Is it just me?

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Is it just me?

Postby deanox » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:17 am

Haven’t heard fuck all from the Dave’s, good signings with the promise of even more, top rank manager....is it just me or is anyone else actually getting a bit excited for the new season to start.
Granted we probably won’t win fuck all this year but I think a good solid top 8 and the promise of good signings next season could see me maybe even enjoy watching our shower of shit for the first time in donkeys years . ;) ⚒⚒⚒ COYI
6 x
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

OZHAMMER

Re: Is it just me?

Postby OZHAMMER » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:36 am

The Dave’s are quiet. The English are doing well. Plenty of quality signings. The Noble-bashing has gone quiet. All of the Thai kids got out of the cave alive.

We’ve got a lot to be happy about. :D
3 x

Hammershark

Postby Hammershark » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:38 am

I’m sure it’s not just you i am genuinely amused.
I’m really looking forward to this season, life under Pellegrini should be 1000,000 times better than the crap we have had to suffer for most of the last two years.
I have had to literally force myself to go to the stadium at times as it’s been so dull, defensive and often embarrassing.
Playing defensively is one thing but boring us and still letting in loadsa goals while playing that way was just stupidity at the highest level.
Even if we still let some goals in under Pellegrini at least we will have some fun in the opponents half for a change, win lose or draw at least some entertainment... and that’s the way it should be.
Come on you Irons !
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 am

deanox wrote:Haven’t heard fuck all from the Dave’s, good signings with the promise of even more, top rank manager....is it just me or is anyone else actually getting a bit excited for the new season to start.
Granted we probably won’t win fuck all this year but I think a good solid top 8 and the promise of good signings next season could see me maybe even enjoy watching our shower of shit for the first time in donkeys years . ;) ⚒⚒⚒ COYI

Actually qualifying for the Europa League would be a bonus but at least there are signs that the club is at last being run progressively and, hopefully, more professionally. I will be happy with steady, year on year improvement tbh. Europa League would be a bonus in MP's first season. A lot will depend on whether Chelsea and Arsenal implode. Chelsea always seem to be a soap opera but they usually come out of it smelling of roses but I have a feeling Emery won't go down too well at Arsenal. He like to run a tight ship apparently which is a long way removed from Wenger's apparently more relaxed style. If those clubs do start to wobble places 5 & 6 are within reach for the rest.
0 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

only1salty

Postby only1salty » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:41 am

Whiskyman wrote:
deanox wrote:Haven’t heard fuck all from the Dave’s, good signings with the promise of even more, top rank manager....is it just me or is anyone else actually getting a bit excited for the new season to start.

Actually qualifying for the Europa League would be a bonus but at least there are signs that the club is at last being run progressively and, hopefully, more professionally. I will be happy with steady, year on year improvement tbh. Europa League would be a bonus in MP's first season. A lot will depend on whether Chelsea and Arsenal implode. Chelsea always seem to be a soap opera but they usually come out of it smelling of roses but I have a feeling Emery won't go down too well at Arsenal. He like to run a tight ship apparently which is a long way removed from Wenger's apparently more relaxed style. If those clubs do start to wobble places 5 & 6 are within reach for the rest.

So going from relegation fodder and just pulling clear to even talking about 5th or 6th

Realistic?

Unrealistic expectations kill the atmosphere and dampen the mood. Its the reason people have got behind the England team. No one expected that squad to get beyond the last 16.

A season of decent football and mid table stability would be a big improvement, both results and entertainment wise.
0 x

Gonzo

Postby Gonzo » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:54 am

I'm excited mate and yes they have kept quiet but if we are in the top 8 after 10 games I'd expect them to start crowing
0 x

Whiskyman

Postby Whiskyman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:11 am

only1salty wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

So going from relegation fodder and just pulling clear to even talking about 5th or 6th

Realistic?

Unrealistic expectations kill the atmosphere and dampen the mood. Its the reason people have got behind the England team. No one expected that squad to get beyond the last 16.

A season of decent football and mid table stability would be a big improvement, both results and entertainment wise.

Nothing wrong with ambition and having challenging targets. If you read my post you will see that I think 5th or 6th place is only likely to be achievable if Chelsea and Arsenal self destruct. I do actually believe that could happen which, given the overall mediocrity of the PL we have all seen, outside the top clubs of course, would open up those places for two new kids on the block to fill.
2 x
People who claim to be modest usually have a lot to be modest about.

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:27 am

only1salty wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Realistic?

8-10th would be an improvement and I would be fine with that, anything above that would be a bonus.
3 x

Jacko1966

Postby Jacko1966 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:53 am

h69 wrote:
only1salty wrote:

Realistic?

8-10th would be an improvement and I would be fine with that, anything above that would be a bonus.

In full agreement with that. After the past two seasons I'd consider top 10 a good result. With the signings we've made, and those rumoured to be about to happen (IF they happen), I will be feeling rather more optimistic about our chances than I have for some time.
1 x

Baddowhammer

Postby Baddowhammer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 am

I reckon someone has kidnapped the Dave's got their card and pin no.and gone on a spending spree,or Pelle misinterpreted Sullivan's £7.5mill net as spend what you want me old mucker. COYI
4 x

Return to “Football Talk”