Kouyate sold?

Chat about anything football related here!
JustLikeMyDreams

Re: Kouyate sold?

Post by JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:02 am

FatPigIron wrote:
JustLikeMyDreams wrote:I agree he has been mainly poor for a long time now.But I thought his first two seasons for us,he done a more than reasonable job.

But I am not sure £9.5 million for a 28 year old with his experience is good business?Surely he should be worth 15 million+ in today’s market?Or am I just looking through my claret and blue business specks here :shock:
I agree, mate. Seems far too low. Why does WHU let good players go on the cheap. For much of last season, he was Chateau Shit-house, but massively improved once sour-puss Sakho and Ayew had left. I thought he was v good for last 1/4 of the season. Bit sad to see him go after his 1st 2 seasons with us, but hey, maybe it's because we're stepping up a gear.
I am wondering if he wanted too move on mate!
As you pointed out the body language has not been good from him until the last half a dozen games!
Maybe the last six games improved,after pyscho had him by the throat against the dressing room wall and threatened too take him to sex pistols weekender at Bognor if he kept sulking :D
But only maybe ;)
0 x

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:05 am

Scored the 1st ever WHU goal at the LS (Antonio scored the 1st league goal). Bit of an end of an era.

He was a key component of that last magnificent season at the Boleyn. He was fantastic for us then, kicking off with that headed goal in the 1st game of the season against Arsenal away to give us a win.

Bit sad to see him go, but on the other hand, it means WHU is stepping up its game/ambitions. Annoyed he's gone so cheaply. Most of last season he was not good, but greatly improved for last 1/4....once Ayew and Sakho had gone.

Good luck, Cheik....Thx for the memories.
0 x

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:08 am

JustLikeMyDreams wrote:
FatPigIron wrote:
I agree, mate. Seems far too low. Why does WHU let good players go on the cheap. For much of last season, he was Chateau Shit-house, but massively improved once sour-puss Sakho and Ayew had left. I thought he was v good for last 1/4 of the season. Bit sad to see him go after his 1st 2 seasons with us, but hey, maybe it's because we're stepping up a gear.
I am wondering if he wanted too move on mate!
As you pointed out the body language has not been good from him until the last half a dozen games!
Maybe the last six games improved,after pyscho had him by the throat against the dressing room wall and threatened too take him to sex pistols weekender at Bognor if he kept sulking :D
But only maybe ;)
Ha! I love it. Did Psycho really do that? It's definitely what he needed....Whatever happened, he certainly improved. But, yes, maybe he needed to move on.... I only wish him well.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:25 am

Like others say, he was as instrumental to our brilliant season under Bilic as that fat French bloke. But I honestly don't know where it went wrong. Since then he's been a shadow of that player. Slow, misplaced passes, not in the box nearly as much as he used to be. It's a good bit of business.

Many a time have ex-players come back to haunt us and if it does, shit happens. I can't stand those whiny fuckers but apart from against us I wish him well.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:41 am

I won't forget the times his poor passing lost us winnable games. We have moved above him this window. Wont be unkind to the bloke because I will cherish memories of him, but this is a good transfer for us in my opinion.
0 x

palerider
Location: A small village on Mars just outside the capital city, Wibble

Post by palerider » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:16 am

If we get him, Thiago Maia is a big upgrade.
0 x
The cheque's in the post. Honestly.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:59 am

Good luck (exept against us Cheik)!
0 x

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:15 am

Hero to Zero for me..My HOTY 3 years ago to someone I found infuriating to watch..

Would love to know what happened to him..Since he started wearing that Bandage thing he
has seemed so fragile...a big guy in that role needs to be a bully.

But there's a half decent player in there somewhere,and a top bloke,gonna miss him in truth.

Good Luck Wiley........ :lol:
0 x

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:24 am

I'd like to thank him for the service he gave to our club and wish him all the best for his future.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

garnett

Post by garnett » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:26 pm

This may bite us in the arse, bad move imo , short memories some people.
0 x

Social Media