What’s financing this new found spending power

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
eskimo joe
Posts: 4230
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby eskimo joe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:53 pm

ToneLoc wrote:Sullivan has just remembered his safe code.
666


Not so safe if you got your hands on it
0 x
A good person does things in silence, others strive to be seen as good so scream out their deeds.

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 6579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:22 pm

eskimo joe wrote:
ToneLoc wrote:Sullivan has just remembered his safe code.
666


Not so safe if you got your hands on it

Laced with Novichok apparently.
Sullivan's immune due to his Russian ties (he wears the hat).
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5496
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:58 pm

ToneLoc wrote:Sullivan has just remembered his safe code.
666


In his line of business isn't it a safe word ?
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 5496
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby Whiskyman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:03 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:I stick by my theory, that I have posted before.
Sullivan is going to sell.
Everyone knows that there are clauses in the LS contract, that Sullivan will have to pay back x amount to the government if he sells the club above a certain amount. This amount is the value of the club set at £125m for ten years, plus debt and loans. The debt at the end of this financial year was £95m, mainly due to the owners, interest can be added to the debt. Sullivan is now surprisingly investing heavily in players, this will increase the debt of the club and the amount he has to pay back to the Government. He would now be able to sell the club for £400m without having to pay much in penalties. If and when a new owner comes in, they would need to invest in players, it is being done now under the watchful eye of boardmember Mr Tripp Smith, who will head the new takeover. Does anyone really think that Sullivan wanted to spend £10m a year on a manager, when he could of stayed with Moyes and pay peanuts compared to Mr P. Again this was an outside influence, bringing in a top manager ready for the takeover. Now that is my theory, if I am wrong I have totally misjudged Sullivan, and apologize.


Depends on how the club's asset valuation is presented. If West Ham PLC were liquidated tomorrow those players under contract would have value. Therefore they are an asset and would be shown as such in the accounts. So whilst you are correct in your assumption that the company debt would become larger if indeed funds had been borrowed to finance purchases, the club's asset value would increase because the players acquired would have a value to the business.
0 x
If it looks like a cunt, walks like a cunt, and talks like a cunt it's either Boris Johnson or Jeremy Corbyn.

Omarell
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:26 pm

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby Omarell » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:04 pm

They probably got a bit fed up with whats been happenning to West Ham over the last 5 years and started to realise that to get to the next level they needed to have a World Class manager ans spend mega bucks to acheive it.
0 x

User avatar
Avit
Posts: 1225
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby Avit » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:28 pm

[font=]

[/font]
ToneLoc wrote:
eskimo joe wrote:
Not so safe if you got your hands on it

Laced with Novichok apparently.
Sullivan's immune due to his Russian ties (he wears the hat).



Make your mind up..... is it the tie or the fucking hat?
0 x

User avatar
ToneLoc
Posts: 6579
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby ToneLoc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:54 pm

Avit wrote:[font=]

[/font]
ToneLoc wrote:Laced with Novichok apparently.
Sullivan's immune due to his Russian ties (he wears the hat).



Make your mind up..... is it the tie or the fucking hat?

:lol:
What do Russian ties look like?
Go on, I dare ya !!!!
0 x
"Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room"

User avatar
mkhammer
Posts: 3041
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 am

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby mkhammer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:12 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:I stick by my theory, that I have posted before.
Sullivan is going to sell.
Everyone knows that there are clauses in the LS contract, that Sullivan will have to pay back x amount to the government if he sells the club above a certain amount. This amount is the value of the club set at £125m for ten years, plus debt and loans. The debt at the end of this financial year was £95m, mainly due to the owners, interest can be added to the debt. Sullivan is now surprisingly investing heavily in players, this will increase the debt of the club and the amount he has to pay back to the Government. He would now be able to sell the club for £400m without having to pay much in penalties. If and when a new owner comes in, they would need to invest in players, it is being done now under the watchful eye of boardmember Mr Tripp Smith, who will head the new takeover. Does anyone really think that Sullivan wanted to spend £10m a year on a manager, when he could of stayed with Moyes and pay peanuts compared to Mr P. Again this was an outside influence, bringing in a top manager ready for the takeover. Now that is my theory, if I am wrong I have totally misjudged Sullivan, and apologize.



Not sure bout that Andy.....Not saying he wont sell if things fall right...

But think his original intentions were to start a "little".. :lol: Dynasty,whilst having a nice
earner that wasn't hurting/risking his own Bankroll to much.....
Always about easy money for him....low risk...average profit.....hence football...
No one in there right mind goes into football to make nice fat profits,but in saying that
our profits on turnover,must be a shit load more than he was anticipating....
Higher than expected ticket sales.....TV rights money going thru the roof etc..

Always thought the only way they would leave,was if they felt "Uncomfortable" here
Why I was in favour of protesting....something I'm normally against,but needs must and all that..

Thing I never got ,when they brought us,they made it openly known they wanted other
investors......Maybe Tabor and his connections....Tony Fernandes...and others,but nobody
came on board.....
Find it strange that only these guys saw the opportunity.....I'd have been all over it if I had
that kinda money..

Things are looking a lot brighter...whatever....

But still not Happy he's here.....
0 x

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby BillyDWhizz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:14 pm

ToneLoc wrote:
Avit wrote:[font=]

[/font]


Make your mind up..... is it the tie or the fucking hat?

:i am genuinely amused:
What do Russian ties look like?
Go on, I dare ya !!!!



Image
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

User avatar
Hildreth_1101
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:41 pm

Re: What’s financing this new found spending power

Postby Hildreth_1101 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:27 pm

Owners spend as much or as little as they feel they can with FPP.

Because reality is club isn't always running with actual liquid capital to go purchase players and most the financing for the actual cash money is done by specialist lenders who lend on the bases of projected income ie TV money, hence why you always see some form of Transfer related loan on the Financial statement mentioned as being paid back during the year.

So to answer your question, what is financing this spending power? UK financial market :lol:

Time and time again I read fans views on spending money and I see a lot of them don't quite get how running a football club works, that's why they're fans and owners are owners.

[*] That said I done analysis before and still come to the conclusion that the owners are underspending slightly and also not as generous as Bill Kenwright at Everton offering interest free loans to the club compared to our owners 5-11% loans.

[*] In addition, we have paid down more debt in the past couple of years, so that may also be a factor.

[*] Furthermore - I also think owners trust this manager far more than Moyes / Bilic.

[*] Finally I think pressure from the fans and our recent league performances has made the owners realise they need to spend more on the squad.

Combination of the factors.
0 x


Return to “Football Talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 4ever-blowin-bubbles, terrya1965, Vladnar and 14 guests