Leicester Story?

Postby OZHAMMER » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:09 am

Mate, I think you’ve forgotten the seven key injuries we’ll pick up within a week of the transfer window closing.

But I see your point and share your optimism, not necessarily for the title, but definitely for an enjoyable season.

Looking forward to it already.
1 x

h69

Postby h69 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:12 am

Ngugi Rick wrote:Is it just me or is everyone having a go at thinking that may be, just may be, we may leave the world with it's jaws dropped. Of course after the first friendly 2 days ago, I'm sure I am the only one thinking that we may be title contenders.

However just as LCFC, we have a coach with great experience(no disrespect to Ranieri but I believe that Pelle might as well be miles ahead). Pellegrini's CV speaks for itself and I believe that's why the two Daves went for him to show the intent the club has in conquring Europe and not just England.

Key to LCFC's success was the great midfield presence they had. A midfield with a creative maestro and a war horse in the form of a defensive midfielder. This was key in linking their attack and their defence leading to them being a cohesive unit in both defense and attack. With the signing of Filipe Anderson looming(considering that Manu isn't fit to play atleast for half of the season) and the upcoming partnership of Jack and Mr. Westham, I believe we are not far off from being similar to the team that won the title three seasons ago. We also have a beefed up defence and a strike force that may be woken with the arrival of the new manager.

The owners acts of generosity and not the shrewdness that saw them face harsh criticism last season, is also a key factor for this great ambition.

For now I'll keep waiting and hoping for the best. I also hope to get atleast someone to share similar optimism.

COYI!!!

:i am genuinely amused: I doubt anyone will get near to Man City this year and Liverpool, Arse and Tottenham will likely be strong. We have a chance of a top 8 finish but nothing more I would think.

As far as preseason, that means nothing. So far its a fitness exercise so it really is moot but I doubt there will be too many more cases of a Leicester situation in the PL.

One can always dream though but as fans we often make negatives much worse than they are and get over carried away with positives where the reality almost always lands in the middle. That is much the same everywhere.

I reckon we wont know how good we are until about a month in when the players get properly match fit and get used to whatever system we are playing
2 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:45 am

Every of the big clubs would have to have and off season for that to happen. Remember spuds where title contenders the year leicester won and in all fairness desoite their success these past years the title should be out of their reach too.

Clubs like Man city, chelsea, man u and to some extent liverpool and arsenal all spend much more money and have players all over the would wanting to join them but sometimes even that isn't enough and a few of them have a shit season (by their standard) each year.

It could be a while before that happening again but as proven with leicester, it's never impossible.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Manchester City will win the league with Spurs trailing them in second place. Manchester United will come third, having spent more bucketloads of the Glazers' cash and Mourinho will be sacked. Liverpool will finish fourth and will demand a rerun of the entire season, blaming Sergio Ramos for their failure to challenge for the title. Chelsea and Arsenal will self destruct and may well miss out on the Europa League, unless they win one of the pots, which will leave those spaces up for grabs. I hope we make a meaningful challenge for a Europa League spot and, under Pellegrini, I am hopeful-ish. Although being West Ham anything can, and probably will, happen.

If there, is a god Wilfred Zaha will fuck off somewhere where his obnoxious play acting will not be frowned upon, Bournemouth and their bloody awful supporters and sanctimonious cunt of a manager will be relegated, along with Crystal Palace and Cardiff City. Liverpool will not win the Champions league and will once again blame Sergio Ramos despite avoiding Real Madrid in the group stages from which they failed to qualify. A national day of mourning will, of course, follow, date to be announced.

And Huddersfield will bottle their playing style and sell it as a cure for insomnia generating massive wealth for the club which they will say they hope to spend on someone who actually knows how to find the opposition's penalty area. Everton will continue to claim they are a massive club and will once again win fuck all, ditto Newcastle.

As for this forum Newmarket will forsake everything West Ham and become a Leeds supporter so he can watch football, Bielsa style. This will last until the second week of the season when Bielsa will walk out claiming he dislikes Yorkshire tea, Yorkshire pudding and Yorkshire terriers. He will take over as England manager from Lord Southgate who will be elevated to the peerage following England's world cup performances and made responsible for the Brexit negotiations.

Unfortunately Bielsa will oversee England's failure to qualify for Euro 2020 and blame Southgate claiming he thought getting England knocked out was what Brexit meant. In true F A fashion he was relieved of his position as national coach and promoted to be in charge of football development.

Finally Anthony Taylor will make history by being the first onfield referee to show a red card to the VAR official.
2 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Ngugi Rick wrote:Is it just me or is everyone having a go at thinking that may be, just may be, we may leave the world with it's jaws dropped. Of course after the first friendly 2 days ago, I'm sure I am the only one thinking that we may be title contenders.

COYI!!!

I was enjoying your read until you put Mr Westham in midfield. Isn't that and hasn't it been the problem for the last few years picking players not on ability but who you are. Germany found that out to their cost. The world cup has shown one thing above all and that's pace is the key and I'm afraid if your Mr Westham is anyway near our midfield we haven't progressed at all and will get ripped apart by the sides with pace and that's nothing personal against anyone.
3 x

Towie

Postby Towie » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:02 pm

I think that is the optimistic post i’ve Ever read on here. :i am genuinely amused:

It is the polar opposite of a numbers post.
1 x

cockneyhammer

Postby cockneyhammer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:24 pm

as much chance as a pork pie in a synagogue
1 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:53 pm

COYI!!!

If we were to sign Anderson and the other fella to compliment Wilshere we'd have a very fine team I'm sure

lineup.png
lineup.png (132.65 KiB) Viewed 244 times
1 x

Castiron

Postby Castiron » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:05 pm

You tell 'em mate. The Prem trophie's coming home.
1 x

Return to “Football Talk”