Andriy Yarmolenko is a West Ham player it appears

Chat about anything football related here!
ticker

Re: Andriy Yarmolenko is a West Ham player it appears

Postby ticker » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Fabianski
Fredericks Balbuena Diop masuaku
Antonio/Anderson Rice Wilshere Yarmolenko
Little pea arnie
Subs:Adrian Zabaleta ogbonna cresswell obiang noble carroll/Holland
2 x

ToneLoc

Postby ToneLoc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Get in.
I love a bit o business.....
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

Clayton

Postby Clayton » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:13 pm

0 x

BillyDWhizz

Postby BillyDWhizz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:15 pm

Why's everyone playing Yarmalenko on the left? He's a right winger! 93 goals 71 assists in 203 games in that position suggest we should keep him there!

He's ok on the LW - 20 goals 17 assists in 73 games, but still...Those RW stats are pretty damn impressive so that's where I'd be starting him week in, week out.
2 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

ticker

Postby ticker » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:05 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:Why's everyone playing Yarmalenko on the left? He's a right winger! 93 goals 71 assists in 203 games in that position suggest we should keep him there!

He's ok on the LW - 20 goals 17 assists in 73 games, but still...Those RW stats are pretty damn impressive so that's where I'd be starting him week in, week out.

Only because he’s left footed but the way things are shaping up Anderson Arnie and Yarmolenko will be so fluid they can pull defences all over the place.
0 x

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:09 pm

BillyDWhizz wrote:Why's everyone playing Yarmalenko on the left? He's a right winger! 93 goals 71 assists in 203 games in that position suggest we should keep him there!

Yeah it does get a tad confusing from player to player re: left/right footed v left/right wing. Anderson is right/right (I believe) as has been Antonio to this point (despite him previously playing on the left) and Arnie had been primarily right/left

The fullbacks aren't put through this as they're trying to stop crosses down their respective flanks and push the attack to a crowded inside - thus making it necessary to flip the attackers preferred foot! However, if you're changing tact and putting AC up top, you need crosses into the box or well placed diagonals. So do you flip your wingers or just make strategic subs and push your fullbacks up to supply these crosses. That's Pellegrinis headache!
0 x

IronsForever

Postby IronsForever » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Clayton wrote:
IronsForever wrote:..............................................................FABIANSKI...........................................

......FREDERICKS....................RICE............................DIOP....................................MASUAKU.............

........................................Noble..........................obiang...............................................

.............................................................whilshire.......................................
..................................Anderson............Arnie....................Yarmelenko................

I respect your comments usually mate but having Noble and Obiang as holding midfielders in a pellegrini system is frankly laughable :shock: ( is that comment over the top ?). I cannot see either of them capable of covering the forward runs of Fredericks or Masuaku , and as for those key passes to turn defense into attack which of them has the speed of thought or the ability to make them . I can see Pellegrini playing Wiltshire alongside a proper holding midfielder like Steven N’Zonzi , with Yarmelenko , Anderson , Arnie and Hernandez up front depending on the opponent , whether in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2 formation .

Hopefully with that offensive line up Clay the right and left back wont need to do much in their half.Thus using them more for a counter attack.
Obviously if we get another player into the DM role they would go str8 in. But i can see us getting anderson and that will most likely be the end of the spending. Unless we unload a few.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Hammertime

Postby Hammertime » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:17 pm

Also somewhat interesting that Yarmalenko couldn't get in the Dortmund side, on the right wing, ahead of the American Pusliic. Only injuries to the the latter afforded him playing time last season and is a big reason they offloaded.
0 x

h69

Postby h69 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Hammertime wrote:Also somewhat interesting that Yarmalenko couldn't get in the Dortmund side, on the right wing, ahead of the American Pusliic. Only injuries to the the latter afforded him playing time last season and is a big reason they offloaded.

Was injuries to the former that caused the issue and then Dortmund were in a mess.

Interestingly the Dortmund fans seem sad to see him go despite him not really hitting it off there....I wonder why ?

Worth signing just for this v Spurs :
0 x

Ron Manager

Postby Ron Manager » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:26 pm

IronsForever wrote:..............................................................FABIANSKI...........................................

......FREDERICKS....................RICE............................DIOP....................................MASUAKU.............

........................................Noble..........................obiang...............................................

.............................................................whilshire.......................................
..................................Anderson............Arnie....................Yarmelenko................

I was wondering why Fabian Balbuena didn't feature. Maybe you either forgot, or only class him as a bench warmer. Either way, he's only played 7 times in 3 years for his country. I've heard he's good, but it's doubtful he'd get a work permit. So Ogbonna alongside Diop in the back 4 for me.

Pushing Rice up into a DF role alongside either Noble or Obiang.

IF the Anderson deal gets done, and I still have my doubts then I agree with the rest. An exciting team.
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”