Felipe on the left? Shouldn't he be a no 10?

Chat about anything football related here!
FatPigIron

Felipe on the left? Shouldn't he be a no 10?

Post by FatPigIron » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:17 pm

We all know Anderson didn't exactly shine in the Ipswich game, but hey, it was his 1st appearance....maybe wan't 100% fit etc, but I felt he was v crampt on the LW. To get the best out of him, and get the best service to Arnie, shouldn't he be going down the centre?

If so, where does Wilshire fit in?

Also, Felipe can play down the RW, in which case we have Antonio, Yarmolenko, Snoddy and him....whereas on the LW we have Masuaku and potentially Antonio (but frankly, he's far, far better on the RW IMO)...
But if Masuaku is on the LW (as I strongly feel he should be rather than LB), then we only have Cressie at LB, who is just not good enough IMO, and no reserve.

That's why I've been banging on all summer that if we need anyone, it's a good LB.

We've got fab players in the squad, but sadly, I still feel the side is v unbalanced; we're short of the L and an embarrassment of riches on the R and central attacking mid.

Thoughts gents please.....
0 x

Taansend

Re: Felipe on the left? Shouldn't he be a no 10?

Post by Taansend » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:09 pm

I thought Anderson and Masuaku linked up well on the left. The more they train and play together the better they'll get.

Wilshire pulling strings in the middle, Yarm or Antonio on the right and Arnie leading the line.

That's the line up of he plays two DMs.

Otherwise 442 with 1 DM & Chicharito and Arnie upfront.
0 x

Post by 4142 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:17 pm

He's an old fashioned number 12
0 x
"HEY YOU GUYS"

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:33 pm

it will be interesting to see where he plays and how our team is going to line up at liverpool
as it is an away game against 1 of the big boys pellegrini will sure changed it when we play bournemouth at home
surely we can't be playing the same system for every game
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:31 pm

4142 wrote:He's an old fashioned number 12
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:40 pm

4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:it will be interesting to see where he plays and how our team is going to line up at liverpool
as it is an away game against 1 of the big boys pellegrini will sure changed it when we play bournemouth at home
Pellegrinis system as far as I can see is 4 at the back , and depending on the strength of the opposition , affects how the rest of the team setup and the tactics played . His teams are very adaptable .
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:54 am

Clayton wrote:
4ever-blowin-bubbles wrote:it will be interesting to see where he plays and how our team is going to line up at liverpool
Pellegrinis system as far as I can see is 4 at the back , and depending on the strength of the opposition , affects how the rest of the team setup and the tactics played . His teams are very adaptable .
Tough start for him as you prob couldn't get 2 different teams to set up for,gonna be interesting
to see what he does...gotta admit I'm struggling...and usually have it clear the team I would
pick.A Watford /Burnley start or something similar,would be easier.
I know it's very much a squad game now but don't like seeing to many changes,1 maybe 2,
why I like flexible players,can play a different system with same team more or less.

Felipe Left or 10.....I like the forward line to be just 3 attack minded players as opposed to
having a defined position....think this is what Peller is aiming at...
Arnie is the pivot in the middle,who can interchange with either wide attacker,he's perfect for
that....he's gonna be man marked a lot this year...this can pull the defender picking him up
out of position a create gaps for the other 2.

But not to concerned with the attack,players his got are Very Very good and will adjust...still
the DMF for me....He's gonna start with Rice and Nobes...but can't see what I would do
if one gets hurt or it needs changing...just Obiang....and doesn't start for me..
0 x

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:05 pm

Start on the left but cut into the centre. Maduaku will provide enough width from LB where i expect him to cement his place. Cresswell has no pre-season games yet becuase of injury so unlikely so get a start early in the season.

I think Masuaku is the better player. People say Cresswell is better defensively but I think he can be just as dodgy as Masuaku if not more. Amd both are good offensively with Masuaku the better dribbler and Cresswell better at taking free-kicks. Crossing about par i'd say.

Lineup looks likely to be a 4-3-3 by the looks of the pre-season games.

Adrian/Fabianski

Fredericks/Zabaleta
Ogbonna/Diop/Balbuena
Ogbonna/Diop/Balbuena
Masuaku/Cresswell

Noble/Rice/Obiang
Noble/Rice/Obiang
Wilshere

Anderson
Arnautovic/Chicarito
Yarmolenko/Antonio/Arnautovic

Unless Pellegrini decides to go with 2 upfront as soon as Chicha is avaliable, then the formation might change.
0 x

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:20 pm

thomasswe wrote:Start on the left but cut into the centre. Maduaku will provide enough width from LB where i expect him to cement his place. Cresswell has no pre-season games yet becuase of injury so unlikely so get a start early in the season.

I think Masuaku is the better player. People say Cresswell is better defensively but I think he can be just as dodgy as Masuaku if not more. Amd both are good offensively with Masuaku the better dribbler and Cresswell better at taking free-kicks. Crossing about par i'd say.

Adrian/Fabianski

Fredericks/Zabaleta
Ogbonna/Diop/Balbuena
Ogbonna/Diop/Balbuena
Masuaku/Cresswell

Noble/Rice/Obiang
Noble/Rice/Obiang
Wilshere

Anderson
Arnautovic/Chicarito

Unless Pellegrini decides to go with 2 upfront as soon as Chicha is avaliable, then the formation might change.
I'm still nervous about the LB position; Cressie just not good enough since his injury 2 years ago; he's better, but not enough, and Masuaku is a positive liability IMO at LB. Maybe he's improved?? Love him as LW - Bloody fantastic, but not LB.

I'm almost as nervous as when Slav foolishly didn't have a plan B for Antonio at RB, and we got ruthlessly exposed.

I think Pelle is going to get a rude awakening as to our vulnerability at LB. Nothing like as bad as the Slav RB cock up, but I think he's wrong to be concentrating on a striker and even DMF when the screaming priority is LB IMO.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:16 pm

FatPigIron wrote:
thomasswe wrote:Start on the left but cut into the centre. Maduaku will provide enough width from LB where i expect him to cement his place. Cresswell has no pre-season games yet becuase of injury so unlikely so get a start early in the season.

Adrian/Fabianski

Fredericks/Zabaleta
Ogbonna/Diop/Balbuena
Ogbonna/Diop/Balbuena
Masuaku/Cresswell

Noble/Rice/Obiang
Noble/Rice/Obiang
Wilshere

Anderson
Arnautovic/Chicarito

I'm still nervous about the LB position; Cressie just not good enough since his injury 2 years ago; he's better, but not enough, and Masuaku is a positive liability IMO at LB. Maybe he's improved?? Love him as LW - Bloody fantastic, but not LB.

I'm almost as nervous as when Slav foolishly didn't have a plan B for Antonio at RB, and we got ruthlessly exposed.

I think Pelle is going to get a rude awakening as to our vulnerability at LB. Nothing like as bad as the Slav RB cock up, but I think he's wrong to be concentrating on a striker and even DMF when the screaming priority is LB IMO.
How on earth no one doesnt see DM as a priority is beyond me , we have not had one for a few seasons now , and filling in with the likes of Kouyate , Obiang and Noble has not worked . As can bee seen by our abysmal defensive record of late , how easily the opposition have cut through our midfield . As for having to rely on Rice at the start of a new season is a big ask , a youngster who is untested in the premiership in this position ( though he will more then cope , well I hope so , as he has all the attributes for this position , but to not have a decent backup or starter alongside him is not a good start to the season . Though I do agree that we do need a LB who is a starter as neither Masuaku or Cresswell are the answer for that position .
0 x

Social Media