Another Leicester Story?

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Another Leicester Story?

Postby mkhammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 am

h69 wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

Funny thing.....in all the transfer activity....the role we needed most and I would have spent the
most on...the DMF....is not even ,from what I see anyway being looked at.....so it seems
were gonna have a completely new Defence apart from Cress/Massa,with Ricey pretty much
guaranteed in that role....have a feeling Oggys in for some bench time as well,seems to
be looking a lot at CDs....so less he plays a 3.....which works for me...
Would go all in for Lascelles 30mill+.......unload Reidy and or Oxford to help fund it maybe..

Certainly need to be getting some players out soon,at least know if we can or going to have
some cash coming in...

Rice has apparently been playing in DM in training matches in Switzerland. Holland may well get some game time this season. I've only seen him play once or twice but he looks superquick.

Interesting/Exciting times ahead for us........not for the first time..... :i am genuinely amused:

Lets hope THIS TIME.................................
2 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:02 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Makes sense I guess. If we bring in the Paraguayan we will have him, Diop, Ogbonna, Reid, Oxford & Rice (although I hope he plays in midfield tbh) all pushing for the CD role. Personally if we do manage to pull off the Lascelles deal (my understanding from a Geordieland contact is that Newcastle have rejected at 25 million bid) I'd rather see Oxford go than Ogbonna.

But all speculation at the moment anyway. ;)

However, nice to see the nucleus of a decent squad forming. On paper at least.

Funny thing.....in all the transfer activity....the role we needed most and I would have spent the
most on...the DMF....is not even ,from what I see anyway being looked at.....so it seems
were gonna have a completely new Defence apart from Cress/Massa,with Ricey pretty much
guaranteed in that role....have a feeling Oggys in for some bench time as well,seems to
Would go all in for Lascelles 30mill+.......unload Reidy and or Oxford to help fund it maybe..

Certainly need to be getting some players out soon,at least know if we can or going to have
some cash coming in...

Apparently it is being looked at mate and the club very much have one player in mind on loan although I don't have a Scooby who
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:54 pm

mkhammer wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:
Makes sense I guess. If we bring in the Paraguayan we will have him, Diop, Ogbonna, Reid, Oxford & Rice (although I hope he plays in midfield tbh) all pushing for the CD role. Personally if we do manage to pull off the Lascelles deal (my understanding from a Geordieland contact is that Newcastle have rejected at 25 million bid) I'd rather see Oxford go than Ogbonna.

But all speculation at the moment anyway. ;)

However, nice to see the nucleus of a decent squad forming. On paper at least.

some cash coming in...

The fact a DMF hasn't been brought in leads me to think that possibly a DM partnership of Obiang & Rice might be what we can look forward to. Or maybe we're just waiting for Casemiro to return to training so we can make a cheeky offer to the Madridistas. ;)
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
mkhammer wrote:

some cash coming in...

The fact a DMF hasn't been brought in leads me to think that possibly a DM partnership of Obiang & Rice might be what we can look forward to. Or maybe we're just waiting for Casemiro to return to training so we can make a cheeky offer to the Madridistas. ;)

They certainly look like they want Rice to play there. Thats a good thing in my opinion.
2 x

BCHammer

Postby BCHammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:18 pm

The board are finally putting some trousers with the mouth.

We need to be aiming for top 6.

Chelsea are in turmoil, their four best players will probably all be gone.

Gooners are not much better off, yes Wenger has gone, but so have all the staff, the place is turned upside down which is a big deal after that long. Emery is going to have his work cut out, it is going to be far harder to replace Wenger than they ever imagine and not just on the touchline for 90 mins.

Everton still have a lot to do to become a cohesive unit and I remain unconvinced by Silva and I view them as our main challenger - can Burnley really repeat last season, particularly with Europa footy? Mahrez has left Leicester, so they are weaker.

Its now or never if we want to be someone - and I like what Im seeing, but just waiting for something or someone to cock it all up.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:58 pm

BCHammer wrote:The board are finally putting some trousers with the mouth.

We need to be aiming for top 6.

Chelsea are in turmoil, their four best players will probably all be gone.

Gooners are not much better off, yes Wenger has gone, but so have all the staff, the place is turned upside down which is a big deal after that long. Emery is going to have his work cut out, it is going to be far harder to replace Wenger than they ever imagine and not just on the touchline for 90 mins.

Everton still have a lot to do to become a cohesive unit and I remain unconvinced by Silva and I view them as our main challenger - can Burnley really repeat last season, particularly with Europa footy? Mahrez has left Leicester, so they are weaker.

Its now or never if we want to be someone - and I like what Im seeing, but just waiting for something or someone to cock it all up.

Everything you have said there is true imo. I might be proved wrong but I think we could be back to a big 4, at least next season, which is why all this "I'll be happy with top 10" acceptance of failure from some sections of our fanbase is doing me in. Sure a comfortable top 10 finish would be an improvement on last season, but accept it ? Never in a million years.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

Neville Bartos

Postby Neville Bartos » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Not sure I see Rice and Obiang in the deeper MF roles.
For my money it's Rice as the enforcer and Wilshere as playmaker.
I don't imagine Hernandez will be on the bench, otherwise he'd be off. And surely it's Arnautovic, Yarmolenko and (assuming we get him) Anderson in attack with him?
Pace, power and finishing with Wilshere pulling the strings from deep.
1 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Neville Bartos wrote:Not sure I see Rice and Obiang in the deeper MF roles.
For my money it's Rice as the enforcer and Wilshere as playmaker.
I don't imagine Hernandez will be on the bench, otherwise he'd be off. And surely it's Arnautovic, Yarmolenko and (assuming we get him) Anderson in attack with him?
Pace, power and finishing with Wilshere pulling the strings from deep.

Thats how I see it as well Neville .
0 x

Dicksies Diner

Postby Dicksies Diner » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:22 am

Ngugi Rick wrote:Is it just me or is everyone having a go at thinking that may be, just may be, we may leave the world with it's jaws dropped. Of course after the first friendly 2 days ago, I'm sure I am the only one thinking that we may be title contenders.

However just as LCFC, we have a coach with great experience(no disrespect to Ranieri but I believe that Pelle might as well be miles ahead). Pellegrini's CV speaks for itself and I believe that's why the two Daves went for him to show the intent the club has in conquring Europe and not just England.

Key to LCFC's success was the great midfield presence they had. A midfield with a creative maestro and a war horse in the form of a defensive midfielder. This was key in linking their attack and their defence leading to them being a cohesive unit in both defense and attack. With the signing of Filipe Anderson looming(considering that Manu isn't fit to play atleast for half of the season) and the upcoming partnership of Jack and Mr. Westham, I believe we are not far off from being similar to the team that won the title three seasons ago. We also have a beefed up defence and a strike force that may be woken with the arrival of the new manager.

The owners acts of generosity and not the shrewdness that saw them face harsh criticism last season, is also a key factor for this great ambition.

For now I'll keep waiting and hoping for the best. I also hope to get atleast someone to share similar optimism.

COYI!!!
whufc_crest :)

I canna invest in this idea.... So unfortunately. ImOut.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

Return to “Football Talk”