Rice is a shoe in

Chat about anything football related here!
FatPigIron

Rice is a shoe in

Post by FatPigIron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Personally, I've got no time for the crowd who go blind to the facts when we have a prospect from the Academy. Irritates me big time. I'd love Burke and Oxford to have made the jump, but they just couldn't cut it...(MAYBE Oxford still has a bit of time left....)

HOWEVER, with Rice; OMG he's special. Just gets better and better every game. Sure, he's still learning from his mistakes, but they are fewer and less costly, and against Prem teams he could get exposed, but less than a year ago IMO.

And remember Rio? Fantastic player but for quite a long time, he cost us practically a goal a game; remember? Well Rice hasn't been nearly as costly as that, and really holding his own. He's a captain in the making IMO.
Noble, for me is still 1st on the team sheet before him by a long chalk, but Rice is rapidly getting there. I'd like them both playing as a pair of holding / defensive midfield.... We'll see....

I think the owners should bite the bullet and just pay for a long term contract. Incredibly, a lad from my 'caff' used to play football with him (in Surrey....that's right, folks; I'm a Surrey slag....and a dirty, greasy, ugly, fat one at that....at least according to my girlfriend anyway....and she's a superb judge of character), and he said what really separated him was his attitude: IMO, there's not a risk of it going to his head. He's too focussed and professional for that.

And I don't think I'm looking with rose-tinted specs, either; I'm looking at his composure on the pitch. LOVING IT! GET IN!

Thoughts, gents....
0 x

JustLikeMyDreams

Re: Rice is a shoe in

Post by JustLikeMyDreams » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:25 pm

I get the impression you rate our Declan.
I agree he does look like one of those special talents.Let’s hope we get him signed up before the season starts and playing regularly,with the knowledge he is settled.
0 x

Clayton

Post by Clayton » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:27 pm

FatPigIron wrote:Personally, I've got no time for the crowd who go blind to the facts when we have a prospect from the Academy. Irritates me big time. I'd love Burke and Oxford to have made the jump, but they just couldn't cut it...(MAYBE Oxford still has a bit of time left....)

HOWEVER, with Rice; OMG he's special. Just gets better and better every game. Sure, he's still learning from his mistakes, but they are fewer and less costly, and against Prem teams he could get exposed, but less than a year ago IMO.

And remember Rio? Fantastic player but for quite a long time, he cost us practically a goal a game; remember? Well Rice hasn't been nearly as costly as that, and really holding his own. He's a captain in the making IMO.
Noble, for me is still 1st on the team sheet before him by a long chalk, but Rice is rapidly getting there. I'd like them both playing as a pair of holding / defensive midfield.... We'll see....

I think the owners should bite the bullet and just pay for a long term contract. Incredibly, a lad from my 'caff' used to play football with him (in Surrey....that's right, folks; I'm a Surrey slag....and a dirty, greasy, ugly, fat one at that....at least according to my girlfriend anyway....and she's a superb judge of character), and he said what really separated him was his attitude: IMO, there's not a risk of it going to his head. He's too focussed and professional for that.

And I don't think I'm looking with rose-tinted specs, either; I'm looking at his composure on the pitch. LOVING IT! GET IN!

Thoughts, gents....
Know where your coming from , as I agree wholeheartedly when it comes to Rice , and can understand why you would want Noble to be alongside side him as the pair in front of the back 4 . But I think for it to work Noble has to stop trying to cover the whole pitch , having Rice alongside him will not be the same as having Kouyate and Obiang , he will have to learn to trust Rice . Noble needs to take stock , and take a long hard look at himself .
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:47 pm

If Rice does turn out to be the reliable partner Noble has not had since Scotty left,there will be no need for Noble to spread himself too thinly, and of course he'll trust him, he's been instrumental in his improvement for four years now,
0 x

whu

Post by whu » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:30 pm

FatPigIron wrote:Personally, I've got no time for the crowd who go blind to the facts when we have a prospect from the Academy. Irritates me big time. I'd love Burke and Oxford to have made the jump, but they just couldn't cut it...(MAYBE Oxford still has a bit of time left....)

Thoughts, gents....
Rice is quality, pay him the right money and move on.

Real men don't put OMG. Let this be the last.

As you were ...
0 x
Land based game. Pass and move. Simple.
Want a launching? Try NASA or Firework night.
We're West Ham. It's what we want. Now and always. Amen.

Dicksies Diner

Post by Dicksies Diner » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:19 pm

The boy as a lot to learn all his played is a few games. I like the kid and i see potential, if allowed to be himself and grow as a player and I really hope people don't get to carried away with him. I thought Burke did wells few seasons ago under BFS the few games he played near the end of the season 2014/15. Burke not given a proper chance since then. Oxford situation I'm baffled by.

As for the Rio costing us a goal a game. The team he was in was all about attack and the whole defence were always vulnerable.

Unless you're a 12 year old girl, cut out the OMG malarky or I'll start a petition to have you banned on here.
0 x
Love,peace and harmony to all Hammers.
Fuck the board.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Yes, he is special and now he has a great manager to nurture him.

Already better than Eric Dier. Too bad he decided he's Irish.

Great lad too, just hope he keeps grounded. From all accounts he will, but these hardball contract negotiations already cast a seed of doubt in my mind (not that the twins weren't taking the piss of course).

But the big clubs have already noticed him. I know Robbie from AFTV would love him there. We need to have a solid season fighting for places with the likes of them to have any chance of keeping him.
0 x

4ever-blowin-bubbles

Post by 4ever-blowin-bubbles » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:06 pm

looks a great prospect and already an international
lets hope pellegrini plays him a lot so he can learn the game and get better and maybe 1 day a future west ham captain
0 x

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:01 pm

From Pre season evidence, I'm guessing Rice and Noble will be in front of a back four, which I am delighted about.

Dream team !
0 x

FatPigIron

Post by FatPigIron » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:28 am

whu wrote:

Thoughts, gents....
Rice is quality, pay him the right money and move on.

Real men don't put OMG. Let this be the last.

As you were ...

Who said I was a real man, you old tart? I deny it entirely. Don't start these fake news rumours. My girlfriend reckons I'm a complete prat, and she's a brilliant judge of character. Now she's vicious; like a coiled spring; goes straight for the jugular. You going to take her on?
0 x

Social Media