Kouyate sold?

Chat about anything football related here!
Mikeveep

Re: Kouyate sold?

Post by Mikeveep » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Such a fall from grace must be due to bad management.

Persevering with the idea that he would be a successful goal scorer/creator ,which was conceived from the desperation of having no decent strikers for so long, was his downfall. I think Sam kept him reined in but Bilic and Moyes pursued that strategy.

A compliment to Pelle. that he has spotted it so quickly.
0 x

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:50 pm

I think Pelle's going for players that he thinks will give him at least a 7/10 performance every week. And that's his minimum requirement. Too many times in the last few seasons we've been playing with players who at best gave a 5/10, some below that!
The time for fucking about is over, either perform to a standard that is acceptable or off you must fuck.
Pelle might seem a nice fella but he's no cunt, onward and upward from now on.
0 x
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:19 pm

As a person and dressing room presence you get the feeling he was a big part of the changing room. He had one really good season for us then seemed to go backwards. Possibly because he was told to protect the defence a bit whereas he I saw a bit more free ranging. Either way I thank him for his service but not too sad to see him go, although 9.5 million (if true) is too low for his age and prem experience.
0 x

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:49 pm

Alfiehammer wrote:As a person and dressing room presence you get the feeling he was a big part of the changing room.
I think this was the problem last season, there was clearly a problem in the dressing room. Yes, poor management, negative tactics etc, but when the bloke who was the life and soul of the party, the guy you turn to for guaranteed smiles to cheer everyone up is down in the dumps its going to affect the whole place. And it has to be about the whole Tony Henry thing. Sakho & Ayew moved on, but whatever happened happened, Tony got the bullet but there was clearly a bit of a culture above and around him too and I can see why Cheik could not continue happily. Most of us have been there, the i's are dotted and t's crossed in an HR kind of way, but things will never be the same and sometimes you just need to move on.

Put the boot on the other foot, I wouldn't be paying over 10m for him based on recent performances, take what you can get and hopefully we can kick off a new era of positivity in the changing room which helps cultivate winning ways.

All the best Cheik, you are a great bloke, get your smile and laugh back.
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Brookbonds73 wrote:I think Pelle's going for players that he thinks will give him at least a 7/10 performance every week. And that's his minimum requirement. Too many times in the last few seasons we've been playing with players who at best gave a 5/10, some below that!
The time for fucking about is over, either perform to a standard that is acceptable or off you must fuck.
Pelle might seem a nice fella but he's no cunt, onward and upward from now on.
His minimum requirement is 7/10 every week :D
0 x

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:26 pm

Having watched him over the past few seasons, i feel his best position is the right side of a back 3. He's good in the air, comfortable in possession and no one can out run him. When we had a lack of production up front due to injuries and bad management he was deployed as a box to box mid, given his pace and it quickly became obvious which box he prefered! He was never the same defender after that and Pelle plays a back 4. Couple that with the striking options we now have, he's never going to fit in our system and I look forward to his defensive gaffs when we play Palace.
0 x
Patriotism, like celibacy, can be carried too far!

Dolfo

Post by Dolfo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:49 pm

Taansend wrote:
Towie wrote:Sky reporting Kouyate sold to palace.

Good luck Cheik, you’ll need it at Palace.
They lost their first seven games and only won one of their first 11 but after Hodgson got his style onto the team they averaged 1.48 points per game.

This would have given them 7th place if implemented over the whole season.

Obviously this doesn't mean they would have got that but they weren't a bad team under Hodgson. He's an excellent manager with this size team.

I think they'll be one of our rivals for that magical 7th place (although I'm daydreaming of higher).
Taans, you truly are a cunt.
0 x

Taansend

Post by Taansend » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:59 pm

Dolfo wrote:
Taansend wrote:
They lost their first seven games and only won one of their first 11 but after Hodgson got his style onto the team they averaged 1.48 points per game.

This would have given them 7th place if implemented over the whole season.

Obviously this doesn't mean they would have got that but they weren't a bad team under Hodgson. He's an excellent manager with this size team.

I think they'll be one of our rivals for that magical 7th place (although I'm daydreaming of higher).
Taans, you truly are a cunt.
Don't fucking beat around the bush. What are you trying to say?
0 x

hd1

Post by hd1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:11 pm

Funny how you never saw him and Keith Lemon in the same room?
0 x

Hammershark

Post by Hammershark » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:38 pm

Sad to see Kouyate go but think it’s best for both parties.
Some players can play for a club with the same zest as the day they started, season after season eg Noble.
Some go stale and need a fresh start and Kouyate falls into that category unfortunately.
I say a big thanks to him though as in his first season or two he was absolutely immense for us, there was times he was injured and it weakened us immensely.....I think some people forget this.
Don’t no why he’s lost his mojo but let’s face it ....it’s been shit at our club for a long time so maybe it’s worn him down as he was apparently the happy smiley bloke in the camp ...for a while anyway.
Good luck son ....just don’t come back and punish us...it’s not our fault you stopped smiling. :(
0 x

Social Media