What’s financing this new found spending power

Chat about anything football related here!
Alfiehammer

What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby Alfiehammer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:44 am

Probably alone in thinking this, but exactly where is all this money coming from? It’s known and proved the move to the OS only generates an extra 10-11 million PA.

I do hope we aren’t getting saddled with huge debts just to shut some idiots up. Or it’s not some evil fuck you from sully either
0 x

Neville Bartos

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby Neville Bartos » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 am

I think it's called being tight fisted for the last two seasons.
Imagine if you will an average PL team spending about £40m a season (net) on transfers.

Now if you spend less than half of that for two seasons, add in a player sale or two that wasn't reinvested, and add on £40m for the current season... dah dahhhh, a £90m transfer kitty.
4 x
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Alfiehammer

Postby Alfiehammer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 am

Neville Bartos wrote:I think it's called being tight fisted for the last two seasons.
Imagine if you will an average PL team spending about £40m a season (net) on transfers.

Now if you spend less than half of that for two seasons, add in a player sale or two that wasn't reinvested, and add on £40m for the current season... dah dahhhh, a £90m transfer kitty.

I’m hoping that’s it. The conspiracy theory pessimist in me has a worry we are being saddled with a lot of debt to keep the baying hordes away. If you make interest on debt and plan to sell one day, that’s not too implausible.
0 x

aklhammer

Postby aklhammer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:18 am

Pitchforks. They didn't like it up Castle van Sulli.
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:51 am

Alfiehammer wrote:
Neville Bartos wrote:I think it's called being tight fisted for the last two seasons.

I’m hoping that’s it. The conspiracy theory pessimist in me has a worry we are being saddled with a lot of debt to keep the baying hordes away. If you make interest on debt and plan to sell one day, that’s not too implausible.

Wouldnt that sort of lower the selling price, i mean if i were buying i would make sure that the loans were the sum of the valued price and not on top of it. So in essence they can take the loan payment straight from the purchase price.

Im sure someone with the savvy can pick holes in that.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

terrya1965

Postby terrya1965 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:56 am

I don`t think they trusted the other managers with the money,where MP has a pedigree.
1 x

only1salty

Postby only1salty » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:03 am

Exactly this ^^^^

Club made £40m profit last season and net spend was less than £1m (16th in PL). Hence the margin is £40m for transfers. Over 2 seasons gives you £80m even without going back further.

If the excuse is they employed a manager they didn't trust then the board are at fault - I wouldnt employ anyone I didn't trust.

Either way - its been a positive summer so far - just need that marquee signing over the line.
0 x

eskimo joe

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:07 am

terrya1965 wrote:

I don`t think they trusted the other managers with the money,where MP has a pedigree.

Well we certainly know they didnt where Lard Arse was concerned, but i also don't think that's the reason it was merely another side of his character emerging. He is a tight arse , why all this Bacca and Cahvelo business if otherwise.?! Now he had no choice, and as someone earlier pointed out, hes probably spending the money he saved up for two seasons.
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

aklhammer

Postby aklhammer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:07 am

Wait...so the owners were geniuses all along?

This does not seem to me like pre-planning entrepreneurship, more like a reactionary understanding that the owners might have just finally realized they oversee a big expectant and passionate fan base.
Last edited by aklhammer on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

only1salty

Postby only1salty » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:09 am

Perhaps the protests actually worked?
2 x

Return to “Football Talk”