Our Youngsters

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Our Youngsters

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:55 am

IronsForever wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:02 pm
i thought Samuelson was top class and was bound to have reached that next step up the ladder by now but he seems to be fading away.Such a shame because i really rated the lad. They look world beaters against lads their age but making that jump to the premier league is a jump only 1 or 2 make a year if that.And when they make that jump they are only giving brief moments in a game to impress. Very hard for youngsters coming through now.
I thought Samuelsen looked good when I saw him in a couple of PSF's in Bilic's time but as you say he hasn't pulled up any trees out on loan. But he's still only 21 so there is time. He's out in Holland at the moment but by all accounts isn't commanding a regular place in the Venlo team.
0 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:10 am

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:55 am
IronsForever wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:02 pm
i thought Samuelson was top class and was bound to have reached that next step up the ladder by now but he seems to be fading away.Such a shame because i really rated the lad. They look world beaters against lads their age but making that jump to the premier league is a jump only 1 or 2 make a year if that.And when they make that jump they are only giving brief moments in a game to impress. Very hard for youngsters coming through now.
I thought Samuelsen looked good when I saw him in a couple of PSF's in Bilic's time but as you say he hasn't pulled up any trees out on loan. But he's still only 21 so there is time. He's out in Holland at the moment but by all accounts isn't commanding a regular place in the Venlo team.
Did he not get player of the season at one of the first division clubs when he was only 17? Was it Oxford?
0 x
Come On You Irons!!!!!!!!!!

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:55 am

IronsForever wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:10 am
Whiskyman wrote:

Did he not get player of the season at one of the first division clubs when he was only 17? Was it Oxford?

It was at Posh mate.

He's a funny one because he has all the attributes to make it but he should have done so by now. I saw him play last season in the checkatrade and he was as big as Ginge with very quick feet so it ain't due to lack of physicality.
1 x

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 am

IronsForever wrote:
Whiskyman wrote:

Don't know mate but it wasn't Oxford, he's never been there on loan (Peterborough, Blackburn and Burton Albion and only 40 appearances spread over 3 years so I doubt it). I think you might be thinking of Rob Hall who did have a season at Oxford on loan and by all accounts did very well there and may well have won the player of the year.
1 x
I demand answers. And I demand them now. Why is there only one monopolies commission ?

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:51 pm

How bout Marcus Browne? they recently added a highlighs vid of his current loan spell on loan on official youtube and he seems to be impressing, his finishing in particular
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Whiskyman wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 am
IronsForever wrote:

Don't know mate but it wasn't Oxford, he's never been there on loan (Peterborough, Blackburn and Burton Albion and only 40 appearances spread over 3 years so I doubt it). I think you might be thinking of Rob Hall who did have a season at Oxford on loan and by all accounts did very well there and may well have won the player of the year.
It was Peterborough.
0 x

IronsForever

Post by IronsForever » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:30 pm

0 x

Social Media