Our Youngsters

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
garnett
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Bow
x 7

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by garnett » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:10 am

h69 wrote:
garnett wrote:Morning, Martinez has only just returned from his loan spell in Spain,

I can see many going the same way as Burke and even less making the bench unless there is a major injury crisis, I don't believe it`s because they don't have the ability, it`s about the Old Bloke wanting his own brought in as we have already seen.
Rice ? Bench at best. :cry:
I dont think that many of them are good enough. Rice broke through last season especially under Moyes but noone else did.

Holland was injured but I am pretty sure he will get some gametime this season as will Cullen by the looks of things but having seen Martinez up close, he looks a decent lower league player but I dont think he is quite good enough for the PL.

We will never know if they are good enough to make the grade because so few are given the chances, unless in exceptional circumstances or pre-season ambles, I know Terry Westley rates Holland extremely highly, he has been raving about his performances since his injury, someone tell me how he will get a break now we have bought Yarny and Anderson
0 x

User avatar
h69
Posts: 2940
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm
Location: Ruislip, Middlesex
x 30
x 25

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by h69 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:00 am

garnett wrote:
h69 wrote:
I dont think that many of them are good enough. Rice broke through last season especially under Moyes but noone else did.

Holland was injured but I am pretty sure he will get some gametime this season as willow Cullen by the looks of things but having seen Martinez up close, he looks a decent lower league player but I dont think he is quite good enough for the PL.

We will never know if they are good enough to make the grade because so few are given the chances, unless in exceptional circumstances or pre-season ambles, I know Terry Westley rates Holland extremely highly, he has been raving about his performances since his injury, someone tell me how he will get a break now we have bought Yarny and Anderson
Yes he does and haksabanovic has had a good preseason but if they’d are good enough then they will play just like Rice.

Many of the others have not been good enough....look at Oxford, his career nosedived after he got a bumper pay deal. Was he good enough ? No.
0 x

User avatar
Caboose
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 pm
x 2
x 3

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by Caboose » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Someone else eating humble pie innit ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

by garnett » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:09 am
Morning, Martinez has only just returned from his loan spell in Spain,

I can see many going the same way as Burke and even less making the bench unless there is a major injury crisis, I don't believe it`s because they don't have the ability, it`s about the Old Bloke wanting his own brought in as we have already seen.

Rice ? Bench at best. :cry:

Post by garnett » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:01 pm
Afternoon, only a fool would try to second guess the Old Bloke,
but will Sanchez survive his wrath, Balbuena`s tackle v Bournemouth ( term used very loosely) aside, those whom have not performed have mostly been scapegoated and banished, Rice, Fredericks, Zabaleta, Noble, Ogbonna, Antonio.

You cannot tell me this cutthroat attitude is good for confidence or moral, he clearly doesn't know his best starting 11 because no one has got to grips with the system he is trying to play, and neither do I.

I certainly am not confident going into our next 3 fixtures, perhaps I should go on a break for a few days to properly assess our situation

Post by garnett » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:46 am
Are we getting into Alladyce country, defend properly and counter attack, respect the point ?
Is that such a bad option against a bogey team ?

Granted its not what anyone of us wants to see, but I fear the Old Bloke may have overestimated us, tried to get us running when we were barely walking as a squad, poor poor pre season also another factor.


by garnett » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:36 am
Morning, why is everyone getting alarmed, why hasn't anyone seen this coming ?
There is no way on earth the Old Bloke is going to risk playing Academy graduates, he has brought in who he wants, a couple totally unknown to us, success is expected, and I`m not talking winning anything, I`m pretty damn sure our board expects nothing less than Europa League next season for their outlay of cash, so, we will are now in a position where our graduates are now beginning to access their position within our set up regardless of their talent, Burke didnt want to go, but to further his own career and the expected book balancing act left him with little choice.

Forward thinking ambitious clubs will be watching our situation with interest.
0 x

User avatar
garnett
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Bow
x 7

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by garnett » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:48 pm

And your point is ?
0 x

User avatar
Hammertime
Posts: 1253
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 1:19 pm
x 8
x 24

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by Hammertime » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:55 pm

garnett wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:48 pm
And your point is ?
Certainly that you didnt take into acct the new manager, dir of football, system and 100 mill in new players and the time it took to implement all the above into a coherent systmem on the pitch. Or that he cut bait with Burke and drafted in Diop and Balbuena, made a regular out of Rice as a DM and now has Diangana as a regular in the squad.

At what point do we look at this quiet graceful old man and realize he's the best thing that has happened to our club in a long time.
0 x

User avatar
Caboose
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 pm
x 2
x 3

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by Caboose » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:09 pm

garnett wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:48 pm
And your point is ?
Thought it's obvious. Rice isnt sidelined, Zabaleta, Noble, Ogbonna, Antonio ain't been banished, Dianganas been given a chance and hes one of the youngsters and the old bloke as you rudely call him probably dont know his best 11 because of all the injuries weve had. Probaly you dont like Pellers because hes not all matey matey with you down Little Heath eh.
0 x

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 6003
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 18
x 66

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by Whiskyman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:12 pm

On the subject of our Under 23's does anyone know the latest on how Nathan Holland is progressing after his injury ? He was ahead of Diangana as a likely first team squad addition wasn't he, so Diangana's progress can't have done him any harm in a backhanded sort of way.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

User avatar
BillyDWhizz
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm
x 13
x 24

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by BillyDWhizz » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:54 am
In terms of the youngsters I expect this to be Nathan Hollands breakthrough year.


Scully looks a good prospect but obviously a couple of year behind.
Xande Silva, Nathan Holland and Vashon Neufville are the U23 players I expect (hope) to breakthrough at some stage this season. Silva, I think, was bought with one eye on the 1st team anyway and was unlucky to get injured early doors. Ditto for Holland with his injury and I really like the look of Neufville - so do the likes of City and Arsenal apparently which is a head turner the club would do well to nip in the bud if I were them. In all honesty I'd rather Neufville at LB than Arthur at the moment!
0 x
I hate it when people don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". There so stupid.

User avatar
IronsForever
Posts: 4294
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 am
x 31
x 45

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by IronsForever » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:02 pm

i thought Samuelson was top class and was bound to have reached that next step up the ladder by now but he seems to be fading away.Such a shame because i really rated the lad. They look world beaters against lads their age but making that jump to the premier league is a jump only 1 or 2 make a year if that.And when they make that jump they are only giving brief moments in a game to impress. Very hard for youngsters coming through now.
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
garnett
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:58 am
Location: Bow
x 7

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by garnett » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:16 pm

I'm really pleased for Declan, he had been a revelation, 2 wins on the trot, finally starting a proper striker the side seems to be taking shape . Bit early for smugness, long way to go, injured player's returning will give "Pelle" a headache,albeit a good one, and he has never been to Little Heath.
Have a good evening.
2 x

Post Reply

Social Media