France v Belgium

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: France v Belgium

Postby Clayton » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Alfiehammer wrote:Think that's one of the best games I've seen pogba play

me too !
0 x

Shortshanks

Postby Shortshanks » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:59 pm

I thought Giroud was pretty weak. I know there were non footballing issues but it was a huge mistake not taking Benzema.
0 x

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:46 pm

Shortshanks wrote:I thought Giroud was pretty weak. I know there were non footballing issues but it was a huge mistake not taking Benzema.

Giroud is an overachieving donkey that is made to look even more cumbersome around the likes of Griezman and Mbappe. Not sure how England would get through that French mid and defense if we made the final? Still, first things first.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Gonzo wrote:
thomasswe wrote:Mbappe has got to be the most exiting player to watch in football today

Yep, I can see what all the fuss is about.

When Messi and Ronaldo finally hang up their boots Mbappe will, imo, be the player everyone will then talk about as the best in the world. A bit unfair on some of the terrific midfielders we've seen (how did Iniesta never win a ballon d'or?) but that accolade tends to be reserved for strikers.
1 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

andyginbrasil

Postby andyginbrasil » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:14 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

Yep, I can see what all the fuss is about.

When Messi and Ronaldo finally hang up their boots Mbappe will, imo, be the player everyone will then talk about as the best in the world. A bit unfair on some of the terrific midfielders we've seen (how did Iniesta never win a ballon d'or?) but that accolade tends to be reserved for strikers.

I think that Mbappe is the stand alone candidate this WC for player of the tournament, he has really shone, and contributed in every game he has played in.
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:22 am

andyginbrasil wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

I think that Mbappe is the stand alone candidate this WC for player of the tournament, he has really shone, and contributed in every game he has played in.

I hope for my yongest grandson's sake he goes to Barcelona but I feel sure he is Madrid bound.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Chicken Runner

Postby Chicken Runner » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:29 am

I thought Belgium were poor today.
Debroyne, Lukaku, were well below par and a few more went missing. They seemed to run out of ideas in the end.
0 x

Marco Boogers Boots

Postby Marco Boogers Boots » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:03 am

A lack of depth cost Belgium imo. They’ve got a “golden” first 11, not this full generation they keep banging on about.

Chadli as a right back, in a World Cup semifinal? Do me a favour! And how the fuck Dembele stayed on for so long is beyond me. Too slow, kept giving the ball away and committing countless fouls.
0 x

thomasswe

Postby thomasswe » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:39 am

poor tactics from Martinez actually, went about it the same qay as against Brazil where the tactics worked.

How Mertens didn't start is beyond me, and there were several other quastionable selections aswell
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:54 am

thomasswe wrote:poor tactics from Martinez actually, went about it the same qay as against Brazil where the tactics worked.

How Mertens didn't start is beyond me, and there were several other quastionable selections aswell

Yeah....classic Martinez side. Mertens is their player of the year yet was on the bench and they suffer from having some good players mixed in with some rubbish ones (Chadli springs to mind). A bit like Wales.

and once again, Lukaku and Hazard went missing when it really mattered.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”