the west ham years gone by thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Re: the west ham years gone by thread

Postby Brookbonds73 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:22 am

Great stuff.
Love that picture of psycho.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:07 am

Keep up the good work mate.
Some brilliant pics there. whufc_crest
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm

[url][/url]
tassiehammer wrote:That can't be the north bank on the previous page CH. Theres a golf umbrella in the middle and no hammers fan would be playing golf in those days let alone owning an umbrella. He must have pinched it from an Arsenal fan. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
And the one of the youth side 73/74 I played against most of those when I was in the Southend youth side. Brought back some memories.

I played again Chester brown in about 1977 78 but he wasn't called that then he was a ringer playing for little eye ....Fucking bully on the pitch but me being the knob I was back then stood my ground and kept giving it to him verbally .... Then off the ball I got knocked out cold. You don't have to columbo to see who did it. Lol

My head hurt for fucking weeks. Lol.
0 x
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:54 pm

grandad wrote:[url][/url]
tassiehammer wrote:That can't be the north bank on the previous page CH. Theres a golf umbrella in the middle and no hammers fan would be playing golf in those days let alone owning an umbrella. He must have pinched it from an Arsenal fan. :i am genuinely amused: :i am genuinely amused:
And the one of the youth side 73/74 I played against most of those when I was in the Southend youth side. Brought back some memories.

I played again Chester brown in about 1977 78 but he wasn't called that then he was a ringer playing for little eye ....Fucking bully on the pitch but me being the knob I was back then stood my ground and kept giving it to him verbally .... Then off the ball I got knocked out cold. You don't have to columbo to see who did it. i am genuinely amused

My head hurt for fucking weeks. i am genuinely amused.

Serves you right. Chester went to Rokeby I think. Little Eye, fuck, we had some run ins with them. And then most of them join up with us at south west ham tech when we became trinity :lol: Nearly had a finger bit off by one of them :lol:
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:33 pm

tassiehammer wrote:
grandad wrote:[url][/url]

I played again Chester brown in about 1977 78 but he wasn't called that then he was a ringer playing for little eye ....Fucking bully on the pitch but me being the knob I was back then stood my ground and kept giving it to him verbally .... Then off the ball I got knocked out cold. You don't have to columbo to see who did it. i am genuinely amused

My head hurt for fucking weeks. i am genuinely amused.

Serves you right. Chester went to Rokeby I think. Little Eye, fuck, we had some run ins with them. And then most of them join up with us at south west ham tech when we became trinity :i am genuinely amused: Nearly had a finger bit off by one of them :i am genuinely amused:

He was about 6 7 years older than me I was 17 I think he used to leave his foot in all time and was a dirty fucker. ... I remember calling him a few names that day. Lol. Little eye and west ham youth both proper dirty fuckers and were bullies if allowed. I played with the snippers against them also ...Slug.. big Wren..And few others not to mention and it the words of corporal Jones. They don't like it up em. Lol .
0 x

Newmarket

Postby Newmarket » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 pm

grandad wrote:
tassiehammer wrote:
Serves you right. Chester went to Rokeby I think. Little Eye, fuck, we had some run ins with them. And then most of them join up with us at south west ham tech when we became trinity :i am genuinely amused: Nearly had a finger bit off by one of them :i am genuinely amused:

He was about 6 7 years older than me I was 17 I think he used to leave his foot in all time and was a dirty fucker. ... I remember calling him a few names that day. i am genuinely amused. Little eye and west ham youth both proper dirty fuckers and were bullies if allowed. I played with the snippers against them also ...Slug.. big Wren..And few others not to mention and it the words of corporal Jones. They don't like it up em. i am genuinely amused .

He was pretty good for an 84 yr old then ? :D
2 x
I hate Thrush he’s an irritating Cunt .

bovington

Postby bovington » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:20 am

Grandad
I went to school with Chester & a few of the other Little Eye players, we all played for the school team together. He went to Sandringham School & then Trinity (SW Tech & Sandringham). In 1977/78 he would have been 20/21. Very good player but relied heavily on his size & speed as schoolboy. Never saw much of him after we left school; last time I saw him was around 1979 in the Lotus Club Forest Gate. Btw Alan Curbishley was also with us at Trinity, but in the year below.
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:32 am

bovington wrote:Grandad
I went to school with Chester & a few of the other Little Eye players, we all played for the school team together. He went to Sandringham School & then Trinity (SW Tech & Sandringham). In 1977/78 he would have been 20/21. Very good player but relied heavily on his size & speed as schoolboy. Never saw much of him after we left school; last time I saw him was around 1979 in the Lotus Club Forest Gate. Btw Alan Curbishley was also with us at Trinity, but in the year below.

he was a powerful lump mate .. strong quick and dirty with it ... me I was good but had to much mouth lol

hence the right hander from him ... mind you when I played with all the towners against him he was not his old self lol I wonder why ? .... good days all the same mate
0 x

tassiehammer

Postby tassiehammer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:32 am

How you going mate. I was in the year above Curbs as well. We played together in a schools championship final. They let him play up a year because he was so good at an early age. I'll have to get a photo out to see if Chester Brown was in the side. I can remember Alan Rolles I think, a 8 foot tall goalie. :lol: I played for Cromwell at that age and we had some run ins with Little Eye. Or was it Little I for Ilford?
0 x

grandad

Postby grandad » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:22 am

tassiehammer wrote:

How you going mate. I was in the year above Curbs as well. We played together in a schools championship final. They let him play up a year because he was so good at an early age. I'll have to get a photo out to see if Chester Brown was in the side. I can remember Alan Rolles I think, a 8 foot tall goalie. :i am genuinely amused: I played for Cromwell at that age and we had some run ins with Little Eye. Or was it Little I for Ilford?

Cromwell always tiptop side mate. When I played fairburn house our enermys was creadon. Always a battle with them
0 x

Return to “Football Talk”