Our Youngsters

Chat about anything football related here!
Mikeveep

Our Youngsters

Post by Mikeveep » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Highlights.

https://www.whufc.com/fixtures/first-te ... ham-united" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
0 x

Baddowhammer

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by Baddowhammer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:46 pm

Cheers,good result for the youngsters considering some have been drafted in from younger sides as some of the U23s are with the first team,very impressed.COYI
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:59 pm

watched them against dag @ redbridge last week some do look very good
0 x

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Whats happened to Toni Martinez? Its all a bit strange with him, got shipped out on the QT in January to a second division Spanish side, never started a match, came on 10 times as sub, usually very late on, scored one goal. Is he training with the first team? Is he going to be sold? What has happened to our young hopeful?
0 x

h69

Post by h69 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 pm

andyginbrasil wrote:Whats happened to Toni Martinez? Its all a bit strange with him, got shipped out on the QT in January to a second division Spanish side, never started a match, came on 10 times as sub, usually very late on, scored one goal. Is he training with the first team? Is he going to be sold? What has happened to our young hopeful?
Looked poor at Shrewsbury. I am not convinced that he is good enough
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Baddowhammer wrote:Cheers,good result for the youngsters considering some have been drafted in from younger sides as some of the U23s are with the first team,very impressed.COYI
One or two looked very useful from those clips but what a shame there's no real development ladder unless they go out on loan to play against decent opposition week in, week out.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

garnett

Post by garnett » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:09 am

Morning, Martinez has only just returned from his loan spell in Spain,

I can see many going the same way as Burke and even less making the bench unless there is a major injury crisis, I don't believe it`s because they don't have the ability, it`s about the Old Bloke wanting his own brought in as we have already seen.

Rice ? Bench at best. :cry:
0 x

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:54 am

In terms of the youngsters I expect this to be Nathan Hollands breakthrough year.

Scully looks a good prospect but obviously a couple of year behind.
0 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:58 am

Gonzo wrote:In terms of the youngsters I expect this to be Nathan Hollands breakthrough year.

Scully looks a good prospect but obviously a couple of year behind.
I've liked the look of Holland when I've seen him but, like all the others, his development is going to be royally fucked unless either he gets the occasional outing for us, even from the bench, or is shipped out on loan for a season instead of having to waste his time fucking about in the Academy league or whatever the bloody thing is called.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

h69

Post by h69 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:55 am

garnett wrote:Morning, Martinez has only just returned from his loan spell in Spain,

I can see many going the same way as Burke and even less making the bench unless there is a major injury crisis, I don't believe it`s because they don't have the ability, it`s about the Old Bloke wanting his own brought in as we have already seen.
Rice ? Bench at best. :cry:
I dont think that many of them are good enough. Rice broke through last season especially under Moyes but noone else did.

Holland was injured but I am pretty sure he will get some gametime this season as will Cullen by the looks of things but having seen Martinez up close, he looks a decent lower league player but I dont think he is quite good enough for the PL.
0 x

Social Media